ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Abusive Pure "Business" Trust Scams - Any other vi
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:54 pm 

I just learned that the "trusts" set up by a lawyer and her husband for my husband and me several years ago are "scams" - or illegal! Now we have the IRS totally all over us (and they are NOT nice!) and have had to hire attorneys to help us sort out this mess.

I'm so depressed and feel totally used and stupid. I feel like a victim that the IRS wants to fry further.

I understand the need to straighten things out tax-wise, but they are so mean and so threatening and don't seem to care at all that we've been victimized or what we've been through. It's like they are on a witch hunt.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has had to deal with this and what they did. I don't expect miracles, just hoping there might be a resource out there for some understanding and advocacy for victims of abusive trust scams.

I've got three children, one with autism, and I'm fearful about what's going to happen to my family. What happens when (not if) the IRS says we owe some huge amount? There's no way we could pay it all at once. I feel like my next decade is doomed to digging ourselves out of this hole an ATTORNEY, whom we thought was truthful, led is into! About three years after our trusts were set up, she relinquished her law licence, we just found out.

Any advice, thoughts, knowledge regarding this situation out there??
Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:42 am 

First of all got immediately to the State Bar Association where that attorney practices law, place a big fraud complaint against him/her there. Tell them that because of the actions of this attorney your family is now in danger due to the IRS coming down on you. You want to speak with an investigator about this asap.

You may try to go to the FBI to see if they can help any. Tell them you have been defrauded by an attorney that ought to get them fired up a bit, they dont like attorneys, attorneys usually symbolize a hellish time in court with them LOL

Can you tell us more of what this scam was all about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:00 pm 

I tried to post a reply earlier, but it didn't show up. Let's see if this one works...

The attorneys my husband and I retained this week spoke about a fund that all the lawyers in the state pay into to help pay for things when a lawyer screws up/lies/is fraudulant. I think they are going to look into seeing if we can get lawyer's fees, and IRS fines/interest paid out of the fund, but I'm not counting on it. Nothing ever seems to work out like that...

The attorney who defrauded us gave up her licence in 2002. Since we have lawyers now working for us, do you think I still need to contact the State Bar or FBI? Or is that my lawyer's job?

You can find out about the trust scam by doing a Google search on "Tony S Dutson" or "Micaela R Dutson". There will be some press releases and other sites that can lead you to the link that has their D.O.J. (? I think) indictment. It pretty much spells it out and is not difficult to read (unlike other "legal" things I've come across...)

I really, really appreciate your response to my inquiry. It seems no one else has ever gone through this (but that can't be!) or they just don't want to comment, or whatever. It's an incredibly lonely and scary place to be a "victim" that no one wants to hear or acknowledge.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:33 pm 

If the atty has no longer a license to practice I dont know what the bar association can do. However I would go to the FBI and see what help I could round up there. FRAUD is FRAUD and it all needs proper attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:59 am 
:!:

Post subject: tax scams
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:51 pm 
Tony and Miciala Dutson have used and abused our government and anyone else they could talk into buying their tax scam . I hope people affected will tell others, in an effort to stop this abuse . In the mean time the wheels of justice turn slowly but they do turn . TammyS5656@aol.com