ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Online Seller Scam- Anything Can Be Done to get the seller.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:00 am 

My friend bough a Hermes Birkin online at clothesagency.com for his wife. This is a website similar to ebay in terms of listing but with no auctions. He paid with PayPal
The seller said he was from the US.

Anyway my friend had asked for two day expediated shipping.

Two days passed and the seller still had not replied my friend with the tracking number as he has promised to do so.

So my friend contacted clotheagency.com, the website and asked for the seller's name and contact number. My friend call the number and as it turns out there is no such person.

My friend then opened a dispute with paypal informing them of what happened, that the seller used a fake name and fake details and has not provided the tracking number.

The seller replied to the PayPal dispute with a tracking number.

My friend has yet to reply but he says the tracking number that is given is for a shipping company in China. So this is another lie from the seller, he is not located in the US and most likely in Asia.

So what can my friend do?

1) Can he file criminal proceedings in the US against the seller. The lawyer will then have to subpoena PayPal for the seller's real details. Is this possible?

2) Will PayPal take their own action and file criminal proceedings against the seller (in whichever country the seller is from). My friend has yet to reply on the resolution centre that he suspects the bag will be fake since it comes from China and the seller stated he is in the US. But once he provides them this information, is this possible will PayPal take action?

3) Can my friend sue PayPal for not providing protection, and hence force PayPal to either launch criminal proceedings against the seller or provide my friend with the seller's details.

Thanks