ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Want to kill the moss on your roof?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:12 pm 

Mr. Shaun Cranston of Discount Pest Control was given a job to kill the moss on my roof and then he was to install a zinc strip so that moss would not come back. We also had a verbal agreement that he would remove the moss on my roof while he was up there. The negotiated price for this job was $450 dollars. That was 1/22/09.

He came out to spray the moss killer on a day when both my wife and I were at work. He waited until my wife came home and he insisted that he be paid the full amount for the job. He said he would finish the job when the moss was dead. My wife being the trusting person that she is paid him the $450 dollars.

He said he would be back in two to three weeks to finish the job. It has been almost three months since then, the moss that he supposedly sprayed has still has not died. When three weeks went by and we had not heard back from Shaun I started calling him on his cell and home phone two to three times a week. He would not answer my calls nor will he return my phone messages.

At this point I turned in a report to the Better Business Bureau. Then I finally heard back from Shaun Cranston of Discount pest control, he then explained to me he had been refusing to take our calls because my wife left a voice mail message on his cell phone that contained some four letter words he did not like.

I told him I was going to take him to small claims court if he did not come out and finish the job. He told me that would not be necessary, he would come out to the house Tuesday or Thursday to finish the job.

(ps: I am not trying to make excuses for my wife here but the voice message that Mr. Cranston is referring to would have never happened if he would have come back and completed the job when he said he was going to. Or if he would have answered his phone calls or returned our other voice messages in a timely manner it would not have happened either.)

If he did not want to provide service to us then he should have told use he was refunding the balance of our money and to go find someone else. You can't just keep someone’s money and then refuse to ever talk to them again!

After thinking about it I realized that the relationship was just too toxic here and I no longer felt comfortable with Mr. Cranston up on our roof. So I called and then having another discussion with Mr. Cranston we both agreed to cut all our ties and he would refund our money minus $100.00 for his time and moss killer. I cut him the deal of sending me a check for $350 with the understanding that he didn’t kill any moss and I was going to sue him for the full amount if I did not get the check. I did this in the hopes that he would take this opportunity to resolve this issue without wasting anymore of my time.

After a week and no check from Mr. Cranston I called him and told him I have not received a check. He said he had mailed it right away. Since it should only take a day or two he said he would send another check and cancel the other one. I gave him my address again to make sure he had my correct address.

After another week and no check I started calling Mr. Cranston but he has gone back to not answering my phone calls and not returning my voice messages.

The last message I left on his voice mail stated that if I did not receive a check or he did not return my calls I was going to take him to small claims court and that I would turn him into The Oregon State Attorney General Office, The Oregon State Consumers hotline, and Scam Victims United. I left identical messages on his cell and home phone and he has still not responded.

I have great pictures of the moss he did not kill. I made him a deal and gave hive him an easy way to resolve this situation. I am left with no other conclusion other that Mr. Cranston of Discount Pest Control is just running a scam, not a legitimate business. We are not talking about a huge amount of money here but I think he is taking advantage of people and he needs to be stopped.

I have never sued anyone in my life, I would appreciate any information you can give me regarding this matter.

Sincerely

Michael R Lindemood