ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Jun 01, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Buying a car from England...Scam or no?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:53 am 

Few days ago I found a really good deal (best you can imagine) on Yahoo autos. I send request for more information to the seller and she came back with the email saying that she is selling it so cheap because her husband got promoted, they moved to England and cant drive it there. She only wants to use BidPay and she told me I have 5 days to try , if I don’t like the car THEY - BIDPAY will refund my money. On their website they said they are not an escrow service. She wants to ship it with Lufthansa air cargo she said, and she would take care of all expenses. Why I think its scam: Why she wouldn’t sell it to someone in any other European Country and don’t bather with shipping overseas. Why she only want to use BidPay, not Pay Pal etc. Plus I gave her my phone number, she don’t want to communicate that way. I think I really found an extremely good deal or I am just a potential victim. What do you think I should do? Even though there is a car VIN provided , I cant be sure it’s valid and legal. Please advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:56 am 
Big scam, stay away. She will spoof your money away. BTW you are more than likely dealing with a guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:10 am 

armac wrote:
Big scam, stay away. She will spoof your money away. BTW you are more than likely dealing with a guy.

That's what I thought in the first place, but deeeep inside I was hoping I can find a cheap car. There is obviously no such a thing as a “great deal” in today’s world. At least I know my bank account is safe! :)