ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Now does this smell, or am I just jumpy??
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:35 pm 

I was on ebay last night looking for cars for sale. I came across an ad for a 1929 Model A Roadster. He had a buy it now for $4,000. The car is worth about $20,000. I sent him an email asking for more pictures of the car. This morning I went back to ebay, and the ad was gone.. In his ad last night he listed to email him at lynnsmithchevy. He also said that that email address was rather slow, and that you could get a hold of him at this other address.. Well he emails me tonight with other pictures, and that he wants to do the intire transaction threw ebay. He wants from me my complete address. He said that once he gets that then ebay will cntact me with the information on buying the car.. I never said that I wanted to buy the car.. I just asked for more pictures of the car. First in his ad he said the car was in Tx, and it would be shipped from there. In the email he sent me he says the car is in Beverly Hills Ca.!!! Somehow something doesn't seem quite right here. I havde emailed ebay to see if they know if this guy is legit. I also went to Google and typed in Lynn Smith Chevy. It comes back as a Chevrolet dealership in Tx. I emailed them as well to see if this guy is one of there salesmen. If not they should check to see who is using there name.. I am waiting to hear from someone to see if I should send this guy my Name, and Address.. What does anyone think?? Thanks.. Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:22 pm 

First off EBay "does not" do business with a bidder directly so that's a red flag right there. The only way to do business thru EBay is directly thru the auction itself. Anyone can send an email making it appear to come from EBay and that's what this person is trying to do. Next asking you for personal information "before" an auction win or in his case a sell thru EBay is red flag number two. This is obviously a scammer. They put up an phoney auction hoping someone will contact them then they pull it and try to make a sale thru a phone EBay email before EBay finds out about it. Cease any further contact with them. And I cannot stress this enough but never ever give out any personal information to someone you don't know. Like the saying goes, if it seems too good to be true it probably is too good to be true.