ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: www.jqbank.com is a scam!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:48 pm 

Last week I received a check in the mail for $4,975. The letter stated that they had found me a "grant" It said to deposit/cash check, load $3,500 onto a greendot moneypak card, then go to their website to submit commission payment. After they received payment they would overnight the second larger check. First of all, I didn't think anything of the "grant" because I have applied for grants online. Secondly, the check was drawn on a Wells Fargo account. I called Wells Fargo to verify account. The rep. verified the account was an open active account and that the funds were available. So, I deposit the check into our account. I do everything the letter states to do. Thursday, I started felling iffy about the situation and started looking online. Finding out this is a scam. Friday, I check our account balance. Negative $4,500. I call the bank to let them know what is going on. Rep, informs me that they were going to call because they thought the check was suspicious. I asked her if they thought it was suspicious why did they not put a hold on it, and she tells me that it is not the banks responsibility to do that. She tells me they will help as far as a police report goes, but we need to make a payment arrangement. I then call Wells Fargo to see what is going on. They inform me that Friday morning they were informed that the account was "lost or stolen". I asked when did the check come through their system, and she said that it cleared their system on Tuesday. I asked her what she meant by "cleared". She stated that funds were released. I asked if the transaction cleared on Tuesday, why did they go back on it. She stated that the account was compromised and they had to protect their "customer". She then transfers me to a manager. I ask the manager the same question. She states that since the check cleared on Tuesday, that my bank shouldn't have sent the funds back and that Wells Fargo shouldn't have asked them to. She also states that there is nothing that they can do now, but my bank can file a fraud claim against Wells Fargo, instead of coming after me for the money. I file a police report. Police officer states that Wells Fargo should correct the situation and that since there is a police report my bank shouldn't hold me responsible. I then call my bank back. I tell the rep. everything that Wells Fargo has stated and the police officer stated. She tells me that the Wells Fargo lady and the police officer do not know what they are talking about. She tells me we need to work out a payment arrangement or they will pursue legal action. I have filed numerous complaints, and nothing seems to be getting done. It is not as if I knew it was a scam. I called and verified with Wells Fargo before doing anything. From what I can see doing research online there are alot of these scams going on and nothing is being done about it, but victimizing the victim. I can't believe someone can send a bad check for that sum of money, and get away with it. That should be a felony or something. I don't know what to do now. All the information that I have found is.....www.jqbank.com, http://www.grantchecks.com, http://www.grantoutlet.com, http://www.beverlyhillsgrants.com.....these are all run by the same people. "Brokers" listed on these sites include...Ronnie Ellison, Ryan Hoffman, Lindsey Hoffman, Betty Petrovich, Dianna Smith, Nick Williams, Fay Choung, A. Randall, C. Silver. Physical addresses they use are 3900 Cross Creek Rd. Malibu, CA. 90265 and 5407 Green Valley Dr. Minneapolis, MN. 55437. Persons name on check....Hon A. Baker. Anybody have any suggestions on what to do or been a victim of these people???

Post subject: I just got the same letter!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:15 pm 

Hi, I'm so glad you posted this. I got a letter stating that I had gotten a grant in the amount of $9,950.00 :shock: for anything I needed it for. I am a student and apply for grants online all the time, but for some reason it seamed weird to me. I got a check , like you did, that seams legitemate for $4,975.00 to deposit. The it said I needed to go to http://www.GrantOutlet.com and click on the link for : Jim Welch, Grant Broker so I can pay a "small" finding fee of $497.50 after this check clears. I got a little suspecious so I decided to go to the web site and lo and behold, there is not web site by that name. so I looked it up and found your post. Thanks, I was really considering depositing it, you just saved me a huge headache! :?

:wink: Mary Heinz