There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:33 am 
Gold Member

"We work within the limits of the culture, and sometimes for us to get our clients money back for them it requires us to work within the limits of the culture, but outside the limits of the established legal system. "

".. if there is no law to state it is criminal behavior then it is NOT criminal behavior."

The established legal system IS the law - they are one and the same.

I am not an American - heavens, what made you think that?

There is no way for anyone to validate your intentions and claims, due to the cloak of anonymity you choose to hide behind. However, the following registration information for cnycorp.com is publicly available:

Registrant:
Michael Dmay
9 East Loockerman
Dover, Delaware 19901
United States

Registered through: CheapDomain4u.com (Dass Properties, Inc)
Domain Name: CNYCORP.COM
Created on: 05-Feb-04
Expires on: 05-Feb-07
Last Updated on: 21-Jan-06

Administrative Contact:
Dmay, Michael infini@infinitysecured.com
9 East Loockerman
Dover, Delaware 19901
United States

Technical Contact:
Dmay, Michael infini@infinitysecured.com
9 East Loockerman
Dover, Delaware 19901
United States

Domain Name: CNYCORP.COM
Registrar: WILD WEST DOMAINS, INC.
Whois Server: whois.wildwestdomains.com
Referral URL: http://www.wildwestdomains.com
Name Server: NS1.INFINITYSECURED.COM
Name Server: NS2.INFINITYSECURED.COM
EPP Status: clientDeleteProhibited
EPP Status: clientRenewProhibited
EPP Status: clientTransferProhibited
EPP Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Updated Date: 21-Jan-2006
Creation Date: 04-Feb-2004
Expiration Date: 04-Feb-2007

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:51 pm 

Now this is interesting. The copyright on the botton of the cnycorp.com site says 2003 which means you should have been around at least since 2003, yet this is G o o g l e's cache of http://cnycorp.com/ as retrieved on Apr 3, 2006 00:25:51 GMT.
http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:ciP ... =clnk&cd=1

So this page that this domain is now pointing to appears to be only a couple of weeks old. Also it appears that the owner of the domain lives in the United States and has owned this domain since 2004, sorry but there's just way too many red flags here, I have to agree with maninthestreet, this doesn't fly with me either. 8)

Post subject: Site Design
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:34 pm 

You have no idea of the legal system. The "established legal system" doesn't exist the same way as in developed countries. (ie change from U.S. example)

If there is a legal system, it must be enforced to be valid. If it is not enforced it is just a piece of paper. Maybe you could do some more research on China.

I am from the United States, I already explained why I came here to China.

The domain is exactly as old as the copyright says. The site design is new, like you say. We did have the service listed as a sub-domain of another site. I am the owner who is an American, and I'm in China, not too difficult to figure out.

Have a good day.

Michael
http://www.cnycorp.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:53 pm 

Then if you mediate between businesses in China and New York, what are you doing on this site? This site is for people who were scammed..... who received fraudulant checks, Western Union fraud transfers, etc. Most of these scammers come from countries other than the US and China. So I'm assuming you would not be of much help to 98% of the the people that post here. So again why are you even posting here? Are you a scam victim as the title of this site suggests? This site is for people who have been scammed and to help educate those to as to what to watch out for and possibly prevent them from being scammed too. An arbitration company that deals with businesses that are having trouble collecting debts is not the same thing as what is going on here and makes your service irrelevant here. Unless you're a victim of a scam or can go into the jungles of Nigeria or other third world countries to collect the thousands of dollars for the people here who have, for the most part, lost everything and could not afford your services anyway, I just don't see the reason for you advertising your "arbitration" business here. Most people here have been thru enough grief, some have filed bankruptcies, had their credit distroyed and some have even been arrested so they don't need people coming around saying they can help when they obviously cannot. If you could then you'll have accomplished what the FBI, Secret Service, Scamsafe, the IFCC, the FTC among others and other countries including China could not, and that would be impossible. Scammers would have dissappear a long time ago if this was even remotely possible. It's a thriving business because they can and do still get away with it! If you want to be helpful, then help by educating people about these type scams that are portrayed here on this site as only education can help eradicate the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:59 am 
Gold Member

Totally agree Ximora.
Touting for business on this forum should not be allowed - given the nature of the forum, this is open to a abuse by scammers offering 'recovery' services that are simply another scam.
This forum needs a 'report this post' option so that the forum adminstrators can take action against any inappropriate posts.

Post subject: Re: seekinchina is a scamer!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:04 pm 

what about wearonline.net, name ios Andrew Wang does anyone know if thay are scammers?

Post subject: a certification of seekinchina .com
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:57 am 

hi, we do business with seekinchina.com for so many years and they are so good quality of product, so good service, from my friend , i know this forum, it is said that seekinchina.com is bad website, i am so angry , i want to tell you business people, seekinchina.com is honest and trust busienss company , pls don't worry , you can try to do business with this website, you can get so good quality product, also good service !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:19 pm 
Gold Member

And how do we know what you are saying is in fact true? How do we validate what you are telling us?

Post subject: Re: a certification of seekinchina .com
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:12 am 

I have had many emails sent to me from seekinchina, funny you sound just like them, are you sure you don't work there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:13 am 

Hello,
I am new to this forum, and found it by looking for other victims of seekinchina.
They robbed me of over $650, didn't send me a thing, told me that the package was sent back to them, and asked me other $250 to ship it again.
Since it was an order done with some friends of mine, and $650 was only my part, but they stole my friends too, I asked them several times, by MSN and email to send me the correct invoice with all the items included in the package.
They never did.
It was funny how could they know exactly how much I should send them for the shipping, but not what was in the package.

I preferred to lose it all, then to give them other $250 to get nothing.

Just beware of them!

Post subject: SO NOT TRUST SEEKINCHINA OR WINNER OR ANGEL
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:52 am 

THEY ARE ALL SCAMMERS THEY NEVER SENT ME MY ITEMS THEY SENT ME A BOX FULL OF CRAP AND A TRACKING NUMBER TO MAKE ME BELEIVE IT WAS SENT>>> WHATEVER..THEY HAVE NOT GIVEN ME A REFUND AND THEY DO NOT TALK TO ME ANYMORE>>> THEY ARE SCAMMERS LETS WORK TOGETHER TO SHUT THEM DOWN>