ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This is a "miscellaneous" fraud....
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:07 pm 

Hello all :-)

I am mainly posting this in the hopes that someone else out there may be more fortunate than myself and not be so freakin' trusting! Here's my story

I live in Northern Virginia (along with 1.5 million other loving individuals) and I was scammed yesterday.

I was working out at my local Gold's Gym, and I went outside to get a breath of fresh air. As I was sitting there, an african american gentleman walked up to me and looked as harmless as any other elderly gentleman would. He was between 55 and 60, and he told me his car broke down and asked me if I could give him a ride to the local church to ask the pastor for a ride to his home in West VA.

Being the kindhearted FOOL that I am, I decided to go ahead. We got to the church and *shocker* no one was there. He got back in my car and pleaded with me to help him with the greyhound fare, and promised to pay me back the next day.

Long story short, I gave him the money ($90) and he boogied.

*HOWEVER* one thing he didn't count on- he used my cell phone to try to call his son dying of cancer (should have been a red flag!) but couldn't get thru. The number was saved on my cell phone...

Well, I decided to give the number a call the today (just for giggles) and a guy answered the phone. After chatting a little bit we came to the realization that we BOTH had been scammed by this guy, and for some reason he used this guy's number to scam me.

Not only that but in the EXACT SAME LOCATION at the EXACT SAME TIME...except he was scammed for much more than me. (He wouldn't say how much)

I called the cops, but they said there was nothing they could book him for if they ever did see him, so I was extremely frustrated.

Hopefully this will be a warning to anyone shopping in Annandale VA, and maybe if anyone else was scammed by this guy we could try to get something together....

Thanks for listening
PEACE