ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Questions on how to recover
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:45 am 

I just found out I got scammed on the 12daily pro/ Stormpay/ netiba deal. I signed to Netiba because of Stormpays recommendation that it is a verification system to prevent online fraud. 12daily pro was a netiba member also and recieved and made payments through stormpay. Anyway, now the whole thing has been found out and 12dailypro and Stormpay are blaming each other. I don't know who to trust. Stormpay says if I issue a chargeback on my credit card that I'm legally libel and could be sued as well as lose any right to a potential refund, but I don't know if that is a delay tactic to keep me from filing a chargeback in a timely manner that can be honored by the consumer protection the Credit Card already has in place. What should do? Wait for a refund from Stormpay or file a chargeback with the credit card company? As I have been rather unwise in hindsight I'd like some good advice on a wise course of action here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:06 pm 

Tyler I highly doubt that stormpay will do anything, I would talk to my credit card company about this ASAP. Do not allow stormpay to tell you what you have a right to do or not to do, get it from your credit card company first hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:17 pm 

I've just recently learned about the 12DailyPro/Stormpay problem and just wondered a few things.

I am curious how 12DailyPro explained how they must make more than 12% each day on investments in order to pay members 12% a day and remain profitable.

With the best online savings account rate at about 4.25% annually, (which is much higher than any local bank), didn't you suspect something was wrong in order for you to make 12% of your investment each day for simply watching a computer screen for 5-10 minutes?

Maybe I am partly jealous that I missed out by being skeptical when 12DailyPro was making payments as promised, but now I am relieved that I decided to go with regular methods for savings/investing like savings, IRA's, CD's etc rather than autosurfing which definitely looks to me to be a modern version Ponzi scheme. If everyone wanted to cash out at any one given time, 12DailyPro would have failed many months ago, well before Stormpay froze funds at the request of the Feds.

Also if you know of any sites that aren't unhappy member's of 12DailyPro/Stormpay member's message boards so I may understand the situation better, please provide me some links. I'd like to learn the whole story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:26 pm 

is this one of those HYIP scams?

Those things are really beginning to be a nightmare, a webhost company I work with has had to ban any site that has anything to do with HYIP. It is a nightmare, that too is a ponzi scam.