ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: And YOU thought eBay was bad: IOFFER.COM is WORSE !!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:53 am 

And YOU thought eBay was bad: ioffer is WORSE !!!

I stopped selling DVDs and Blu-Ray on eBay in 2008 when the eBay V.E.R.O became to bad.
The eBay Verified Rights Owner (VeRO) Program got out of hand and forced many sellers offering legal products, like DVDs and CDs, into suspension.

So many then many sellers moved on to ioffer.

We listed 5 brand/new factory sealed Blu-rays on ioffer, we had bought two weeks earlier on Amazon:

Batman Begins [Blu-ray] (2005)
March of the Penguins [Blu-ray] (2005)
Twister [Blu-ray] (1996)
I Am Legend [Blu-ray] (2007)
300 [Blu-ray] (2007)

Two days later we received a notification from the Warner Brother C.O.P.S. (Counter Online Piracy System) that our listings were infringing on their copyright (which is 100% untrue), and our ioffer account was thus terminated.

We contacted the Warner Brother C.O.P.S., provided valid Amazon receipts POP (Proof of Purchase) for all items: WB did not care, or act on our behalf, apart from sending us a useless template suspension message.

ioffer does not care about people being unrightfully and unlawfully suspended sellers, stating it is none of their business: "iOffer Customer Service can not assist you with COPS removed items."

IN MY ENTIRE LIFE HAVE I NEVER BEEN TREATED WITH SUCH BLATANT DISRESPECT, BASICALLY LIKE A SMALL-TIME CROOK, OR CRIMINAL (WHICH I AM NOT)!

Ioffer is dying a slow similar eBay-like death by not standing up for their sellers, and being intimidated by WARNER BROS, for example. It is thus, NOT A VIABLE WEBSITE FOR SELLING, and serious, professional sellers will have to look elsewhere* to list their items.

WARNER BROS (WB) is a company that blatantly violates people's rights as consumer/customer.

You may not want to purchase any Warner Bros. products anymore (Myself, family and friends have stopped!) as WB continues to violate constitutional rights of others under the guise of copyright infringement. WB, today, has become Orwell's BIG BROTHER, it pretends and acts as if it is the police, or law enforcement, when, in all truth, it is just a privately held company, desperate for survival by bullying and intimidating others, and by default, others freedom and legal rights. In that way, WB itself has become involved in illegal activity, which seems to know no boundaries.

So, having said:

start selling and buying at companies*, which are NOT intimidated by VERO, or COPS systems, treat people like human beings and put the customer/consumer first; among them are:

bonanzle.com
ecrater.com
ebid.com

These are growing fastly and will treat you with courtesy and respect, unlike eBay and ioffer, apart from actually being fun and generating sales.
***********************************************************************************
Spread the news, tell all your friends, family, business partners about them!!!!
***********************************************************************************

I am sending this story to all blogs, media outlets and news agencies around the world!

Ken Attkinson
Chicago, IL