ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SCAMMING PEOPLE AT E-BAY
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:23 pm 

This was sent to me by someone that almost got scammed by the cashier's check scam. It looks like they are trying ebay now. Please pass it on to whomever you think this info might be useful to.

Save Address

To: demeos@att.net
Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #2440367860
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 02:08:21 +0100 (CET) [View Source]

Hello there,
I want to tell you that the item is in perfect conditions for working and comes with a clear title.It will come with waranty fully transferable to your name.It will come with the receipt from the authorized dealer and there will be no problem for you to use the warranty.
The item is in perfect cosmetic and engeen conditions and comes with 0 miles
Look here all the details I think you need to close this deal quick and succesfully.I'm sales representative for US corporation that trades with it products and since the end of November l'm working for its italian branch.
THE BUY IT ! NOW PRICE IS $3000 WITH SHIPMENT INCLUDED and you can buy
it without winning the auction.
Right now l'm located in Napoli (country: Italy ) and here I met my source directly in the factory.
Shipping:
l will ship via FedEx but you can choose other mail carrier .lt usually takes 48 hours till the package arrives to your door. l will cover the shipping and insurance costs.
Payment:
l'm a serious seller with more than 2 years of experience in this field.
l'm a fair trader with a very good feedback on ebay which is the proof that l have closed a lot of sucessful deals.During this period l learned that the best deals are closed when the risk involved is minimum.
You will arrange payment through western union(http://www.westernunion.com)
I have something safe for you because I want you to be sure that you will receive the product and I hope we will colaborate in future too because I want to develop this bussines as soon as possible.
Look what I can do for you:
-you will make the transfer to my location(Napoli,Italy ) but not to my name(you will use your wife name for example as receiver's name)so you can be sure that i will not pick up the money untill you get the product.
So you make a deposit at western union and you will give me the transfer's details(SENDER NAME,RECEIVER NAME,MTCN) so i can check that the deposit was made.
After i verify I will send you the product imediatly and email you the tracking number from FedEx.
-only after you will receive the product and check it if it ok you will have to change the of the transfer to my name so i can collect my money.So untill you will have the product in your hands the money will be deposited on your best friend's name at western union agent.
I think it is better to not inform western union that you will change the receivers name in a few days because it is possible they to ask you to pay the fees twice.
My old buyers of course make the transfer at western union direct to my name which is easier and i will be happy if you can trust in me but because it is our first deal i proposed you this very safe and efficient method so you can only deposit the money first and after you get the product to allowed me to cash it.
Probably this payment method it is not very familiar to you but since i am in Italy (where is a lot of birocracy ) l have used it for many times and each of my customers being satisfied and l have to admit that it is most efficient process to go through.
Return policy: 20 days.my suppliers only approved this kind of deal and thay is why i have to do only this way.
If you are are agree ! with what i was telling you,first of all i need your full name and a ddress,so i can make a reservation at UPS service and you will have the package in 48 hours at your place.
Mail me asap ,if you are still interested!
Have a nice day!

demeos@att.net wrote:
Is this the same machine that was located in forest hills NY and also in FL. Were is the machine located at now. I would consider taking a look at it. If you don't mind me asking why are you willing to take 4000.00 for a 30,000 plus machine. Thank You tony
--------------------

Question from: funwithargos
Title of item: 2002 ARGO ATV CENTAUR/ARGO 8X8
Seller: billperch
Starts: Oct-30-03 09:21:15 PST
Ends: Nov-04-03 09:21:15 PST
Price: Starts at $4,000.00
To view the item, go to: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2440367860

Visit eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM at http://www.ebay.com

Yahoo! Messenger
Nueva versión: Super Webcam, voz, caritas animadas, y más ¡Gratis!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:31 pm 
Ebay scams also involve FAKE ESCROW WEBSITES for payment. This forum http://www.sos4auctions.com is great for any questions regarding Escrow transactions.

Post subject: Best Policy Dealing On Ebay
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:34 pm 

There are several things a buyer on ebay can do to be a little more protected.

1. Look at the sellers rating, read feedback on the seller. Look for people who are complaining about things such as slow shipping, not getting their item etc. If I even see one comment like this I pass that seller up and do not bid.

2. Look at the overall ranking, I personally do not bid on items if the seller is under a 200 ranking. This tells me he/she has been around a while. 300+ is usually a power seller ranking meaning they are proven to ebay to be trustworthy and in good standing.

3. Some sellers work with Verisign or are a member in good standing with and display the logo of Safe Harbor. This is a good sign that the seller may be trustworthy.

4. If the seller says they are in another country and will accept only Western Union. NO DICE! Chances you wont see your product.

5. I generally like to pre test the seller, ask a question about the product and see how long it takes them to get an answer back to me.

6. In the feedback area the name of the people who buy from this seller are listed, you can always message one off of the site and ask how their experience was.

There are never any guarantees that you wont get burned on EBAY but taking extra precautions will help to ensure that you have a greater chance of the deal going through without problems.

I dont like escrow accounts because so many can turn up fake, simply tell the seller that you will faithfully pay for the transaction via payment services such as paypal, or by sending them payment.

NEVER allow a seller to talk you into giving your account name or password for paypal, and remember paypal generally wont back international transactions outside of the United States. That means if you get stiffed you wont see them refund your money.

Whenever possible get full contact details on the seller: Name, Address, Phone Number should something happen you at least have something other than their ebay ID to go by.

As far as western union if you must pay that way, do so over the phone using a credit card. Should something go wrong you can cancel the transaction on your credit card and be reimbursed from your card company. If you take cash in you will not have a prayer of ever seeing that money again.

Hope this helps

Happy Holidays Everyone

Karyn

Post subject: scams on ebay
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:52 am 
recently there have been many scams on ebay most i have found are in the atv 4 wheelers and also in the snowmobile sections .these scams all have a at a really low price, all are new items 2003,s all sellers have a very good rating of 99+. some how the sellers accounts were compromised.in other words they didnt place the adds. i contacted ebay security and reported it to them. but the adds kept appearing ,even a week later ???????.it might be possible someone inside of ebay is involved in the scams??????.i had several sellers??contact me an said that they were in europe and that the item was in canada in a wherehouse.and to send the money to a western union in poland.beware of very cheap items on ebay????????