ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: craiglist moneybookers scam
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:39 am 

i regesterd just to post this i was looking to buy a motorcycle so im looking into craglist i am calling and emailing any in my price range i come across one bike i will pase the e-mails so you read them for your self. this is his James Garrett

Hi,
the bike is in great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been dropped or abused in any way. It has a clear title and the price I`m selling it for is $2970, which is including all shippings charges.
I live in Charleston but I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be staying here for the next approximately 7 months, anyway I`m using MoneyBookers services so I can sell this bike without difficulty. I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They are supervising the entire process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period included, returns (if needed) and refunding.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks

my reply

James which bike are we talking about as i have email on a few reply in the email i sent to you. also i am in charleston where do you have the bike at?

JamesReply

Hi again,
It`s a '02 Yamaha YZF-R, the bike is stored in Raleigh (at MoneyBookers storage facility). Usually they deliver the products with a 14-day return policy right after the payment is confirmed, for inspection and to pick it up instead of being delivered you have to schedule an appointment, and it could take up to 25 days until you have it which is more than I`m willing to wait. I attached some pics so you can refresh your memory and if you decide to purchase it, let me explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can proceed:
To start the official transaction I need your full name and delivery address, I forward it to MoneyBookers and they will notify you with all the instructions (payment, shipping, my account status etc.). One of their agents will be assigned to receive and handle the payment. You have to transfer the funds to their agent as per their email directions and when the payment is complete, you have to send them the transfers information, they verify it, deposit the purchase amount in their trust account and start the shipping process. You will have a 14-day return policy, so you will have the chance to test and inspect the bike before funds are released. If you decide to keep it, they have the power of attorney so they will transfer the title into your name and release me the funds, if not they will be responsible for the return shipping and you will have a complete refund within 3 days.
Anyway, they will explain you detailed the entire process.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks

my reply

James i called to find a moneybookers storage facility in Raleigh cant seem to find one. do you have a # for them or an address??? im sure you dont or won't share it. if i can't pick up the bike and pay cash on the spot you can keep your bike. it sounds like a very nicely thought out scam sorry not on my watch. im not sending 2000 + to somewhere and wait for a bike to be delivered when i have means of picking it up. so thanks but no thanks good luck with your sale.

he goes by James and this is the e-mail address he is useing
James Garrett <james_g78@live.com>
becareful very careful i hope this may help...

Post subject: Re: craiglist moneybookers scam
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:52 am 

Wow that email sounds familiar...I just responded to an ad yesterday and got this reply from davidbartels73@hotmail.com

Hi,
the bike is in great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been dropped or abused in any way. It has a clear title and the price I`m selling it for is $2900, which is including all shippings charges.
I live in Raleigh but I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be staying here for the next approximately 7 months, anyway I`m using MoneyBookers services so I can sell this bike without difficulty. I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They are supervising the entire process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period included, returns (if needed) and refunding.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks

It sounded pretty 'scammy' so I sent back that if the bike is not in Raleigh don't bother to reply. I need to see it, sit on it, start it, and hear it run before any money changes hands.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:40 am 

Ohhh who would have thought....

Sounds shady... I am no longer interested thanks for your time.

--- On Sat, 8/30/08, Jarred Elmore <jdelmore55@live.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: r6
To: me
Date: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 2:03 AM

Hi again,
the bike is being stored in Raleigh at MoneyBookers storage facility. They usually deliver the products with a 14-day return policy right after the payment is confirmed, for inspection and to pick it up instead of have it delivered you have to schedule an appointment, and it could take up to 25 days until you have it set which is more than I`m willing to wait.
If you want to purchase it, let me explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can proceed:
To start the official transaction I need your full name and delivery address, I forward it to MoneyBookers and they will notify you with all the instructions (payment, shipping, my account status etc.). One of their agents will be assigned to receive and handle the payment. You have to transfer the funds to their agent as per their email directions and when the payment is complete, you have to send them the transfers information, they verify it, deposit the purchase amount in their trust account and start the shipping process. You will have a 14-day return policy, so you will have the chance to test and inspect the bike before funds are released. If you decide to keep it, they have the power of attorney so they will transfer the title into your name and release me the funds, if not they will be responsible for the return shipping and you will have a complete refund within 3 days.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks

> Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:52:37 -0700
> From: me
> Subject: RE: r6
> To: jdelmore55@live.com
>
> okay. Well whoever is keeping the bike I would like to pay them and have them put the money into your account. I would also rather pick up the bike i live in georgetown.
>
> Jarred Elmore wrote:
> > Hi,
> > the bike is in great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been dropped or abused in any way. It has a clear title and the price I`m selling it for is $2850, which is including all shippings charges.
> > I live in Charleston but I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be staying here for the next approximately 7 months, anyway I`m using MoneyBookers services so I can sell this bike without difficulty. I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They are supervising the entire process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period, returns (if needed) and refunding.
> > If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
> > I am waiting your email.
> > Thanks Talk to your Yahoo! Friends via Windows Live Messenger. Find Out How

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:53 pm 

I had the same experience: SCAM

Here is part of the emails we traded:
Hi again,
The bike is stored in Cincinnati (at MoneyBookers storage facility). If you want to purchase it, let me explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can proceed:
To start the official transaction, I need your full name and shipping address.
As soon as I receive your info, I will forward it to MoneyBookers, they start the transaction and will notify you with all the instructions (payment, shipping, my account status etc.). One of their agents will be assigned to receive and handle the payment. You have to make the payment using the exact details they will provide you with and when the payment is complete, you have to send them the transfers information, they verify it and will will take care of the delivery. You will have a 14-day return policy, so you will have the chance to test and inspect the bike and decide either you keep it or not. If you decide to keep it, they have the power of attorney so they will transfer the title into your name and release me the funds, if not they will be responsible for the return shipping and you will have a complete refund within 3 days.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks.

Bottom line: SCAM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:41 am 

This must be the same guy with this ad on Craigslist Cincinnati -

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/884033057.html

This is the reply I got to his ad...

Quote:
Hi,
the scooter is still available, it's in great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been laid down or abused in any way. It has a clear title and the price I`m selling it for is $2400, which is including all charges.
I used to live in Cincinnati but I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be moving here permanently within the next few months and I can`t afford the luxury of taking the scooter with me so I decided to let it go.
I`m using a third party company called MoneyBookers LTD. to sell this bike, I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They are supervising the entire sale process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period, returns (if needed) and refunding.
I will be waiting your email.
Thanks

See any similarity??

Thank you all for taking the time to post YOUR experiences. Its still hard to believe that there are people out there that think NOTHING of lying and stealing and sleep with a clean conscience.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:55 pm 

I too had the same thing from craigslist Arlington,TX (today this went down)
sounds like a big time scam...
the email he/she sent me is below
womackrobert31@hotmail.com is the email address they are using!!!!
I asked for more photos and if there are any other offers
the bike is a bmw K1200RS 1998 for 3000.00
AVOID THE NOID!!!!!

Hi,
the bike is still available, it's in great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been laid down or abused in any way. It has a clear title and the price I`m selling it for is $3000, which is including all charges.
I used to live in Arlington but I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be moving here permanently within the next few months and I can`t afford the luxury of taking the bike with me so I decided to let it go.
I`m using a third party company called MoneyBookers LTD. to sell this bike, I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They are supervising the entire sale process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period, returns (if needed) and refunding.
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:34 pm 

I just received this e-mail today. Im so glad I did a little research before making any decisions.

Hi,
the bike is still available, it's in great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been laid down or abused in any way. It has a clear title and the price I`m selling it for is $2800, which is including all charges.
I used to live in Richmond but I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be moving here permanently within the next few months and I can`t afford the luxury of taking the bike with me so I decided to let it go.
Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:46 am 

Hello everyone, this is a quick note from Moneybookers:

Here at Moneybookers, we are actively dedicated to protecting our customers against online fraud and money laundering.

With 9 years experience in the business, we are well aware of the potential pitfalls when shopping online and would encourage you to have a look on our website at the sections on FSA regulation (http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=fsa) and money laundering (http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=laundering), which will show you how we strive to reduce your risk of becoming a victim of online fraud.

Just like your regular high-street bank, we adhere to the Money Laundering Regulations 2007, requiring us to verify the identities of our account holders in order to prevent money laundering. If verification is not completed or unsatisfactory, we might freeze an account until we receive full and correct identification, ensuring you are always protected.

As one of the Europe’s largest payment providers we unfortunately occasionally experience scammers trying to misuse our good name. To alert and educate you about potential scams, and help you identify and avoid them, we have created the following website as a guide to staying safe online:

http://www.moneybookers.com/ads/moneybookers-scam-information/

There will be no further replies from us to this thread, but if you have a specific enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at our London-based headquarters:
http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=contact

At Moneybookers we do all we can to help you stay safe online. But you must also help yourself.
Always make checks before you send money to strangers, and if it sounds too good to be true...it probably is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:21 pm 

For your information - seems to be the same type of scam and maybe the same people...

Brian Shane à moi
afficher les détails 05:09 (Il y a 10 heures)

Thank you for your interest in my car 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4x4 4.0 5-Speed .
The general condition of my car is excellent,very well maintained, no damages and no mechanical problems, the engine runs and sounds awesome, with no cosmetic complaints really worth comment. Counted a few stone chips. The alloys are all presentable and original; the fronts having a few marks, all tires in good condition with plenty life remaining.Both remote keys are present, no electrical issues.I do have the title , clear, under my name. The car has 30,000 miles.The car is in MERRICK, NY and in case it gets sold I will take care of delivery.
Price was reduced to $2,700 (URGENT SALE) as I need to sell this car in two weeks becasue I will leave with my platoon in another mission outside US.I'm US amry member
and now US Army give us the chance to buy some shares at BNSF RAILWAY.Co at half price and for this reason I need a fast transaction.
I'm waiting your reply if you are interested to close the deal with me and I will let you know how we will do this transaction!

Thank You!
SSG Brian Shane King
United States Marine Corps
One team, one fight

And my response to those creep - but is it of any help? Is the police helping? Anyway they must have had good grade in school since they are writing in a better style then the majority of the people who use those tools to sale their stuff...
______________________________________________________________________________________________

I know you're a scam... Shame on you. On top of trying to rob honest people you are using a military identity - this is even worse! I had post your new trick on some web site but I'm sure that after your tractor and now your jeep you won't stop there?

Who ever you are you should reconsider your way of living... We work hard to earn our money and you should do the same...

May God help you!