ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bid Win Global - Philipp Schilter - New Scam - Stolen Goods
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:12 pm 

I received an e mail from these folks. They found me on CareerBuilder.com. This appears to be a stolen goods scam. They claim to be ebay Powersellers - but I could not find the seller name anywhere. They want "Administrative Assistants" to ship and package these items for them - or so they claim. I have forwarded the e mail to Ebay. Has anyone else been approached?

Post subject: Re: Bid Win Global - Philipp Schilter - New Scam - Stolen Goods
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:13 am 
Gold Member

Yeah they are buying this stuff with stolen credit cards and have it shipped to you and you in turn front the shipping and send the merchandise to Africa. They may or may not promise to pay you back for the shipping, but you will never get money. If anything you will get fake checks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:16 am 

I have attached a copy of a note I received from Bid Win Global a few days ago. Beware!

"We have studied your CV on CareerBuilder and we would like to employ you to work with our company as an administrative assistant. Monthly pay of 1200$, is guaranteed for 10-15 hours of work each week. Our main trading specializations involve products sale and resale, as well as auction drop off. The primary target of the company is to guarantee cooperation between sellers and managers, which ensures beneficial deals. Our operation involves maintenance of auction services, which gives anyone and opportunity to sell or buy lots of kinds of goods, using the services of best sellers worldwide. With over 42,000 positive feedback, we are one of the top sellers on eBay. We have maintained a 99+ % of positive feedback constantly for more than eight years. This background makes BidWinGlobal uniquely qualified to market all kinds of collectibles, art, and jewelry on eBay.

REQUIREMENTS:

You have to be:
? 21 years or older
? Capable to quickly respond to all emails coming from your personal manager
? Constantly reachable on the phone during the daytime (providing cell phone number is required)
? Able to accept coming packages right to your home address (not P.O. Box)

You must have:
? Basic Microsoft Office skills
? Access to the internet during the daytime
? A personal cell phone
? A clean record. Be legally trouble-free

BidWinGlobal concludes a contract with each new employee. We will also require a scanned copy of your ID (scanned driver?s license or passport) to confirm your identity. After you sign a contract I will contact you and guide you through the whole process. I will answer all questions you have and will always stay in touch with you via email.

FREEQENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Why auction drop-off?

Auction drop-off is a very convenient service enabling clients to sell their items at the best possible time and price. We offer our clients comprehensive support ? from examining the item and highlighting its advantages to taking professional snapshots of the item. We then complete the listing form and place the item in the right auction category. Our job also involves determining the best time for the start of the auction. We notify our client once the auction starts and when the client scores a sale. During the auction we give advice to buyers, accept payments and return change when necessary. We also take care of wrapping the item and delivering it to the buyer, along with some other things that are instrumental to a perfect sale.

Who sells the items?

In our case, the seller's location is unimportant. Our sellers are everywhere: in Los Angeles, Berlin, Warsaw, Moscow, you name it. Our sellers are experienced professionals with an impressive record of 98% of successful deals. At least 30 of them are qualified to work on Ebay, Qxl, and Amazon online auctions.

Where are the items dropped off?

The items are dropped off on the websites of such major online auctions as Ebay US, Amazon Auctions, Big Deals, Ebay, QXL(UK Auctions), and suchlike.

What items are usually sold?

The most hot selling items are watches, silver and golden wares, collectibles, electronic appliances.

What benefits will I have as an employee of your company?

All our employees have a two-week paid vacation twice a year. You can go on your first vacation after working with the company for three months. As our employee, you will receive a catalog with our items that are available at huge discounts. What's more, we will pay all taxes reported in your tax returns after you send us an invoice at the end of each month.
How much should I invest to start working with you? How will I receive my pay?
You will incur no expenses by starting to work with us. All expenditures that you may incur while performing your job will be covered by the company. During the trial period you will be paid $1,200 per month. After the trial period is over your base salary will go up to $1,500 per month.

What will be my responsibilities as administrative assistant?

Administrative assistants serve as a connecting link between the company and the buyer. This role is extremely important when, for instance, a London-based seller wants to drop off his item on an Australian auction website. Our assistant will make this deal possible. The administrative assistant is involved in finding and storing all relevant sales information in his respective region, and is tasked with receiving and reshipping goods from the seller to the buyer. The assistant will be expected to prepare on-demand daily, weekly and monthly reports and refer incoming and outgoing mail to representatives of the management and sales department.

Will I be directly involved in sales? How will I find out that a deal has been made?

No, you will not be directly involved in the selling process, nor will you be required to sell anything. You will have to receive and reship packages in your sales area and forward all the necessary correspondence to the administration. When a buyer is not satisfied with the item purchased, the only option here is to exchange the item, as no refunds are allowed. In this case the seller and the buyer will settle this matter on their own. Once the item has been sold and the deal closed, you will receive an e-mail with the details if the sold item including : name of the client, the tracking number of the coming package and full details of the product. When the package will be delivered to you, you will have to inform us about it by means of email, after it you will receive paid by our company label, so you will be able to ship the package to the buyer. The name of the client will be sometimes stated on the package as the recipients? name.
NOTE : All invoices have to be removed from the received packages before reshipping them to the client.

For details, e-mail us at: Rache.Thorne@bidwinglobal.com

Sincerely yours,
Rachel Thorne."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:57 am 
Gold Member

This is a scam. If anything accept the merchandise and turn it over to your local PD.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:29 am 

I have been contacted by these people as well, through Career Builder. I have notified Ebay Security about this scam. I have also sent the person who I have been in contact with from this so called company, the link to this discussion to let them know the gigs up. Maybe this will detur them from using this scam on unsuspecting people again. Its a sham, you just cant trust anyone anymore. :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:36 am 
Gold Member

that's great and all but now they will just change their name and keep doing this scam.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:28 am 

Hi.. I got an email from them 3 days ago and another one yesterday.. they are still trading under the same name... but this time the contact is an Oliver Tigmouine [recruiter@bidwinglobals.com]

I couldnt find them on ebay either and they say they operate out of Switzerland.. I got suspicious because there are too many spelling mistakes in the email for it to be legitimate....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:20 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Thanks for posting the new contact name that they are using! This is how we stay on top of them and help spread the word!

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:03 pm 

I received this offer as well, same context worded slightly different from Auction Drop Online, LLC. Does anyone know, without speculation, how this scam works? It sounds to good to be true, but I can not find information supporting how it operates. I emailed this link to the person who sent me the offer allan.pellatier@gmail.com, but I doubt I will hear his rebuttal. They have what looks like a legit website auctiondroponline.com claiming they are in Sweden, with a lot of grammar mistakes. I tried the phone number posted and did not receive an answer. I asked specifically "I do not forward on payment until the funds I receive have cleared" and he responded yes. I'm sure this is a scam, but I'm wondering how it works.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:30 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

fjredding wrote:
Does anyone know, without speculation, how this scam works?

Many times with scams like this they will "hire" you to be the shipping or accounting clerk, then they will send you things to forward on to others . . . you become the middle man to cover their trail.

Or, they may send you checks that they tell you need to be cashed, and then instruct you to wire the money on to someone else. Once the bank finds out the check is counterfeit, they come after YOU for the money.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch