There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Is This A Scam?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:19 pm 

Dear Judy,

I am Captain Simon Smith of the US Marine Corps on Monitoring and Peace –keeping mission in Baghdad-Iraq. On the 28th day of August 2007, we were alerted on the sudden presence of some Terrorists camping in a suburb not too far from Karbala here in Iraq . After Immediate intervention, we captured three (3) of the Terrorists, twenty-six (26) were killed leaving seven (7) injured.

In the process of Investigation they confessed being rebels for late Ayman al-Zawahiri and took us to a cave in Karbala which served as their camp. Here we recovered several guns, bombs and other Ammunitions including a box contains some American US Dollars amounting $11.4M after counted it. please

I want you to keep this in high secrecy. I am in keen need of a “Reliable and Trustworthy” person like you who would receive, secure and protect these box containing the American US Dollars for me on till my assignment elapses here in Iraq.Please contact me on this email only: Please assure me of your keeping this topmost secret to protect my job with the US Monitoring and Peace-Keeping mission.

Best regards,

Capt.Simon Smith.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell. DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...
Previous | Next | Back to Messages Save Message Text | Full Headers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:06 pm 

Yes it is a scam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:58 am 
Gold Member

wow how sad is it that they are trying to use US soldiers and that sympothy against us. It's just wrong.

Post subject: Definitely A scam.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:46 pm 

1) Captain Smith doesn't seem to speak English too well.Rather, he tends to lose his correct grammar towards the end, as if an accent suddenly came on....
2) He doesn't seem to spell too well either.
3) If Captain Smith was his real name, why would he post it online or here to get caught? Maybe he's a bored teen looking for free publicity??
4) How can you look after his find, when you're in the States,or wherever, and he's in a cave in Iraq?
5) If there are others that were with him in the cave,US Soldiers or peacekeepers,then they'd know of the 'secret.' Greed gets to men who have found a great horde.No can keep their tongue quiet for long.Especially if double crossed.Greed leads to one man wanting all, then murder and deceit.One would be wondering if the other would shoot off his mouth, if they got the horde back to the states,and were living it up.All devious actions/secrets get revealed in time...

SCAM SCAM SCAM.All over scam...