ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SEEKINCHINA company
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:47 am 

Hello, HAS ANYONE DEAL WITH SEEKINCHINA COMPANY, CAN I TRUST THEM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:13 am 

i was wondering the same thing, have you delt with them yrt. I want to do a transaction but want to be sure they are trustworthy. thx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:58 pm 

have either of you placed orders yet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:17 am 

no, i have not waiting for some feedback. Almost sounds to good to be true. So i'm a little hesitant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:06 pm 

that's how I feel. There is a thread about chinagarment online, that says that seekinchina is the same company as chinagarment online. And that this company has scamed a lot of ppl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:22 pm 

I have been doing some research on seekinchina, and I can't seem to find anything that relates them with a scam. But you could try ordering a sample or a small minimum order. I find that a lot of these types of companies are not legit. Try to find someone who will let you order a small minimum order, or a sample.

Post subject: legit
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:29 am 

thay are legit had 3 orders so far with them

Post subject: seekinchina is a scamer!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:16 am 

Do not buy from http://www.seekinchina.com~ They are scammers! Sent them $1790 and never received anything! Beware of the man named Winner! He will take your money and run!

Post subject: Scammed By Chinese? We can help
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:24 pm 

Hi I represent a company called CNY Corp (cnycorp.com). We have been working here in China for a little over five years now and what we do basically is use our knowledge of China and the Chinese culture to collect money for those who have been wronged.

I myself came here from New York on a mission to get my own money back and have been offering my services to other every since. We do charge a fee for our services. If the services are successful then we keep the fee and 2% of what is collected. If we close the case unsuccessfully then the fee is refunded to you through the payment processor.

The fastest case has been less than a day and the slowest if we proceed through the legal system could be up to two years. Most of the time we do attempt to convince the accused to pay upfront right then using various tactics of collections, our next step is to offer the acceptance of payments and finally we take it to court where if given the proper evidence, bank transfer reciepts, western union receipts, or other payment receipts along with your sworn testimony usually (85%) come out in a good mood.

The laws and system is a little different here than in America or Europe or the U.K, but there are justice systems in place and these matters can and will be addressed.

If you would like to file a claim with us we are more than happy to review it. We begin the investigation process as soon as you give us the information to make sure the people have not vanished. We usually simulate a possible purchase and begin negotiations with the person for purchase of their product or service before confronting them with the issue we are most interested in. Getting justice for you.

Michael
cnycorp@cnycorp.com
http://www.cnycorp.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:02 pm 
Gold Member

Scam!!!!!!!!!
I visited their website and had to laugh at the links page, where a link to this website was present, but they had referred to it as 'Scam Victions'!!!

Post subject: Spelling Error corrected
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:06 pm 

A spelling error by our assistant (English As a Second Language). I apologize.

Even so, a spelling error hardly constitutes a reason to believe that the company is a scam. Perhaps your skepticism is taking a turn towards cynicism.

Beyond a spelling error, you sir have no justifiable evidence what-so-ever to label us as a scam. I do hope that this comment is followed up with the realization that the claim may have been a mis-judgement on the part of the author.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:20 am 
Gold Member

Website gives no mention of who is behind this company, the address of the company, telephone/fax number or even email address. This is not the hallmark of a website for reputable company. Further, the reference to ScamVictims United now states:

"Scam Victims United is not associated with Cny Corp however they are respected and worth mentioning"

Do you have the permission of this webiste owners to use their name and logo in anyway?

Until it is possbile to validate the credentials of Cyn Corp and their intentions, the savvy people who frequent this board will treat them in the same way as any other poster who has claimed they can assist in recovering money from a scammer - on the balance of probabilities
it's another scam.

Post subject: Understandable
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:44 pm 

Disregarding the Copyright comments and jumping to the point.

It is fair to say I agree that it would be best for any individual to be skeptical of a company they have not heard of, but not necessarily to the point of labeling that company automatically as a scam.

As far as the contact information is concerned. Clients are able to login and see more information. But we screen our possible clients very carefully before allowing our safety to be at risk. Please understand, a collections agency blaming individuals and companies for fraud and theft in a country that is not always governed by a legal system is quite dangerous, and for the safety of myself and our staff that information will never be posted to the public.

We work within the limits of the culture, and sometimes for us to get our clients money back for them it requires us to work within the limits of the culture, but outside the limits of the established legal system. This creates a potential threat to our safety so we are careful in our presentation, research, investigations, and claims. The type of people who are willing to commit fraud are usually not the type of people who are willing to come into our offices on an invite, and have a cup of coffee with us while we negotiate a payment plan.

With that said, I hope it does clear up any confusion and hopefully give you a better understanding of why we are set up the way we are.

Sincerely
Michael
http://www.cnycorp.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:51 am 
Gold Member

"We work within the limits of the culture, and sometimes for us to get our clients money back for them it requires us to work within the limits of the culture, but outside the limits of the established legal system. "

So you admit that you see criminal behaviour as nothing to be ashamed of. Exactly what behaviour is unacceptable to you, if criminal behaviour isnt?

Post subject: Wits
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:42 pm 

You must understand this is not the United States.. if there is no law to state it is criminal behavior then it is NOT criminal behavior. You're looking at the world through American glasses, and that is why it doesn't make sense because the world is not created around the ideas of the American culture. Do we do some things that may not be acceptable in the United States? Yes. Are they acceptable here? Yes. See the difference?

We are here to get our clients money back when they have been victimized. ie to help people. And you sir are treating me as if I stole your cookie. I thought perhaps this Scam Victims United was about affirmative action, and taking a stance against fraud, not about sitting around and being afraid of the world.

So, to answer your question, what type of behavior am I ashamed of? I'm ashamed of calling my client and telling them that we have to offer a retainer refund because we are unable to get their money back for them. Because of that, we do what ever we have to do to make things right, right for our client.

I've never had a client look into it much as to how we get their money back, because they are happy to see something done where otherwise they would have felt this feeling of loss indefinitely. Not a good feeling.

Let me tell you a story. Once a gentleman from the Denmark called me and he said,

"I lost my fathers entire company because my supplier didn't deliver their products. We're going to have to close our shop, my father has ran it all of his adult life and he gave it to me when he retired, and now I have lost everything, all of his work, all of his effort because I wasn't careful."

Basically what had happened is he made a large order, the supplier stole his money. There was nothing he could do. So he called us.

I accepted the case. I did my job. And I sent a bank transfer to my client around a month and a half later when I received the payment. The sound of my clients voice was well worth the "I did my job" actions during the investigation.

If I could have taken the third party to court, I would have. But no court system here would try the case because of the details of the situation.

I do hope that does bring a little more understanding to you sir.