ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Rental scam
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:25 pm 

We were taken for 675 dollars via Western Union.

Here is the letter we received:

Thanks for your email and it is my gladness to hearing from you.I am
Rev Juan,the owner of the house you are making enquiry
of.Actually I resided in the house with my family,such as my wife and
my only daugther before and resently we had packed due to my transfer
from my working place and now situated in Newjersey USA,and
presently my house is still available for rent for 450US DOLLAR per month
including the utilities like hydro,washer and security,it is
urnised.Moreso Now, i went for a Crusade in the West Africa and i will
like you to get in touch with my wife for more discussion
as She is with the keys and the document to the house.Pls i want you
to note that,i am a kind and honest man and also i spent alot on my
property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your
absolute mentenance of this house and want you to treat it as your
own,is that taken,it is not the money the main problem but want you to
keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i
came for a check up.i do that once in a while.I also want you to let
me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.Where are you
located and where do you see our advert.
Email my wife silvia on (silviadiaz980@gmail.com) she will
attends to you better.
God bless you
Rev Juan

The two email addresses we interacted with were juanecastellon980@gmail.com and silviadiaz980@gmail.com

The phone numbers for "Reverend Juan" are 0112348029096883 or +2348029096883

We have spoken to him on the phone and we have copies of fake passports they sent us. They claim to be from Spain.

Attachments:
File comment: apartment photo
BL 3.jpg
BL 3.jpg [ 7.29 KiB | Viewed 31876 times ]
File comment: S. Fernandez passport
Passport_SFernandez.jpg
Passport_SFernandez.jpg [ 54.07 KiB | Viewed 31896 times ]
File comment: Rev Juan's passport
Passport_JGCastellon.jpg
Passport_JGCastellon.jpg [ 40.31 KiB | Viewed 31896 times ]

Last edited by kjf330 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:02 pm 

Confirmation:

We spoke with Juan online and he told us he stole our money and he hopes we die. Nice.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:45 am 

We were very close to being scammed on this one as well! I am so glad that someone took the time and effort to post this scam here! I have attached a picture of Ellyse's DL and below is a copy of the rental agreement that we received. WATCH OUT FOR THIS ONE!

RENTAL AGREEMENT
Apartment Owner Present Name & Address: (Ellyse P.C Hewitt) 22 Ministers Lane, Victoria Garden city, Lagos, 23401 Nigeria – Phone: +234 702-770-1451, Fax: 206-202-7680.

New Tenant Present Name & Address:

THIS AGREEMENT made this 12th day of November 2008, by and between Ellyse C. Hewitt, herein called "Apartment Owner," and _____________ herein called "Tenant." Apartment Owner hereby agrees to rent to Tenants the apartment located in Kamloops, BC described as Studio Apartment #017 at 481 Greenstone Drive, Kamloops, British Columbia, V2C 1N8 Canada Commencing on the 1stday of December 2008 and monthly thereafter until the 1st day of March 2009, at which time this agreement is terminated or renewed after a 4 (Four) Months period. Apartment owner rents the apartment to Tenants on the following terms and conditions:

1. Rent
The tenant ___________ agrees to pay Apartment owner as base rent the sum of $700.00 CAN per month, due and payable before the 5th day of every month during the term of this agreement.

2. Payment of Rent Deposit
The new tenant ___________agrees that the first 2 (Two) Months rent deposit of $1400.00 CAN will be paid by Western Union. Time is of the essence and no excuses will be accepted. Rent deposit shall be made payable to apartment owner Ellyse C. Hewitt. Any rents paid by check, swift transfer or bank and lost in the mail will be treated as if unpaid until received by the apartment owner.

3. Appliances
The house is rented with the following appliances: Refrigerator, Heater, Laundry, Microwave Oven, and Dishwasher. Other appliances are included in the rental property that is the sole responsibility of the tenant to keep safe for the rent period. The apartment owner will not be responsible for the upkeep of these appliances and does not warrant the condition of these appliances. The above rental payment specifically includes all appliances to be used accordingly by the new tenant. Such appliances as are in the property are there solely at the convenience of the tenant, who assumes all responsibility for their operation. Any personal property remaining on the Premises may be used by the Tenant, however the Tenant assumes sole responsibility to keep said property in working and operating condition, and agrees to return the property to the apartment owner at the termination of this Lease Agreement in the same or better condition, reasonable wear excepted.

4. Use
The Tenant agrees to use the premises only as a residence for self, and those persons identified below.
Responsible families members, Responsible friends, responsible business associates, By no means may Tenant allow any additional persons to occupy premise beyond limited time proposed by the law. Tenant agrees to assume all responsibility for actions taken by any person entering the property. Apartment owner will hold Tenant solely responsible for all damages to property or for violations against this rental agreement.

5. Pets
Only vaccinated and trained Pets shall be brought onto the apartment. No illegal pets will be brought into the apartment without the express written permission of the apartment owner. If any sick or untrained pets has been in the Premises at any time during the Tenant's occupancy (with or without the apartment owner's consent), a charge may be made for de-fleaing, deodorizing, shampooing or damages occasioned by the pet. Any animals on the property not registered under this Rental Agreement will be presumed to be strays and will be disposed of according to law, at the option of the apartment owner.

6. Non-assignment of Rental Agreement
Resident agrees not to assign this agreement, nor to Sub-let any part of the property, nor to allow any other person to live therein without first requesting permission from the Owner and paying the appropriate surcharge. Further, that covenants contained in this Rental Agreement, once breached, cannot afterward be performed; and that unlawful detainer proceedings may be commenced.

7. Legal Obligations
Tenant hereby acknowledges that he/she has a legal obligation to pay the rent on time each and every month regardless of any other debts or responsibilities he/she may have. Tenant agrees that they will be fully liable for any back rent owed. They also acknowledge that defaulting on this Rental Agreement could result in a judgment being filed against them and a lien being filed against their current and future assets and/or earnings.

8. Attorney's Cost
If court action is sought by either party to enforce the provisions of the Rental agreement, attorney's fees and costs may be awarded to the prevailing party in the court action. The location for any appropriate jurisdictional interference in effect will be Kamloops.

9. Repair policy
The Tenant shall use customary diligence in care of the apartment/Premises. The Tenant is encouraged to treat this as his/her home. Any and all repairs made at the direction of the Tenant shall be done by a competent professional or by the Tenant providing that the Tenant is capable and qualified to make said repairs. All repairs shall be done in compliance with all applicable codes and regulations of the city of Kamloops. Any repair that is estimated to cost more than $50 must receive permission of the apartment owner prior to being made. Under no circumstances will apartment owner be responsible for any improvements or repairs costing bellow $50 unless the Tenant is given written authorization to make repairs or improvements in advance. The Tenant acknowledges responsibility for any damages caused by he/her negligence and that of their guests or invitees.

10. Occupancy
Tenant to Maintain dwelling unit as follows:

1. Comply with all obligations primarily imposed upon tenant by applicable provisions of building codes materially affecting health and safety.
2. Keep that part of the premises that he/she occupies and uses as clean and safe as the condition of the premises permit.
3. Dispose from his/her dwelling unit all rubbish, garbage, and other waste in a clean and safe manner.
4. Keep all plumbing fixtures in a dwelling unit or used by the tenant as clean as its condition permits.
5. Use in a reasonable manner all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, and other facilities and appliances in the premises.
6. Not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface damage, impair, or remove any part of the premises or knowingly permit any person to do so.
7. Conduct him/her self and require other persons on the premises with his/her consent to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb his/her neighbor's peaceful enjoyment of the premises.

Resident warrants that he/she will meet above conditions in every respect, and acknowledges that failure to perform the obligations herein stipulated will be considered grounds for termination of this agreement and a refund of any or all deposits.

11. Cleaning Fee
Tenant hereby agrees to accept the property in its present state of cleanliness. He/she agree to return the property in the same condition or better, or pay a minimum $150 cleaning fee to cover apartment owner costs for having the property professionally cleaned. If the apartment owner notifies Tenant to clean up the property at any time, and the Tenant neglects to do so, the apartment owner will charge the Tenant a minimum $200 cleaning fee.

12. Plumbing and Electricity
Tenant agree not to put or pour any debris, grease, paper towels, Q-tips, tampons, newspaper, food, or any other matter in the sink drain or toilets. Tenant agrees to pay the ENTIRE AMOUNT on bills for all sewer-cleaning services resulting from clogged pipes/sewer back up.

Tenant must not overload electrical circuits. Only two electrical operated items may be plugged in any electrical receptacle.

13. Tenant Cooperation
Tenant agrees to cooperate with Owner/agent in showing property to prospective tenant, prior to termination of occupancy.

14. Removal of Apartment Owner’s Property
If anyone removes any property belonging to apartment owner without the express written consent of apartment owner, this will constitute abandonment and surrender of the premises by Tenant and termination by them of this Rental Agreement. Apartment owner may also take further legal action.

15. Lock Policy
No additional locks will be installed on any door without the written permission of apartment owner. Apartment owner will be given duplicate keys for all locks so installed at the Tenant's expense, before they are installed.

16. Condition of Premises
If there is anything about the condition of the property that is not good, the tenant agree to report it to apartment owner within 3 days of taking possession of the property. They agree that failure to file any written notice of defects will be legally binding proof that the property is in good condition at the time of occupancy.

17. Inventories and Inspection Record
Apartment owner warrants and guaranty that all major systems will be functional and in good repair at time of possession. Light switches, wall plugs, doors, windows, faucets, drains, locks, toilets, sinks, heater, etc., will be in working order once Tenant have completely moved into the apartment. Tenant is encouraged to report any necessary repairs, no matter how slight, in writing, but they are hereby advised the apartment owner does not normally repair or replace nonfunctional items such as paint, carpets, etc., every time a property changes possession. Those items are scheduled for repair/replacement at regular intervals regardless of tenant turnover.

18. Tenant Responsibility
Good housekeeping is expected of everyone. Tenant agrees to keep quarters clean and in sanitary condition. The Tenant agrees not to permit any deterioration or destruction to occur while he/she is occupying the property. Tenant agrees to maintain the walls, woodwork, floors, furnishings, fixtures and appliances, windows, screens, doors, fences, plumbing, air-conditioning and heating, electrical and mechanical systems as well as the general structure and appearance of the property. Tenant agrees to follow all apartment owner instructions, especially where posted.

19. Alterations
Tenant can make alterations, decorations, additions or improvements in or to the apartment but only after the apartment owner prior written consent, and then only by contractors or mechanics approved by apartment owner. All alterations, additions, or improvements upon the premises, made by either party, shall become the property of apartment owner and shall remain upon, and be surrendered with said premises, as a part thereof, at the end of the term hereof.

The Tenant specifically agree that no tacks, nails, screws, etc., will be driven into the walls, nor will they be marred or torn by glue or tape. The apartment owner will be responsible for and pay any damage done by a major rain, wind, hail, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc., if this damage is caused by leaving windows open, allowing stoppage and/or overflow or water and/or sewage pipes, broken windows or doors, torn screens, broken door and window locks, etc the tenant will be responsible for the damages.

20. Vehicle Policy
The Tenant agrees never to park or store a motor home in the premises, camper, trailer, boat, or any sort of recreational vehicle on the premises and to park only automobiles only in the car park provided. Junk cars, cars on blocks, non-functional vehicles, or unlicensed automobiles are not permitted on property. Removal will be at the expense of the Tenant. Tenant agrees that any vehicle parked on unpaved areas may be towed and stored at Tenant expense. Tenant agrees to pay for any fines resulting from a summons issued to apartment owner resulting from improper parking. Tenant will be charged a ($250) court charge along with the cost of all other fines, if the apartment owner is required to go to court.

The Tenant must follow rules and laws of the city of Kamloops Parking Department concerning parking. Tenant must obtain all necessary parking permits and information for him/herself and guests. Apartment owner is not responsible for tenant’s parking needs. Off street parking is not provided by apartment owner, unless otherwise noted in this agreement.

21. Utilities
Apartment owner agrees and accepts that all utility bills including Water, Phone, Internet, Gas, Cable TV, and Electricity will be the responsibility of the apartment owner and not the tenant. The monthly rent of $700.00 will cover the bills for all utilities as stated herein.

22. Validity of Lease Provisions
Any provision set forth in this Rental Agreement which is contrary to the city/state Residential apartment owner and Tenant laws shall be treated by apartment owner and Tenant as void and as if it were not set forth herein, but all other provision of the Rental Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.

23. Phone
The tenant agrees to get a phone installed in the premises as soon as possible or provide a working contact phone number. Apartment owner will be given the phone number within two working days of installation and will be notified within two working days of any future charges and changes in the phone number. Tenant can as well provide apartment owner with present phone if usable at the residence.

24. Access to Premises
The Apartment owner reserves the right to enter the residence at reasonable times to inspect, make necessary repairs, supply services or show it to prospective residents, purchasers, mortgages, workmen, or contractors. Whenever practicable, a 24 hour notice of the Owner's intent to enter shall be given to the Resident. The Owner may also display "for rent" and "for sale" signs on the building of which the rented residence is a part.

25. Pest-Control Policy
Resident is responsible for any ongoing pest control service, if the Resident desires such a service. Owner is not responsible for any damage done to the Resident's person, or property by such pests, or to the person or property of Resident's family or any other persons on the premises.

26. City or State/Province Violations
Tenant is responsible for paying violation fees issued against the house by the city of Kamloops for non-compliance to city, or state laws. If the apartment owner is required to appear in court, tenant shall pay an additional $250 fee to compensate apartment owner for his time.

27. Waiver
All rights given to apartment owner by this agreement shall be cumulative in addition to any laws that exist or might come into being. Any exercise of any rights by apartment owner or failure to exercise any rights shall not act as a waiver of those or any other rights. No statement or promise by apartment owner, its agents or employees, as to tenancy, repairs, amount of rent to be paid, or other terms and conditions shall be binding unless it is put in writing and made a specific part of this agreement.

28. Legal Binding
Tenant hereby states that he/she have the legal rights to sign for any and all other residents and to commit them to abide by this contract.

29. Terms
In this agreement the singular number where used will include the plural, the masculine gender will include the feminine, the term Owner will include, Apartment owner, Landlord, Leaser; and the term Resident will include Tenant, Lessee.

30. Full Disclosure
The Tenant signing this Rental Contract hereby state that all questions about this Rental Agreement have been answered, that he/she fully understand all the provisions of the agreement and the obligations and responsibilities of each party, as spelled out herein. The tenant further states that he/she agree to fulfill their obligations in every respect or suffer the full legal and financial consequences of their actions or lack of action in violation of this agreement. Signature by the Tenant on this Rental Agreement is acknowledgment and he/she has received a signed copy of the Rental Agreement.

_____________________________ ____________________________
Ellyse P.C Hewitt Apartment Owner Tenants

Attachments:
Ellyse id.jpg
Ellyse id.jpg [ 40.86 KiB | Viewed 31860 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:50 am 

Hi guys!
Thanks to all of you, I became aware of this scam. Keep up the good work!
I was looking for an apartment for a friend of mine and came upon this reply from a source in craglists Singapore.
"Thanks for the email.We own the house and also want you to know
that it was due to my transfer to (West Africa, Nigeria)
that makes us to leave the house and also want to give it
out for rent and looking for a responsible person and God
fearing person who can take very good care of the house in
my absence.we are not after the money for the rent but want
it to be clean all the time and the person that will rent it
to take it as if it were its own.So for now, I am here in
West Africa and will be staying here for the next 3years in
our new house and also with the keys of the house for rent,
we tryto look for an agent that we can give this documents
and the keys before we left but could not find, and we as
well do not want our house to be used anyhow in our absence
that is why we took it along with us. I and my wife cameover
to Africa for a missionary work,
so i hope you will promise us that youwill take very
good care of the house. So get back to me if you know you
could take care of our house or perhaps experience youhave
in renting home. Hope you are okay with the price per month
and thesecurity Deposit is $500.Get back to me for the
rental application.You cango and view. so i will like
you to give me a call with this number
pets allowed"

Please be aware. Good thing, we have sites like this that says it all...There is strength in numbers. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:39 am 

Here is a blog that I recieved after an enquiry to a rental apartment:

Thanks for your email and it is my gladness to hearing from you.I am
Rev Donald,the owner of the house you are making enquiry
of.Actually I resided in the house with my family,such as my wife and
my only daugther before and resently we had packed due to my transfer
from my working place and now situated in Teaxas USA,and
presently my house is still available for rent for $150 per week
including the utilities like hydro,washer and security,it is
urnised.Moreso Now, i went for a Crusade in the West Africa and i will
like you to get in touch with my wife for more discussion
as She is with the keys and the document to the house.Pls i want you
to note that,i am a kind and honest man and also i spent alot on my
property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your
absolute mentenance of this house and want you to treat it as your
own,is that taken,it is not the money the main problem but want you to
keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i
came for a check up.i do that once in a while.I also want you to let
me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.Where are you
located and where do you see our advert..
Email my wife Joy on (joymackenson76@gmail.com) she will
attends to you better.
God bless you

Rev Donald

----

Sent an email back, seemed waaay too good to be true, but i figured i might check it out anyway. As soon as i sent an email back after completing their ' application form' I recieved one back, unbeknownst to me. 10 minutes later i get a call from a private number, who stated he was the reverend above and would like to speak with me. Anyway, he asks me to call back on this number. I dont have his number, so I get it from the email. I google it, and my search results detail the number used for scams!!!!

So the phone keeps ringing, I dont answer and suddenly the phone rings with a number 0290370000, which I also check

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx ... cAjLOSeomw

where a bunch of people have had mixed responses. Apparently you need a pincode and it costs heaps of dollars. What a joke, they have even given me the address I checked it and its for rent with a real estate agent at $825/wk!!!! The photos are completely different. I sent an email asking if i could have a look inside, but they said i would have to make an upfront payment? Definetely a scam, be careful and always check numbers and addresses!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:36 am 

Hello I got the same scam.
I live in Montreal! Im lucky that i googled the number to get on this blog!

Here is what he sent me :
We are so much excited. My name is Gary Bernad the owner of the apartment and also want you to know that it was due to my transfer that makes me and my wife and little daughter to leave the apartment and also want to give it out for rent and looking for a responsible person that can take very good care of it while we are not at the state as we are not after the money for the rent but want it to be clean at the time and the person that will rent it to take it as if it were its own. So for now, we are here in West Africa, our new house and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the apartment for, since i am not residing there for now. I left behind some Facilities and electonics which include the rent, DVD player, air conditioning, alarm system. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils, refrigerator-freezer, four-hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine, my computer connected with Internet access also the keys and document of the apartment are right here with us in West Africa, and the lease document. Which i can send to you after all necessary agreement has been accepted. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue, hope you are okay with the price of $600 per month including utilities like water, gas, heat laundry facilities, air condition and so on, but your absolute maintenance of my apartment is most important thing, if you are really interested in renting this apartment get back to me so that i can forward you an application form for you to fill so that i can start all necesary arrangement asap. Here is the apartment address : 3654 boulevard saint laurent , Montreal , h2x2v4 ..... Pls note that you will be viewing the apartment from outside and won't be able to inspect because the keys and document to the apartment are with me here in africa and. It is located on a cool, quiet and safe neighbourhood

***************RENT APPLICATION FORM***************
***************PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL***************
1) Your Full Name.
2) Your Full Address
3)Phone Number
4) Citizen or Country ?
5) How old are you ?
6) Are you married ?
7) gender ?
8) How many people will be living in the apartment?
9) Do you have a pet ?
10) Do you have a car ?
11) What is your Occupation ?
12) Short or Long Term Lease ?
13) When do you intend moving in : Date ?
14) When do you inted to moving out : Date ?
15) Deposit : One or Two month Deposit are required
16) Occupant Picture
17) Reference Details
Landing 22'1" x 5'10" ( 6.73m x 1.78m )
Reception room 17'0" x 16'0" ( 5.18m x 4.88m )
Kitchen 13'0" x 11'0" ( 3.96m x 3.35m )
Bathroom 6'10" x 5'10" ( 2.08m x 1.78m )
Guest WC 5'0" x 2'10" ( 1.52m x 0.86m )
I personally will actually come visiting you sometimes during the year as our new tenant. Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issueing the receipt for you and contacting you. I can be reach anytime at +2348029096883 or 0112348029096883. Awaiting your reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys of the apartment to you.
Thanks and God bless
Regards

be careful guys!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:19 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

All victims of this scam that sent the money via Western Union
contact them at at 1-800-325-6000.

Forward any suspicious emails to spoof@westernunion.com

Other Contacts Colorado Customers:

Entities other than FDIC insured financial institutions that conduct money transmission activities in Colorado, including the sale of money orders, transfer of funds, and other instruments for the payment of money or credit are required to be licensed by the Colorado Division of Banking pursuant to the Money Transmitters Act, Title 12, Article 52, Colorado Revised Statutes. If there are questions or concerns regarding a transaction with a licensee, please contact the Colorado Division of Banking at 303-894-7575 or by mail at:

Colorado Division of Banking
1560 Broadway, Suite 975
Denver, Colorado 80202

Consumer complaints should be in writing, providing as much detail as possible. Please include the following information:

The name of the institution and the name of any person(s) at the institution with whom the complainant has had contact. Include telephone number(s) and addresses.

A complete description of the complaint and any efforts that have been made to resolve the complaint directly with the institution.

Copies of any available documentation supporting the complaint and efforts toward resolution.

Any suggestions regarding a preferred resolution of the complaint.

Maryland Customers:

The Commissioner of Financial Regulation for the State of Maryland will accept all questions or complaints from Maryland residents regarding Western Union Financial Services, Inc. at Commissioner of Financial Regulation, Attention Complaint Unit, 500 North Calvert Street, Suite 402, Baltimore, Maryland 21202, phone 1-888-784-0136.

Texas Customers:
After first contacting Western Union Financial Services, Inc., if you still have an unresolved complaint regarding the company's money transmission or currency exchange activity, please direct your complaint to the Texas Department of Banking:

In Person or U.S. Mail: Texas Department of Banking, 2601 North Lamar Boulevard, Suite 300, Austin, TX 78705-4294

Telephone Number: 1-877-276-5554 (toll free)
Fax Number: 512-475-1313
E-mail Address: consumer.complaints@banking.state.tx.us
Website Address: http://www.banking.state.tx.us

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Re: Rental scam... now in Berlin
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:37 pm 

Thanks to Scam Victims United... I found an ad on Craigslist (first and now last time I will ever go to that site)

I got a bit excited because the flat offered was so near to the place I will be working in Berlin... I jumped on it... But after I sent my info, my rationale kicked in... air conditioning in Germany??? SO... I googled and found this forum. They have my address, photo, and info but they don't have my money. I wrote them back and told them to disregard my prior message because I accepted a different offer... in the hopes they will just delete my message... fingers crossed...

Craigslist... May 30 - EUR450 / 2br - Well Furnished 2 Bedrooms Apartment For Rent - (Berlin/district of Mitte) pic.

Here's the email I got when I sent a message indicating interest.

Hello,

Thanks for the email and it is my gladness to hear from you.I am James Buckner,the owner of the Flat you are making enquiry of.Actually I resided in the home with my family and presently we had moved out due to my transfer from my work and now situated in West Africa.I and my family will be away for 2 years.And presently my Unit is still available for rent for EUR450/Month including the utilities like Water,Garbage Disposal. It includes utilities heat, hydro, cable, fridge,Washing machine: Refrigerator: Juice Machine : Iron : Toaster: Oven : Dishwasher : Coffee Maker : Microwave : Refrigerator: Stove: Air Conditioning: Free Internet Connectivity, DVD and so on.It is very much available with parking space for one car.It is for a long term because i will be away for 3 years and i need someone that would be capable of taking good care of it for me.

I want you to know that it is available now for immediate move-in because am either looking for an immediate occupant or otherwise..You can go ahead and check the place but you wount be able to see the inside because i locked it before living for west africa.Everything is new, just renovated & redecorated. All furniture is new and stylish. Wireless internet throughout the house.

Pls i want you to note that, i am a kind and honest man and also i spent alot in my Flat that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of my Unit and want you to treat it as your own,is that taken,It is not the money the main problem but i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.i do that once in a while.I also want you to let me have 'Trust' in you as i always stand on my word.

My Computer is Connected with Internet Access Also the keys to the House are right here with me, and the lease document. Which i can send to you after all necessary agreement has be accepted. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue ,but your absolute maintenance of my apartment is most important thing so will want you to get back to me with the Application form below.

Price: EUR450/Month
Security Deposit:EUR450
Total Fees To Move-in:EUR900

LOCATION & AREA
In the gallery/culture district of Mitte, in East Berlin - the completely renewed heart of the city - close to Hackesher Markt and Oranienburger Tor. Short walk to Museum Island, the Reichstag, the Brandenburg Gate, the Tiergarten and on the same block as Berthold Brecht's house. U-Bahn (subway) and tram/bus on your doorstep. Perfect.

Address: 4 27B Reinhardt Strasse, Berlin 10117, Germany

Nearest Metro / Subway: Oranienburger Tor - 20 Meters
Nearest Bus / Tramway: Torstrasse - 15 Meters
Nearest Airport: Tegel/Schönfeld - 20 Kilometers

Accommodation located in city, leisure area, business district, old town, downtown, waterfront, near historical interest, near biking trails, near walking trails, near tennis courts, near water sports, near golf course, reichstag, tiergarten hackescher markt, near cultural interest, near restaurants & bars, near shopping area !

Questionnaire
**********APPLICATION FORM**********
Full Name: ?
Full Address: & phone number: ?
How old are you: ?
Are you married : ?
How many people will be living ?
Do you have Pets: ?
Do you have a car: ?
Religion: ?
Move-in Date: ?
First Month Rent And Security Deposit For Move-in Agree/Decline ?

State Zip code ?
Your Picture:
Move-Out Date: ?
?
Comments: Will you assure us that the apartment will be very good taking by you ?

You Can Contact me via my mobile phone number Further information:
+2348032350504 OR 0112348032350504
You have to fill these application form and get it submit today as soon as possible.

I want you to note that you wont be able to view the inside of the apartment but you can drive pass and view from the outside.That is why i gave you the flat address.

Thanks and God Bless you.
James Buckner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:13 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Quote:
Thanks to Scam Victims United... I found an ad on Craigslist (first and now last time I will ever go to that site)

I am glad that we could help!

I have had a couple of other people mention that they may write to CL and encourage them to post a link to our site in the area where they have info on these scams.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:34 pm 

Thank god I found this site.
Thanks to you, I avoided becoming a victim of this scam. I'm a UK citizen looking to move to the US with 3 friends and we were looking at rented places.I didn't feel suspicious at first because the price was pretty much the same as the others being rented in the area. The only thing that threw up a red flag to me was the fact he was out of the county doing some volunteer work. So I set about trying to find out about the guy and then came across this. Thank you so much. You saved me a lot of money
Here is the email I received.

Hello Dear,

Sorry for the late response!!!!It is a great pleasure that you are interested in my house... Thanks for your email and it is my gladness hearing from you.I own the house you are making inquiry of I am looking for responsible tenants that he/she is going to take care of the house as if it were your own and he/she will be willing to make the Property clean as we left it.But i am now presently in (West Africa Nigeria) for my Hospitals Project prayer crusade with my wife,daughter and we have the keys right here with us. I will like to inform you that it was due to my transfer that makes us to leave the house and won't be coming to the House until Four years now and that means we are renting the Property for long term and short term lease is also acceptable. and presently my house is still available for rent for $1000 which the deposit is $1000 dollars including the utilities like Heat, A/C in wall/window, Hydro, cable, Garbage Disposal, Fireplace , Fridge, stove, Dishwasher, Dryer, Breakfast Bar, Dining Table and Sofa Set,Refrigerator,Canopied deck overlooking nature.,internet access e..t.c .,it is furnished or if u wish to move in with your furniture no problem..More so Now, i went for a Crusade in West Africa.

Please i want you to note that,i am a kind and honest man and also i spent a lot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own,and money is not the main problem but want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i come for a check up.i do that once in a while...I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.I believe its absolutely a perfect home for you and your family.Hope you are okay with the monthly price of $1000 and the refundable security deposit of $1000. I am looking forward to hear from you ASAP, below is the application form for you to fill and discuss on how to get the house for rent..

Kindly confirm your interest by filling the form below:

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF?

FULL NAME__________________________________________________ HOME PHONE ( )________________________
CELL PHONE( )____________________________________
DATE OF BIRTH_________________________________
OTHER PHONE ( )___________________
CURRENT ADDRESS_______________________________APT#________ CITY__________________ STATE______ ZIP________
REASONS FOR LEAVING?____________________________RENT $__________PHONE ( )____________________________
ARE YOU MARRIED____________________________
HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE LIVING IN THE HOUSE____________________________
DO YOU HAVE PETS____________________________
DO YOU HAVE CARS____________________________
OCCUPATION____________________________
IF THE HOUSE IS BEEN GIVEN TO YOU,HOW LONG WOULD YOU LIKE TO STAY______________________________
MOVE IN DATE____________________________
HOW SOON CAN YOU HAVE THE DEPOSIT PAYMENT SENT TO ME___________________________
HOW SOON DO YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS OF THE HOUSE___________________________
You could give me a call as soon as possible so we could proceed asap..

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that,we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this.This extraordinary Bedrooms:4 Bath:3

PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR RENT ONLY STARTS COUNTING AFTER YOU HAVE FINALLY MOVED INTO THE HOUSE, SO YOU NEED NOT TO WORRY ABOUT MAKING THE DEPOSIT PAYMENT NOW AND NOT MOVING IN IMMEDIATELY,ALL YOU'RE DOING IS SECURING THE HOUSE IN YOUR FAVOR IN ORDER NOT TO LOOSE IT TO OTHER INTERESTED APPLICANTS..I ALSO WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT THE HOUSE WAS FORMALLY FOR SALE BUT DUE TO THE ADVICE OF MY WIFE AND MY CHILDREN,I DECIDED TO PUT IT OUT FOR RENT.THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT THE FOR SALE SIGN.IT WILL BE REMOVED AS SOON AS YOU HAVE MOVE IN TO THE HOUSE.

PROPERTY DESCRIPTION
. WELCOME HOME! .Call Today! .Don't miss this home ! !!Call today this home will not last!pets are welcome. You’ll love living here! Great location.

Bedrooms:4 Bedrooms

Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms

Approximately 2169 Square Feet

Parking 3 dedicated

A month rent:$1000

Deposit:$1000

Application fee:$0

Pet policy:OK

Smoking inside:Not allowed

YOU CAN CONTACT ME ON +2348025305449 OR 0112348025305449

Thanks and remain blessed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:09 am 

if this arrangement is okay by you, I will need your full name phone number and address so as to prepare the money order. I will also like to know the nearest airport to my house.I will also like to know if you will be available to come pick me up at the airport and show me around or if I should make alternative arrangement.