ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FIDELITY DEBT CONSULTANTS SHUT DOWN BY THE FEDS! FUNNY STORY
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:24 am 

:lol: Fidelity Debt Consultants in Clearwater, Florida was shut down by the feds due to not having a state license. What makes this story even more funny is that the building where Fidelity Debt was located in just happens to be where the FBI's (the feds who raided them) offices are.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!

Oh wait, wait, LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!

CAN YOU SAY DUMBASS!!

Your company is on the 3rd floor and the feds are on the fourth! You mean to tell me that you're dumb enough NOT to have a state license for your telemarketing company with the feds right above you? LOL LOL LOL

ABC 28 Action News reporter Jackie Calloway in Tampa did the story on this busted company. Click on the link below and you'll see a list of reported news items. Just click on the link dated 7/17 "Telemarketing Company Investigated".

http://www.abcactionnews.com/programmin ... tion.shtml

If you want to know who ran this sham and where these morons were located at, the address is:

601 Cleveland Street
Suite 350
Clearwater, Florida 33755
Telephone: (727) 230-1400

http://www.fidelitydebt.com

Mr. Lloyd Pryer- President
Mr. Alexander Karis - Vice President
Mr. Gregory Digiovanni - Secretary

The product that Fidelity Debt was selling involved a debt arbitration program. Believe it or not it's still operating but only in the customer service area. They are not allowed to make any sales calls.

Post subject: **** UPDATE! NEW COMPANY ALIAS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:10 pm 

:lol:

Fidelity Debt Consultants has now moved out of Florida and into Maine!

I worked for them for a week, and realized they were a scam. they had two convicted felons taking bank account numbers and social security numbers over the phone, and mislead consumers to believe their money was going to a savings account, when in actuality it went to another LLC. !!! researching nationwide asset services in nevada, california, and arizona, will reveal the fidelity debt consultants is closely tied to at least 4 other similar organizations and they are working together to screw people over. they all use the same scripts, bank accounts, and tactics. They claim they have professional debt negotiators , but in reality they are contracted out through Nationwide Asset Services in AZ and they are simply telemarketers hired at $11/hour. go ahead and do a job search in az for their name.

I reached one of their old clients from FDC on the phone and she said she was still being charged, now on her 14th month, and nothing has happened. However, fidelity debt consultants are still taking their fees out of her account, even though the corporation has been dissolved by the feds. these guys are crooks. i brought this womans name and number to the acting floor manager (tony) and he got agressive, laughed it off and said "we arent here to do customer service. get on the phones" i just sat down with one of the owners and gave him all kinds of hell for what he's doing to people, and he just lied and tried to bullshit his way through all of it. how slimy. i am actually educated in how business works, and any company that has changed their names and aliases this many times is a scam and they are running from their past. simple as that. the owner was squirming in his chair, and it was beautiful i must say. in behalf of all the people hes ripped off and financially destroyed, he deserved to squirm alittle.

They are currently operating in maine (cant work in florida anymore) and do not even have a license(once again) to do a debt arbitration service. In maine you have to be a nonprofit, and of course they are not. their reasoning of course is that their just a marketing company, but they all say that. obviously that argument hasnt worked, as each state quickly comes into the fold and shuts these scammers down.

i reported them to the attourney general's office, and also to the consumer credit bureau. not only was a convicted felon handling a consumers financial information over the phone, but they are making false claims that their credit will be higher than before they started the program!@ (stop paying your bills, go into collections, get sued, how?)

The only way to stop these scammers is to let them know you are onto them! just two days ago, tony the floor manager got a call from one of their "old clients" (a fidelity debt consultant client) and tony and the owner laughed and said "oh no, here we go again" and started laughing. i mean what kind of people are they?

even their script they read to people on the phone was mediocre and written by a 12 year old. the whole thing was riddled with grammar mistakes and didnt make a bit of sense. where did these people go to school?

here is their new business name, along with their telephone number. the acting principals of the company are exactly the same as FDC. after being busted by the feds, they still havnt learned. they are the laughing stock of the telemarketing industry.

North America Debt Reduction, Inc.
899 Main St. Suite #600
Westbrook, ME

(207) - 591 - 6690

You can also let the sales manager know if youve been defrauded, by giving him a call :

Tony
207-939-8954

:lol:

Post subject: Looser You sound like an empolyee that was fired
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:25 pm 

You sound like an employee that was fired and just slandering.

I personally know Nationwide Asset services and FDC. I'm a client that enrolled in the program close to a year now. at this point NAS settled a nice chunk of my debt. This program is totally legitimate and has helped thousands of people. You can go to http://www.universaldr.com where you can read more about the program and testimonials of happy customers. So rather than just blowing hot ear and slandering a company that's working to help people get out of debt get a bit educated before you get all exited.

You state that you recently worked there. Interesting, If you recently worked there and you don't work there anymore I would assume they fired you because you where dead meat . It looks like you're giving away the reason why you're slandering and smearing this company.

I would sympathize with you that you're out of a job and trying to put your anger out there, but please be careful slandering is a felony.

I personally don't know who you're, but I know Nationwide and FDC and they are legitimate and have helped 1000 of customers. So chill out and get your facts straight.

Post subject: Just to back up my previous posting
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:32 pm 

Just to back up my previous posting:

Here are some testimonies from happy clients, I pulled it from a site.

The following are actual unsolicited testimonies we have received from our Clients. Names are withheld to protect their privacy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish to thank you again, VERY MUCH, from myself and my wife, for your very good caring of us, for your timely addressing of my questions and requests, for everything! And, of course, for the great GOOD NEWS that you communicated to me yesterday on the phone (about my account!!)

Also I’d like to ask you to CONVEY OUR GREAT GRATITUDE to the remarkable Negotiator(s) who did the great job (so sophisticated and so difficult!) in that case of the very first Settlement!

Bravo, Million thanks - and God Bless!!!

Wishing you - and all of you - all the very best, ever growing Success and Prosperity!

Sincerely, cordially,

VC

I wish to sincerely thank you for your assistance in coming up with a good settlement of my account with Discover Card Services. I am very confident that you can do the same for the other accounts.

My family and I are very appreciative of your efforts. Your dedication, commitment and hard work have started to reap great rewards for us, your client. Once all our debts are settled, we look forward to a new future. Thank you for touching our lives.

God bless you and more power to you!

Respectfully yours,

PK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all the wonderful people at UDR:

We would like to thank you for all of your efforts in settling our accounts. The money you saved us will go far in securing our families future.

RP

...and from a second letter from the same Client to their Debt Consultant:

We wanted to let you know that UDR got all of our bills taken care of and saved us over $11,000.00

They also are sending us over $2,200.00 back.

If you ever need a reference we will certainly give UDR and you a great one.

RP

THANK YOU AND I AM SO GLAD I HAVE YOU GUYS TO HELP ME. I ACTUALLY COULD LAY DOWN AND SLEEP THE FIRST TIME IN ALONG TIME KNOWING I HAD SOMEONE THAT COULD HELP. I JUST ABOUT WAS ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN. I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO TURN. THANKS AGAIN.

DD

We have really appreciated the professionalism and friendliness of your services, and we will definitely recommend Nationwide/U.D.R. to others who are in our predicament. Thank you very much.

PM

Thank you so much for all of your time and patience! I actually feel relieved about our debt which is a first in the past 3 years!

CK

Post subject: LOL
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:46 pm 

Nice job trying to save face with some bogus testimonials.

I love this crap. you dont save face by pushing sales testimonials out there, you show the cold hard facts instead. i am not a disgruntled employee. i worked after hours for them, and did what i was told. if anything, im a much more rare commodity than you : .

your industry is a temporary one, and you know it. when you entice a consumer to screw up their financial future and put them through hardship, so you can collect your 1200-1600 up front then 29% of what they "saved", you are doing no service for people at all. you are profiting off of their bad decision. your industry will only last until they regulate it, just like every other bad idea that is dissolved under the light.

i am a professional. i always have been. and when i see them hiring people with no background check or references (a convicted felon) and taking financial information over the phone, i see illegal activity. go ahead and claim your testimonials. that only works on 3am tv ads. any informed consumer is not going to believe that garbage. the fact of the matter is, your industry has far less leverage than the credit card industry, and your time is short.

;)

Post subject: Afterthought
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:29 pm 

i just re-read the froth that was posted by "jakk". alright everyone, let me break this down for you. after reading that again, its quite obvious that either Greg, Alex or Tony wrote this. why? let me show you why

#1 this obviously isnt a customer.
#2 their spelling is horrible and similar to our call script i mentioned
#3 they reference universaldr which they ripped off to create their website, and tell their employees its "their" building in the pictures.

compare universaldr.com (universal debt reduction) to fidelitydebt.com
if you browse to their images directory, you will notice they actually have universal debt reductions logos hidden away, and its obvious they are either ripping them off or they are one in the same

http://www.fidelitydebt.com/images/

alright "boys", im not slandering our smearing your company. im doing a public service to anyone that googles your bad reputation. if your unsuspecting victims dont know about you, well, now they do. thats the purpose of this website. see : not in your safe zone.

North America Marketing, AKA North America Debt Reduction
AKA Fidelity Debt Reduction AKA Fidelity Debt Foundation AKA BUSTED
(more keywords ;) Clearwater, FL ClearWater Florida 7/17/06

calling me "dead meat" doesnt really work when i just worked you over verbally and had you stimmering and stammering in your own office. thanks for the insult though. im doing the public a service by preventing you from ripping any more old men/women off from their pensions and social security benefits. let me jog your memory for a moment...

i talked to one of your "old" clients from the "good ol days" (FDC, busted by the feds) and she has been paying her dues for 14 months, nothing has been done, and a charge is still being taken out (Fidelity Debt) from a company/corp. that doesnt exist. you can argue till your blue in the face, throw fake testimonials at me, go ahead. reason and truth will win over lies any day of the week. the fact of the matter is, i took down her name and number and handed it to tony, he got pissed off and said "we're not here for customer service. get back on the phones". truth is stronger than lies gentlemen. you cant run away from your past. 3 strikes you are out. im sure thats crossed your mind.

Heres the bad news boys. I saved her information and made sure all the authorities i contacted had her information as well. She was very unhappy with you guys and now has the possibility to join others in a class action lawsuit.

anyways, this nice old lady i spoke to, i took an extensive amount of time with her on the phone, because she's had a piss poor experience with your company. She has been paying in for 14 months, is currently getting sued by discover and visa, and discover has notified her through a lawyer that they DO NOT deal with Nationwide Asset Services or its affiliates. She was told by a Legal Firm, not a "recovery agent" that she was being taken to court, the papers are filed, and are in process, and they do NOT deal with NAS. period. she has since attempted to stop legal proceedings but is currently being taken to court by two of her creditors.

now since you cant deal with the facts, lets make it simple. since NAS hires telemarketers to call collection agencies at $11/hour, at this point the client can negotiate out of their own debt. in fact, most collection companies call to offer a settlement amount. so if they save money this way anyways, whats the point of paying universal debt reduction, fidelity debt, nationwide asset services, north america debt reduction, etc. thousands of dollars? that removes the whole point of saving money.
not only that, but they wait until the accounts are in collection and have a bunch of phone flunkies call them.

Just to clarify...... Large fees, then telemarketers negotiate with a collection agency. Their guarantee is that youll never owe more than the original principal plus fees. now that sounds real appealing doesnt it?
considering you could just call your collection company and make an offer. wheres the incentive here? youd save alot more money by doing it yourself. its not hard to negotiate with a collections company. it doesnt take a "harvard graduate". they would be happy with 60-80% of your balance because they just paid pennies on the dollar for the account.

You guys still owe me one more check, and if you dont hand it over when i show up, i will return with the sheriff. If you are still there of course.

i still dont know how you people sleep at night, but it sure does feel good knowing that the appropriate authorities know all about your bad business practices.

Post subject: Only The Truth
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:34 pm 

Top of the food chain, Nationwide Asset Services, busted for doing business in a state they had no license in, making false claims :

http://www.corp.ca.gov/enf/info/adm/nationwide/nw.htm

a customer experience (in detail) with Universal Debt Reduction:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff125312.htm

get a call from a company like this? check them out on the better business bureau. they all have large numbers of complaints.

http://www.bbb.org

Feds and the FTC consider this a SCAM! Read a case here :
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/ftc_better_budget.html

FTC stops nationwide debt negotiation scheme :
http://communitydispatch.com/artman/publish/article_6537.shtml

More Debt negotiation companies BUSTED
http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/Telemarketing/Inbound/MinorIn/MoneyProbs/credit_repair.htm

About.com says to avoid getting ripped off, stay away from debt negotiation services that charge a monthly fee or demand a percentage of your savings. read this to see how bad these scams are damaging people :
http://credit.about.com/od/debtconsolid ... iation.htm

folks, if it sounds too good to be true.... it is. and its not worth being sued and taken to court, only to end up owing more than you did originally. any company that can put you in financial peril for a large amount of money in their pocket, is a scam. period.

Post subject: You're a waste of time
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:50 pm 

I really shouldn't be wasting my time with an idiot like you, but I would like to defend the company that helped me and thousands of people get out of debt.

Just to point out you speak about the testimonials that customer gave that is the only thing you can argue on if it's true testimonials or not. I'm a LIVE testimonial and I know personally of other people that joined NAS a couple of years ago and NAS successfully settled for them their debt and saved them 40-50% on the amount of debt.

You simply are uneducated and don't know your facts. You're a frustrated employee that lost his job.

Do you know the debt industry at all. Billions of dollars have been settled through debt settlement companies. NAS alone settled over 20 million dollars of debt. This means thousands of happy customers debt free. This program is legitimate, the credit card companies agree when they issue a credit card to work with arbitrators. You might want to read (if you know how to) the terms and condition of the credit companies when they send a new credit card look at the booklet enclosed.

You point out that NAS charges the customer $1200 so what' the big deal. Are you broke that you can't stomach that NAS is making a living by running a company with a lot of employees and servicing thousands of customers.

Instead of being negative about people that work for a living and deliver service to their clients. Go get yourself a job and make a living so you won't have to be jealous from successful people.

Once again me and my friends that NAS helped are a live testimony of the great services NAS provides. I paid NAS more than $1200 for their services. So what they offered me great service. I make a living, and can stomach other people doing the same.

Go get a job, that might change your attitude.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:19 pm 

i love it how you just attack me personally. like i said though, you will never address all the issues i bring to the table. you are not a "customer", you are a talking advertisement, and you are in the wrong place. this website is to report SCAMS, not advertise your product. ;)

insulting me, calling me names, and all the other childish activities you engage in, do not override cold hard facts. you are just making yourself look bad, and validating my point.

thanks for that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:34 pm 

fyi, i have a job, and to think i would be jealous of your "success" is ludicris. i can sleep at night knowing im not putting people in harms way. you seem to forget and like to deny the facts. the feds and ftc are coming down on this racket, and you are on the inside my friend. hopefully you are looking towards the future, because there is no future in this industry. it is set to explode, and if you dont realize it, you truly deserve to go down with it. some people never learn. youd think after making abc news it would sink in, but youd rather insult people on the internet and rattle off testimonials.

have fun with that, let me know how it goes ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:03 pm 

I'm a customer, and have nothing with NAS other than the service they offered me.

I don't want to waste my time with this, so I promise this will be the last response. In addition if I insulted you I apologize I just get angry when someone accuses a program that helped me and thousands of people get out of debt.

Please answer on the facts I stated. Maybe if I ask in questions you won't be able to dodge it.

Do you agree that NAS has helped customers get out of debt?

Do you agree that debt settlement companies have settled billion of dollars in debt for consumers.

Do you agree that there are customers out there debt only because they signed up with debt settlement companies.

Do you think that a $1200 payment is too much for a customer that saves $5000-$10000?

Please answer the questions directly and prove to everyone how you don;t have your facts straight regarding the industry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:04 am 

now wait a minute, why should i answer your questions, when i asked you to directly address the facts and you never did? why do you wish to turn it around and have me answer your questions? after insulting me and being the posterchild for bad business? your logic is alittle backwards.

lets suppose NAS offers a legitimate service. let me go WAY out on a limb and suggest that there are plenty of legitimate services like this. then after this scenario i want you to click your heels and wake up, ok?

the bottom line is, even if a debt negotiation service is legitimate, its still bad business for most consumers. my reasoning? after a year or more of not seeing any results, the average person will drop out of the program and give up. what happens then? they say "youre a scam" and you say "you didnt follow our guidelines, its your fault" but the bottom line is the only thing that matters. if you put MOST people in harms way due to your program, it doesnt matter if they didnt follow your rules. the bottom line is, you are hurting people, and their livelihood and it is wrong to entice someone to screw up their credit and go into collections just to make money. so, even if you were legitimate, you are still ripping most people off, putting them in harms way, and hiding behind "you didnt follow the rules". you have to expect people to make mistakes, especially when you are marketing to people who make mistakes. simple logic that you either dont understand, or you somehow can look over. but it doesnt make sense arguing with someone parading as a customer, because theyve "helped me and thousands of others get out of debt". no customer or real person i know talks like a training manual. but you do sound more "edumacated" after you turned on your spellcheck ;)

Post subject: REPOST
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:11 am 

REPOST. LETS STICK TO THE FACTS WE CAN PROVE

Top of the food chain, Nationwide Asset Services, busted for doing business in a state they had no license in, making false claims :

http://www.corp.ca.gov/enf/info/adm/nationwide/nw.htm

a customer experience (in detail) with Universal Debt Reduction:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff125312.htm

get a call from a company like this? check them out on the better business bureau. they all have large numbers of complaints.

http://www.bbb.org

Feds and the FTC consider this a SCAM! Read a case here :
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/ftc_better_budget.html

FTC stops nationwide debt negotiation scheme :
http://communitydispatch.com/artman/publish/article_6537.shtml

More Debt negotiation companies BUSTED
http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Crimes/Telemarketing/Inbound/MinorIn/MoneyProbs/credit_repair.htm

About.com says to avoid getting ripped off, stay away from debt negotiation services that charge a monthly fee or demand a percentage of your savings. read this to see how bad these scams are damaging people :
http://credit.about.com/od/debtconsolidation/a/debtnegotiation.htm

Post subject: You both make good points!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:53 am 

Ok. I am someone who use to work at Fidelity Debt Consultants. Both of you make valid points but are missing a critical part. Yes Nationwide has helped thousands get out of debt along with providing an alternative to the other crooks like non profit (yeah right!) debt consolidation, credit counseling companies etc. Unfortunately it's NOT Nationwide that I have a problem with it's Fidelity Debt Consultants for being crooked enough NOT to have a business license or even a occupational one much less a telemarketing license to operate in the city they were in.

Mr. Gregory Digiovanni a part owner of the company purposely took the company to the ground. He was making $20,000 a week while looking for other ways to get more by cutting the payroll so he and his staff could increase their salary. Towards the end right before the raid he was making $30,000 weekly and bragged to his inside people how he rearrange the payroll structure to scam the employees out of their salary.

He is a TOTAL a$$hole b/c he treated people like crap! Just b/c he was an owner and had power you were a peon to him. When the raid happened I felt scammed and ashamed b/c he kept preaching to make your money, it's there to be taken. Yeah it was there alright but HE was the one who took it all in the end. Now I don't know who called the Feds although it wasn't too hard to find them when they were right above you on the 4rth floor. Just an elevator ride. Lol Once I got the call about the raid I immediately contacted channel 28 ABC affiliate in Tampa and had them show up with a camera crewon July 17 2006. Fidelity of course had no comment.

While debt settlement does help people it's NOT for everyone. Yes the fees are high but they are already built into the amount you're saving. It's the third party companies like Fidelity that make this a scam. You don't need them b/c you can contact NAS yourself cutting out the middle man or call the credit card companies on your own and settle with them. Unfortunately many people are too busy working trying to make a living and don't have much time in the day left to call their creditors.

By the way I am not saying both of you are wrong or that one of you is completely right. You both make valid points. A consumer has to choose what's best for them. The program is not for everyone but we can at least agree that we certainly don't need scam artists like Fidelity right smack in the middle of things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:43 am 

yea, greg was a tool. i could tell he had the personality of a rock. the entire sales floor basically said hes an a$$ and if he doesnt leave they were going to. i could tell right away he was a selfish greedy bastard who didnt care about anyone. he was a prick to all the employees and walked around like he actually knew how to manage people, but he couldnt manage his own attitude.

interesting perspective on what happened. was alex or lee or tony around at the time?