ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BEWARE OF SUNTASIA MARKETING!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:26 am 

This company actually calls you claiming you've earned or won a "free" vacation. Nothing can be farther from the truth. They often claim b/c of a purchase you made on your checking account with one of their affiliates (sometimes they mention companies like Costco, Walmart etc) in the last 6 months you qualify for the "free" vacation.

Be very careful when giving them any personal information like the name of your bank and the city you opened it in. Once you do they read back the routing number on your check (which is obtained by a computer software connected to all the banks around the country.). The agent then pretends to have your account number and thus needs you to verify it.

DON'T DO IT!!

This company is being exposed for their shady telemarketing practices. KOMO Channel 4 News in Seattle, Washington did a story on this company exposing their scam. If you want to see the news report, click below.

http://komotv.com/buyerbeware/story.asp?ID=44298

There are also other websites out there with plenty of complaints and warnings about this company. Type in Suntasia in the search area and you will see over 100 complaints on these guys.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/

Also these sites as well.

http://www.stopjunkcalls.com/bboard/ind ... owforum=10

http://scam.com/forumdisplay.php?s=5080 ... ca723&f=25

If you've been a victim of this company illegally debiting your account, call your local attorney general.

Geeman

Post subject: More to come I'm sure.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:31 am 

By the way if you are curious about this company that promotes "free" vacation and gas vouchers, click on the links below and type in the search "Suntasia Marketing". You'll be surprised at all the complaints this company has against them.

http://ripoffreport.com

http://scam.com (click on hotel scams)

http://www.stopjunkcalls.com (click on message boards)

http://asdfhj.com/scam-alert-727-471-1418/35

You can also type in the "search" box all of their sub-companies they promote as well. The names are Travel Agents Go Direct, FloridaWay, Prism Communications, Distinct Advantage and Freedom Gold. They have prior defunct companies which are Capital Vacations, Agents Travel Network, Florida Passport, Teleflex Communications.

Suntasia Marketing's website is http://suntasia.com and their corporate headquarters are located at:

8751 Ulmerton Road,
Largo, FL 33771
727-471-0276

Post subject: HERE IS THE ACTUAL SCRIPT THEY USE AT SUNTASIA MARKETING!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:33 am 

Many people have complained about being debited even before receiving anything. How can they get away with this? Well, I am posting ONE of the scripts the agents use while on the phones. I say ONE b/c many agents there reword the script just to make a sale. I have a copy of a NON APPROVED script. Here is the regular script they normally use. Read below.

HERE IS AN ACTUAL SCRIPT THEY USED OR STILL USE.

When they call people they use this Script.

*Agents Travel Network Script & Verification!!!!

Hi, (Customers name)

My name is __________ I’m a registered agent calling on behalf of *Agents Travel Network (or Travel Agents Direct which is what it’s called now) in regards to your bank account. As a valued customer we are going to send you $400.00 in American Airline Saving Vouchers and two free nights of hotel accomodations, just for accepting a 14 day free trial into our *Agents Travel Network program.

* Note: IT IS NOW CALLED TRAVEL AGENTS DIRECT

This program will give you the same hospitality benefits usually only available to travel professionals, such as discounts of up to 50% on cruises, rental cars and airline tickets. You’ll also receive major discounts at thousands of resorts and hotels nationwide, including Hilton, Marriot and Radisson and you’ll save a ton of money on selected theme park tickets. Your membership will arrive with your own personalized Agents Travel Network (now TAD) identity card.

After your 14 days, if you decide to keep it, it’s only $19.95 a month billed to your checking account, with a one time activation fee of only $40.00. If you decide to cancel, just call the 800 number in your package during your free trial period, you’ll never be billed, and there’s no further obligation, Either way you still keep the airline vouchers and your free hotel accomodations, as our way of saying thanks for looking over the program. So you can’t lose!

Now we will be shipping your package to (Verify Address) is that correct?

How does your name appear on your checking Account?

If different from customers name: are they authorized signer on this account?

What is the name of your bank?

And you opened your account in (Customers City and State)

Now we are going to pull up your information to confirm that everything is correct. Please Hold.

(Obtain the nine digit ABA routing # from your manager)

OK, (Customers Name) I’m going to verify your ABA routing number that’s on the bottom left hand corner of your check book. If you can follow along with me to make sure the numbers are correct. (Confirm ABA Routing Number with customer) Is that Correct?

** Now there will be a symbol after those numbers I just verified with you, please go ahead and verify the next set of numbers, which is your account number.

Thank You!

** Note: ASSUMING YOU GAVE THEM YOUR INFORMATION THEY THEN PREPARE TO RECORD THE CONVERSATION FOR BILLING PURPOSES. NOTICE ON THE RECORDING SCRIPT BELOW THAT THERE’S NO DATE SO YOU DON’T KNOW WHEN YOUR TRIAL PERIOD ENDS. THE ONLY DATE THEY RECORD IS THE DATE THEY CALLED YOU ON. ALL THE AGENT TELLS YOU IS THAT AFTER TWO WEEKS WHEN YOU RECIEVE THE PACKAGE IS WHEN YOU WILL BE BILLED IF YOU DON’T CALL TO CANCEL. PROBLEM HERE IS THAT YOU NOR SUNTASIA KNOW THE DATE YOU’LL GET THE PACKAGE EXACTLY B/C IT IS SHIPPED REGULAR MAIL. THIS IS SO THEY CAN CHARGE YOU AT ANYTIME IF THE PACKAGE EITHER NEVER ARRIVES OR GETS TO YOU LATER.

Verification Must Be Read VERBATIM.

Thanks for holding, the remaining portion of this call will be recorded OK??
(Must get affirmative, YES, OK, OR CORRECT) I’m speaking with (customers Name) and todays date is __________.

Now we will be shipping your package to (Customers Address) Is that correct? OK. Great ! And I’m showing your telephone number as (read customers telephone number back) For security purposes we need to attach a password to your file. What city were you born in ?

And what is your email address? These will act as passwords whenever You contact us.

How does your name appear on your checking account.

If different from customer name: (Are you an authorized signer on this account?)

What is the name, city & state of your bank?

Now, please read your routing number back to me that starts with a 0,1,2 or 3. Now please read back to me the account number that YOU PROVIDED. Ok great.

After your 2 week trial period, the program is just $19.95 a month with a one time activaction fee of $40.00 billed to the checking account YOU JUST PROVIDED to us. If you decide to cancel your membership, just call the 800-number in your package. Theirs no further obligation and the airline vouchers and hotel vouchers are yours to keep just for accepting the membership for the first 2 weeks. With your permission we’ll rush your Agents Travel Network card (Now TAD) and materials to you and your benefits will start immediately. OK?

If funds are unavailable upon deposit after the free trial your bank may charge you a processing fee.

Now, (Customers name), you qualify for 2 additional packages

FLORIDA PASSPORT UPSELL!!! (Changed to Floridaway)

As a new VIP member The Florida Passport (FloridaWay) would like to sponsor your first travel agent fam trip. Its called the Fun in the Sun Dream Escape, you’ll receive 6 days 5 nights of hotel accomodations in Orlando and Fort Lauderdale, Florida. You will receive this on a 7 day free review basis. This fam trip is subject to blackout dates of Christmas, New Years & Special Events. These vacations are fully transferable and will be sent to you with a travel date of 1 year from today, which can be changed at no additional charge. This vacation package comes to you risk free for 7 days. If, during your free review period, you do not call to cancel,the promotional fee of only
One Hundred Forty-Nine Dollars will be applied to the checking account we have just verified with You. OK? Great. (Must Get an Affirmative, Yes, Ok, or Correct)

TELEFLEX COMMUNICATIONS UPSELL!! (Changed to Prism Communications)

As a Special Bonus you will also receive a free 21 day trial of unlimited long distance with voice mail from Teliflex communications (Now Prism). This has nothing to do with your home phone its in the form of a calling card and comes with a pin number. You can use this service from any touch tone phone at your home or office and call anyone, anytime, anywhere, coast-to-coast and talk as long as you want, free for 21 days. If after your free trial you decide to continue its only $49.95 a month billed to the checking account used today and thereafter, but keep in mind you are under no obligation to continue. If You feel its not for you simply call the customer service number within the free trial period and you will never be billed… its that simple… So with your permission under the terms described your billing information will be transferred to TELILEX Communications (Prism) and they’ll send out your free trail in the mail. OKAY?? (must get an affirmative)

*** Thank you for your time and have a good day/night.

*** Note: You are told to hang up immediately and not engage in any other conversations with the customer b/c he or she might end up asking too many questions.

END OF SCRIPT..

Notice a few things on this script. I capitalized some words purposely b/c it lets you know how they get away with charging you. The words are “Now read back to me the account YOU PROVIDED” or “. . .billed to the checking account YOU JUST PROVIDED”. This places YOU responsible NOT them for giving out your information in order for them to have the right to bill you.

Also, with Suntasia there is no SPECIFIC date when the trial period begins or ends. They don't know when you will be receiving the packages and that is where the confusion starts.

On the recording it says:

"After your two week trial period the program is just $19.95 a month billed to the checking account you just supplied to us. If you decide to cancel your membership, just call the 800 number in your package. There's no further obligation and . . . . . . . ."

HHmmmmmmmmmm. . . . Let's see what's wrong with this picture?

Well for starters the word "free" is not found after the word "your" and before "two" even though the agents stress it's a "free" trial before the recording began.

Also , there is no SPECIFIC date when your "trial" (NOT "free" trial) period starts or ends. All the agents tell the customer is that when you recieve the package in the next 7 to 10 business days, your "trial" period will begin two weeks from then. Unfortunately, Suntasia REALLY doesn't know when the package will arrive to them (if they sometimes ship it out at all) and thus the billing can start at any time. It has happened over and over again where customers have complained about being charged, not receiving their packages or they got it very late. Many have been charged even before the package was sent out to them or on the day of recieving it. What is Suntasia's response to these complaints? It's the U.S. Postal Services fault. Yeah, pass the buck will you! Some have been able to get refunds but that's after struggling to get through customer service and it's 3 different phone numbers that ALL lead back to the same place, Suntasia Marketing.

Another thing that sticks out is they tell you to call an 800 number that’s on your package to cancel the travel program but on the second package (Florida Passport or Way) they just say to call and cancel. On the last package (Teleflex or Prism) they say to call customer service # to cancel. Why? Because the truth is that they have 3 different numbers for you to call if you want to cancel everything. The agents are told NOT to give this information out to the customer in fear that they may cancel on the recording. They are also not allowed to give out the customer service number b/c many of them cancel everything on the same day.

When the customer starts asking questions like, “Do I have to call 3 different numbers to cancel everything?” The agents are told to say, “if you have any questions or problems just call the customer service number on your package and they will handle everything”. The customer might ask what is that number and the agent will say, “it will be on your package the day you get it”. The truth is that any numbers that the customer sees on the packages or gets from the agent themselves ALL lead to the same place Suntasia Marketing customer service department. When you call they tell you in order to cancel the other two packages you must call these numbers. Again it ALL leads back to the same place. They do this to frustrate you enough so you get tired of trying to cancel thus buying enough time to be billed later.

As for the travel discount card and the 21 day trial calling card, if you don’t send back the travel card you’ll get billed. The calling card has to be de-activated, by you writing a letter to them to do so, otherwise you’ll get billed. Another thing is even if you liked using the calling card (most of us have cell phones so there’s no need for this unless you are that dumb to pay $49.95 a month for long distance), the pin number often doesn’t work at all and you constantly have to call in to customer service to either get it fixed or get another pin number.

Some have posted in other forums that they were told by the agent they needed to confirm your bank account number b/c the shipping & handling fee is $1.95 and we need your number so we can debit your account. THIS IS A BIG FAT LIE!! IT’S ALL A TRICK!! There is no $1.95 b/c Suntasia ships out the packages (if they ever REALLY do) through regular mail and they pay for that. Of course once they bill you then they make that money back and much more. This is why the agents are told to add the other two packages (FloridaWay which is a timeshare and the calling card) b/c that is where their profit is made. The $19.95 travel card just covers cost of the regular expenses (lights, security etc) in the company.

Hopefully this will bring you more insight on how these crooks work. I also know what rebuttals they use in case the customer has any objections to the products they sell. I will post those in the near future.

Post subject: Distinct Advantage Complaints
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:38 pm 

The Following Information is Distinct Advantages' Better Business Bureau Official Record!

Promoted and sold by the telemarketing company Suntasia Marketing in Largo, Florida

Distinct Advantage
10500 Ulmerton Rd Suite 726-302
Largo, FL 33771
Telephone: (866) 545-5486

File Open Date: March 2005
TOB Classification: Travel Clubs
BBB Membership: This company is not a member.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to a pattern of complaints concerning misrepresentation in selling practices, refund disputes, delivery issues, and billing issues. Complaints received by the Bureau state that the company informed consumers that they would receive the free trial membership package prior to being charged. However, funds are being debited from the consumers' accounts before the free trial period ends. Also, complaints received by the Bureau state that the company has debited money from consumers' bank accounts, but the consumers have not received the promised free trial package.

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.

The Bureau processed a total of 153 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 153 complaints closed in 36 months, 141 were closed in the last year.

http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/commonrep ... d=90012544

Additional DBAs, Addresses and Telephone Numbers

Additional Addresses
6822 22nd Ave N Ste PMB 432-432
Saint Petersburg, FL 33710

Additional Phone Numbers
(727) 471-1416
(727) 683-1127
(866) 545-0409
(727) 683-1124

All the numbers above belong to FTN Promotions Inc. (dba Suntasia Inc.).
8751 Ulmerton Road, Largo, FL 33771

Post subject: BREAKING NEWS! ANOTHER MEDIA INVESTIGATION EXPOSES SUNTASIA!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:27 pm 

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS!

SUNTASIA MARKETING/DISTINCT ADVANTAGE EXPOSED AGAIN BY LOCAL MEDIA, KETV NewsWatch 7 I-TEAM!

Yes that’s right, you read it correctly! Suntasia Marketing’s promotion of Distinct Advantage was exposed once AGAIN but this time by the ABC affiliate KETV Channel 7 in Omaha, Nebraska.

Hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?? Seems that a pattern is emerging here with this company and the media. This is the second tv news station that is an ABC affiliate which has exposed these crooks. KOMO TV Channel 4 in Seattle was the first to do it.

August 23, 2006

KETV NewsWatch 7 I-Team

“Man Warns About Suspected Phone Solicitation Scam”

An offer for free gas and travel vouchers sounded too good to be true when Ron Gaspard received one recently. Gaspard said the call sounded suspicious. He knew better than to bite.

To see the rest of his story, click on the link below to the news investigation done by reporter Carol Kloss that Distinct Advantage (which is under the Suntasia umbrella) is a scam.

http://www.ketv.com/iteam/9727067/detail.html

Oh how many times have I said if everyone called your local tv news station like Rachel Randall in Seattle and Ron Gaspard in Omaha have done, we would ALL be better off.

Post subject: CALLER SUES SUNTASIA IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT AND WINS!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:30 am 

When I told you someone would get ticked off enough to do something about this company I wasn't kidding. Kalvin B sued Suntasia Marketing in small claims court in Arizona for calling his phone number, violating the DNC rule. The result was that he won a few hundred dollars but that's not here or there. The fact is that these crooks went too far and thus have to pay. He tells you how to do it in his NEW website called, "Suntasia Sucks". lol Pretty accurate if I say so myself. Plenty of good information in there to view and worth taking a look at.

Here is the link to the new site.

http://suntasiasucks.icarusindie.com/index.php

There is a forum in there if you want to post your horrible experiences with this company. "Suntasia Sucks" offers ALL the important information you need to know about this company and what you need to do if you feel you're being harrassed. It is very well done. The site will also serve as a tool for posting information on other fraudulent companies as well. You did a GREAT job putting it together Kalvin B and I appreciate ALL of your efforts in doing so.

Post subject: A Second Credit Union Puts Out an Alert on Suntasia!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:54 pm 

SECOND FEDERAL CREDIT UNION WARNS IT’S CUSTOMERS ABOUT SUNTASIA MARKETING’S DISTINCT ADVANTAGE!

You read it correctly AGAIN! Like I stated many times before in my posts, banks and credit unions are becoming increasingly aware of these crooks.

First it was Florida Telco Credit Union warning it’s members about Suntasia a month ago. Click below if you didn't see it.

http://www.floridatelco.org/186.html

Now it’s the Teachers Federal Credit Union sending out an alert on "Distinct Advantage" which is marketed by Suntasia.

The following statement comes from the TFCU website.

Telephone Scam Alert

The latest tactic involves members contacted by individuals - by telephone - claiming to be a “Checking Account Supervisor” and offering “free” services. Please be aware these are not TFCU employees and the calls are originating from a company based out of Florida named Distinct Advantage. As when contacted by any company soliciting services via the telephone, TFCU recommends exercising caution. Ask questions to fully understand all aspects of the offer being made.

If you are contacted and note charges were made to your account without consent by Distinct Advantage, or if you feel employees of Distinct Advantage misrepresented themselves, please contact the Florida Attorney General’s Office of Consumer Protection. The toll free number for the Florida Attorney General’s office for filing a complaint is 1-866-966-7226. Complaints can also be filed online at http://myfloridalegal.com. Once on the site click on the ‘Consumer Protection’ link, then click on the ‘How to File a Complaint or Check on a Business’ link. All the necessary information for filing a complaint is provided.

You can click the link below to see the alert for yourself.

http://www.teachersfcu.org/about_tfcu/security.html

I promise you more is coming on this company.

Post subject: SUNTASIA'S USELESS PROMOTIONAL COMPANIES!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:31 am 

The following companies are ALL currently or were promoted by "Suntasia Marketing". Here is the information I've compiled on this company.

Suntasia Marketing, Inc.
8751 Ulmerton Rd
Largo, FL 33771

Tel#: 727-471-0276 or 1-800-NEW-TEAM

Email: info@suntasia.com

Better Business Bureau Record: Status-information on this company is being updated, and no report in available at this time.

Travel Agents Go Direct
11125 Park Blvd Ste 104-364
Seminole, FL 33772
Tel#: 1-888-546-8844 or (727) 471-1411

Email: traveler@travelagentsgodirect.com

Better Business Bureau Record: Status-Unsatisfactory
Over 160 complaints about this company in the last 36 months.

FloridaWay Dream Escape
2655 Ulmerton Rd Ste 407
Clearwater, FL 33762-3337
Tel#: (888) 488-8770

Email: traveler@floridaway.net

111 complaints about this company in the last 36 months.

Prism Communications
3665 East Bay Drive Ste 201B
Largo, FL 33771
Tel#: (888) 694-9151

Email: talkto@prismld.com

Better Business Bureau Record: Status-Unknown
25 complaints about this company in the last 36 months. Company has not responded to requests by the BBB for information on them.

Distinct Advantage
10500 Ulmerton Rd Suite 726-302
Largo, FL 33771
Tel#: (866) 545-5486

Email: info@freedomgold.com

160 complaints about this company in the last 36 months.

Freedom Gold
10500 Ulmerton Rd Ste 726-302
Largo, FL 33758
Tel#: (800) 853-0473

Email: N/A

278 complaints about this company in the last 36 months

Agents Travel Network
3993 Tyrone Blvd Suite 608-182
Saint Petersburg, FL 33709

Tel#: (800) 853-9982

Email: info@agents-travel.net

230 complaints about this company in the last 36 months.

Teliflex Communications Unlimited Long Distance
3303 Seffner Drive
Holiday, Florida 34691

Tel#: 617-782-2900

Email: phoneservices@teliflex.com

126 complaints about this company in the last 36 months

Suntasia Marketing according to their website also promotes other programs such as Leisure City, Freedom Ring Long Distance Service, Monster Mastercard, Variety! Spice of Your Life and Credit Life.

I have been searching for information on the companies listed above but have found nothing as of yet. I will be updating the list as changes occur. So far everything that is being marketed by Suntasia has had an unsatisfactory rating with the BBB. Currently the products being promoted by them are Travel Agents Go Direct, FloridaWay, Prism, Distinct Advantage and Freedom Gold.

Post subject: BBB NEWS ALERT: Don't fall for free airline tickets!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:10 am 

That's right! Frosted News in Fort Wayne, Indiana is warning all of its residents in the state about "Distinct Advantage". They sent out the warning on August 30th. They were informed by the Better Business Bureau News Service. Basically, the alert says that the agents misrepresent themselves and in the end your account gets debited. Don't give them any of your account information.

You can read the article below.

FORT WAYNE (Better Business Bureau News Service)-If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Distinct Advantage, located in Largo, Fla., and whose type of business is a travel club, has been making calls to northeast Indiana residents offering them free gas vouchers and free airline tickets. All of this for free, right? The person on the other end of the line will then ask for your routing number, and then wants you to confirm you bank account number. STOP THERE! You could get a lot more than what you bargained for.

Distinct Advantage has a total of 145 complaints to date, concerning issues such as misrepresentation in selling practices, refund disputes, and delivery and billing issues. Consumers were told they would receive a free trial membership package prior to being charged. Before the trial period ends, however, money is being debited from their accounts.

Please do not give any information to anyone until you have completely checked the company out.

If consumers or business owners receive a call such as this from any company, please contact the Better Business Bureau toll-free at 1- 800-552-4631 or locally at (260) 423-44333, with information regarding the name of the company, how they are trying to get your account information, and whether they are asking for bank account or credit card account numbers.

End of article.

If you want to see the news alert yourself, copy and paste link below on your address bar.

http://www.frostillustrated.com/news/20 ... s/010.html

I will keep you up to date as more alerts come in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:44 pm 

A formal complaint needs to be filed with the criminal investigations unit of the Florida Attorney General's office. Suntasia is not th eonly company out there doing such things to the people they solicit. Ramada Plaza Resorts has some shady goings on too, even with thier own employees. My husband tried working for them and after 1 pay period quit. He couldnt consiously continue with them and they even docked his pay 250.00 for what they claim he didnt say which was a sentence in the script to a customer yet though all calls are supposed to be recorded there was NO recording for his review to prove it.

They are all crooks if you ask me, use a ploy to get you to buy a travel package that most of the time winds up at some dive hotel somewhere in the outskirts of any decent town or island.

I prefer to plan my own vactions thank you and deal with the travel agent MYSELF not through a discount compan. There are many hidden discounts deep within the systems that a good agent will know where to look for them and you can still wind up with a pretty good deal doing it yourself.

Post subject: True but. . . .
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:25 am 

I agree but Suntasia is already being investigated by the Florida Attorney General. What we need is to get the media more involved to expose these jerks. Suntasia was exposed twice by different news stations and Ramada was already exposed this summer by KOMO 4 News In Seattle.

Post subject: For your information
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:07 am 

The following email was sent on June 30th to a man named "John", who emailed the florida attorney generals office about Suntasia's business practices. They are fully aware of these crooks.

Email:

Here’s an update from the Florida Attorney Generals office. I received this e-mail from them this morning

Attorney General Charlie Crist’s Office is in receipt of your correspondence regarding FTN Promotions/Distinct Advantage/Freedom Gold.
We are currently investigating the business practices of this company and will contact you should we need additional information.

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of Attorney General Charlie Crist’s office.

John MacGregor
Senior Assistant Attorney General

Post subject: Suntasia is Exposed Again By the Media for the Third Time!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:50 pm 

BREAKING NEWS !

Consumer Alert: Discount Membership Clubs

A woman in McKeesport, Pennsylvania called her local news station crying b/c she got charged for a so called, “discount” package with the same bait scam, free gas and airline vouchers.

Shirley Smorey really believed she was getting $500 worth of free gas and airline vouchers but as usual the package got to her home late and thus Shirley got charged $59.99 membership fee plus the first monthly charge of $19.99. She also got a bounced check fee and is now out more than $113. Yes it’s typical folks that the people who are responsible in promoting this scam Suntasia Marketing in Largo don’t take the heat for it b/c everyone thinks it’s Distinct Advantage that is the only one involved. Make no mistake about it Suntasia is FULLY behind selling the products of Distinct Advantage, Travel Agents Go Direct, Prism, Freedom Gold and other names as well.

Suntasia Marketing is located on 8751 Ulmerton Road, Largo, FL 33771 and their corporate website is http://suntasia.com/.

To see the video of the news story that was done by KDKA Channel 2 reporter Yvonne Zanos their Consumer Editor there , click below.

http://kdka.com/consumer/local_story_265165935.html

You all have been asking what you can do, well here is another example of someone taking action to expose these crooks.

CALL YOUR LOCAL MEDIA OUTLETS! DON’T STAY SILENT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:43 am 

Please reduce your font size

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:21 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I have been thinking the same thing for a while now . . . I think I am going to go into the old posts and reduce the font size on all of them. It gets too hard to read/look at when it is so big.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch