ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Crooked Web Hosts
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:27 pm 

Just suppose the same romainian came into the same bank each day and tried to cash the same fake checks. And i say to the teller, hey, don't you remember yesterday ? Well of course, that connot happen. But the same crook can call webhosts each day and say, gimme some websites, my name this thelma, third trailer on the left and i need 5 banks, 3 escrows, and 10 shipping company registrations. How can this go on for years and they play dumb ? Only if they making mney pretending they don't know. Whose money is it ? Not mine, i am too smart. But my Aunt Minnie, she will fall for it. And then she won't have any money to leave me when she goes to heaven. Please help me keep my aunt minnie from being fooled out of my inheritance ? Tell these people to stop it.

http://members.cox.net/wwos/

http://blog.aa419.org/

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff199279.htm

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:54 am 

Grumpy I do agree with you and that is from the knowledge i have working for a webhost company while I was in Florida. You have to be so careful who you deal with in the webhosting business. There are several things that everyone should ask when thinking of hosting with a company.

1. How serious are you about preventing fraud?

2. How private are my records? do you have limited access to my personal information to only those employees who need to see it?

3. Do you allow the following: HYIP sites? Live Streams? Sites from other countries?

4. Do your foreign customers have to prove identity?

5. What fraud prevention measures does your company take?

The company I worked for had a program attached to the billing called Fraud Guardian, let me tell you they had it tweaked way tight too. If the customer was more than 100 miles from the billing location and fraud guardian didnt like information provided they had to call to verify the account information and fax proof of ID to the offices.

IF they say they allow HYIP sites RUn dont walk, that is a scam in and of itself and that means the company condones scamming. Where I worked HYIP sites, Phishing Sites you name it were NOT allowed and if we found out someone was running one that site went down immediately, we didnt play games.

As with any service or product YOU the consumer need to do a certain amount of due dilligence on your part too. Know what to ask, who to ask it of and how to read responses.

Look for hesitations in answering, this could mean they do not know the answers to your questions.

Listen for voice inflections or tone changes. Usually someone who is against something or who is making a point will lower the tone of the voice and get more stern when saying yes or no.

Long holds mean the employee is searching for answers, simple questions should not require long holds. EVERY employee should know the Terms Of Service agreement without having to place a customer on hold to review it first.

As far as service itself, check out claims such as: 24/7 phone support... call them at 3am see if they really do answer the phone, email support... send in a request email for information and see how long it takes to get a response. A good host will have the staff to be on top of these things and answer the phones promptly when they claim to be open.

NEVER be afraid to report a site to a host that you suspect is fraudulant, in the case of very large companies like the one I worked for, you cannot visit every site every day to monitor legitimacy, many companies rely on outside eyes and ears to report problem sites so that they can shut them down and investigate.

Post subject: obvious example
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:17 pm 

http://www.frunzamica.com/index.php

the host says they have no complaint that the owners of that site have commited fraud so they have no way to close it.

so if there is a big hole in the road we cannot fix it till somebody drives into it and dies.

i want us to form an organization like madd or riaa that can sue this host today to get the records of who paid for this and how. and force the hosts to stop taking this crooked money or just go out of business. i have read years of victim complaints and the time for strong legal action against the hosts is now.