ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I think I just got scammed for PS3 in Alibaba.com
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:35 am 

So ya I had my doubts but the potential profit got the best of me. I ordered 9 ps3 from alibaba a week and half prior to launch date. I was persuaded by the supplier that they are hot in demand so I better order fast. Even my gut instincts told me its too good to be true, I did it anyways, sent $3000 total to supplier to get a total of 9 PS3. I have gotten tracking # via ems but it doesnt show any progress of the package being moved. :evil: I did get one package today and IT WAS FULL OF SWEATSHIRTS AND JEANS THAT ARE WORTHLESS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!

I have dealt with about 3 or so suppliers through alibaba.com and they are good to me. I guess it was just the PS3 that really got me badly. Greed and love of money got the best out of me.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what I can do because right now as much as I dont want to admit it, I prolly just got to take the lost. I paid via western union :(

Thanks for any input anyone has. I could really use you guy's support right now. Have a good night as I will be trying to get some sleep if any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:59 am 
If you paid via WU there is no recourse, sorry.

9 P3s for 3000? Under retail? No way you could have really believed that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:28 pm 

sad but its true....i dont know why i beleived it...but i guess i got too excited about the deal and in hopes of making good profit....really caught up with me. :oops:

this sucks. i had given up my car to invest on something to help my family and freakin lost it all. sigh......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:01 pm 

Alibaba used to be a good place for wholesalers to go to find stock to flip, it like craigslist and a host of others has now flipped over to scammer central. Sad but true, stay away from companies that are outside of the usa giving quotes for product and prices well below going rates elsewhere. Stay away from anyone asking for western union payment, and ALWAYS get company details , contact information and demand proof of them being a legitimate business. Better off staying with a company in the USA where you CAN check them out and you CAN report them to the authorities if they are a fake.