There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RMG Technologies
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:07 am 

Freedom from Debt
Has anyone heard of this company, RMG Technologies? They state they guarantee to lower your interest rates on credit cards and save you $2.500.00 in interest.

They charge your credit card a $695.00 fee which is refundable if they can't save you $2,500.00 interest. They act on your behalf to negotiate lower interest rates with your vendors.

Please advise if anyone has knowledge of this company which is located in Altamonte Springs, FL.

Thank You for any advice.
Dummy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:17 am 

I have the same question you do regarding RMG Technologies. Problem is (potentially) they have debited my Visa and have sent me the information to reply with all my financial information. I am now with second thoughts and wondering if I have been scammed. Have you heard anything further about this company and their legitimacy? Have I been duped?

Post subject: Re: RMG Technologies
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:20 pm 

SailMeAway wrote:
I have the same question you do regarding RMG Technologies. Problem is (potentially) they have debited my Visa and have sent me the information to reply with all my financial information. I am now with second thoughts and wondering if I have been scammed. Have you heard anything further about this company and their legitimacy? Have I been duped?

Hi,
I sent all my financial information requested. After a week, RMG called me to set a date to be available at a particular time. I set a date and time and a representative from RMG had me in a 3-way call to each of my credit card companies and tried to have them lower their interest rates. Only one lowered it by 2%. The rep told me she would try once more in a month.

In the meantime RMG sent me a budget. The rep told me I would definitely get a refund as they couldn't save me $2,500.00/year in interest payments.

I'll keep you posted.

Dummy :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:27 am 

I too got an unsolicited call, last Tuesday and was advised I would be contacted in 48 hours by a company representative to work with me and my credit card companies to reduce rates. For the next 3 days I called these guys and always got "Customer Service" who couldn't put me through to anyone but was more than willing to take my number and have me wait for a call back. Finally, late Friday, after a threat to contact a laywer and cancel the credit card transaction, someone was amazingly available to talk with me and I have a rate reduction session schedules for Monday 10AM. I'll advise how it goes.

Post subject: Re: RMG Technologies
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:33 am 

Something else. Did you receive anything from these guys? I was promised a confirming email and am yet to receive anything.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:31 am 

I was never promised a confirming email. I never had to call them, they called me and sent me a financial packet which I filled out and mailed back to them.

They called to confirm receipt of my information and then set up a schedule to have a 3-way conversation with my credit card companies. The RMG rep asked to have my interest rates lowered but only one did.

The rep told me I would be receiving a financial planning budget for my own use to help me pay off my credit cards within 5 yrs. The rep also said she would try once more in a month and if she didn't obtain the $2,500.00/yr. in interest savings, I would be entitled to a full refund.

I will advise everyone if I receive my refund (I know they can't get the credit card companies to lower their rates to save me the promised $2,500/yr. savings in interest). If I don't get the refund, I will call my credit card company they charged and tell them I paid for services not rendered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:44 am 

OK I too have been a victim of this scam....but the information they have given me on the packet is not valid nor is the number on the credit card statement. How do I get in touch with these people. All the numbers are disconnected. I have already told my credit card company to challenge the charges for serverices not rendered. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

LEGS

PS. Maybe the BBB needs a call from us to report fraud and throw somepeoples butts in jail for ripping me off..??!!??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:18 am 

I also wanted to mention that if anyone would like to help me in pursuit of these people for criminal charges contact me via email at LEGS4DAYS@alltel.net

I will be contacting the National Fraud Center and the BBB. Furthermore, the Altamonte Spring Local Police Dept for further assitance and information regarding this "so-called" company. There is always a trail fakes leave behind. Not to mention somehow these people received this money that the credit card bvanks paid them from. Somewhere there are answeres. I do not take this lightly, just as you, I am a hard worker and do not intend to have money taken from me. Please feel free to contact me if you feel the same way. The more people who get involved the better the chance of receiving help from authorities. Maybe we can make sure no other innocent people will be victims from these injudice people.

LEGS has spoken!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:25 pm 

Especially to LEGS
I was still awaiting for my full refund of $695.00 from RMG Technologies which was promised to me on August 24, 2005.

I contacted my cc company which is a VISA card and put in a dispute for services not rendered. The VISA representative gave me the hotline # for fraud for VISA. 1-800-VISA-911. I called and the rep said to try once again to get this resolved with RMG Technologies.

He told me if I didn't get any action from them to contact the State Attorney General's Office, the BBB and the National Customer's League Fraud Hotline 1-800-876-7060.

I tried RMG Technologies Customer Service at 1-866-600-1210 and a human actually answered. I asked why I haven't received my Full Refund and he put me through to Michael Stevens, Customer Service Supervisor.

I told him I was expecting to receive my refund since August 24 and still haven't and that I put in a dispute to my cc company and they are investigating the charge for services not rendered. I also told him if I didn't receive my Full Refund of $695.00 that VISA Hotline told me to contact the State Attorney General's Office, BBB and the Natl. Customer's League Fraud Hotline.

He told me he will resolve this issue and credit my VISA card and send my issuing bank for my VISA cc a notice that they are complying with the request to refund $695.00 in my dispute. He said it will take approx. 14 days to have this appear on my bank statement.

He gave me his direct number which is: 1-877-677-0797 Michael Stevens, Customer Service Supervisor & to call him if I had any other problems.

Hope this helps & I'll let you know when I get my refund.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:26 pm 

:twisted: :x :twisted: :x :twisted: :x :twisted:

WHEWWWWWWWWWW am I heated now!!!!

Thank you "Dummy" for all your information. YES the numbers she left are valid!!! But fore warning they will not allow you to speak with him directly unless you persist.

BOY did they not like hearing from me....they were rude and didn't want to listen at all! The customer service rep was nasty and I finally told her that I wasn't going to speak to her or listen to her any longer and she better put me on the phone with someone who could help me. She refused to do so and I warned her that I would continue to call until he answered the phone. FINALLY I got to speak with Mr. Stevens who is a bafoon as well. He told me there was nothing he could do and that I lost money not allowing them to "lower my rates" with his company....well hahahaha I disputed the charges when all the information in the packet was not valid. Not to mention he charged a card that was never activated as well. HOW CAN THAT BE POSSIBLE!!!! After going round and round with him I finally was told that I would receive a refund for services not rendered. He told me on the phone that all of us on this site were full of BULL and making his company out to be something it was not. Now I also called back my Credit Card company to express to them they allowed them to charge a card that was never activated and to FLAG his company in the future for fraudlant charges.

If you have become a victom of this company RMG Technologies or Calculated Planning Technologies in Altamonte Springs....call and speak to Micheal Stevens at the numbers listed in "Dummy" post. They are real! I will make sure to notify every of my refund and if not I will contact the correct authorties to handle this. Feel free to contact me via email if you need any assitance with this....I doubt they want to hear from me again!!!

A VERY HAPPY LEGS!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:06 pm 

Sorry Michael Stevens was so rude to you. I gave out his direct line because I felt if I was given it everyone else should have it.

When I spoke with him, he was very courteous and treated me in a professional and respectable manner. He seemed eager to grant me my refund and didn't even once mention that I wasn't entitled to it.

Maybe it was because I had the 3-way call with the RMG Financial Rep. and she promised that since she couldn't save me $2,500.00 in interest, I was entitled to a refund.

LEGS, did you go through the process of letting them try to lower your interest rates? If not, maybe that is why you had such a hard time. That's still no excuse for Michael Stevens' rudeness.

I am truly baffled how they were able to credit your card when it wasn't activated unless your old card was still in effect. You know how the companies send you a new card prior to your old one expiring.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:23 pm 

My card was not active because back in Dec I was mugged and reported them all stolen. When i received the new card I never activated the card because my interest jumped. It has been over 8 months since i was issued that card.

No I didn't allow them to try and reduce my interest rates. In fact when I called my credit card company about the charge they offered to lower my interest rate by 6 points and give me a better card with a higher limit.

I explained to him that since I was sent this packet and all the information given to me was false I had to do research to find this company and this site is what I found. With that being said, his customer service rep told me that everyone was sent a notification via mail about the change. I, however; never received such papers. The only information I had was that there were people experiencing the same issues I was having and I had no way of contacting anyone. I signed up in the middle of August and when I received the packet all the information was no longer valid....sounded to fishy for me. I called all the numbers I had even the 407 number on my statement (which was disconnected). The url's were not valid either. The only thing that this company name was able to find on the net was this site.

While on the phone with the telemarketer I was told that if I changed my mind I could call back and get a full refund but he advised me I wouldn't want to do that after i saw all the discounts I would receive....HA! Not to mention, that I had 30 days to return the packet to start the process and in my packet I had the choice to cancel at any time. I decided to decline the idea when I couldn't reach anybody by phone, internet, etc... The 800 number you gave me was not the one stated on my packet.

None the less, my bank stated that because the charged a card that was not active I am not liable for the charges. But I will continue to call if the refund is not been given...starting tomorrow willbe day one. By October 7, 2005 I better see a refund (that would be my 7-10 days) or Mr. Stevens and I will go for round two!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:56 pm 

LEGS, I'm glad your credit card company was at fault for allowing a charge to an inactivated card and that you aren't responsible for the charge.

All I know is after I get my refund, I'm not going to sign up for anything over the phone or on the internet. It's just too risky with all these fly-by-night businesses.

I think RMG Technologies is a legitimate company that needs to make major changes in their commitment to their customers and should only charge your credit card AFTER you sign the agreement.

They did misrepresent themselves to me when they called. They said they worked WITH VISA to help VISA customers obtain a savings by lowering the interest rates. In their letter they state, "We, at RMG, are not legal professionals or affiliated with your bank or any other financial institutions."

A good lesson learned! :wink:

Not a Dummy anymore. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:46 pm 

Hi - I also paid RMG Technologies $695.00. They credited my card on August 17th, 2005. I received all of the paperwork, and even went online and entered my entire profile of cards with numbers. I kept receiving an automatic phone msg to call them, but when I would call, they would not answer. I was checking my information online to look for changes and notes regarding my accounts, but did not see any changes. Now the site is down and don't get an answer. The rep I spoke to forever was Erik Eastling....ID#2826. Does that name ring a bell with anyone? I'm in for filing charges against the company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:56 pm 

LEGS: What day did you speak to Michael Stevens and what time did you call? I need to reach someone live. Thanks!