ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:49 pm 

I was selling something on craigslist. And the scammer gave me this.

Here are the Steps from the scammer

1. Hello
I will like to know if the item is still available for
sale and also the conditions cause i am intrested in
making the purchase from you.
Okay
thanks

2. Thanks for your response,I'm okay with the condition
and the price of the item and also i am willing to
offer you $80 to end the bid early and consider then
item sold for me, i'll like to proceed with the
payment through USPS MONEY ORDER, But for now you
gotta send me your contact info where i can address
the money order to .
Hope to hear from you asap.
Thanks.

3. i will like you to get back to me now if you have packaged the item ready for shipping since your payment have been approved so i can send the fedex shipping documents which you will print out and attach on the package and once the package is been shipped then you will also recieve your payment that same day.

4. Email addressed from: United States Postal Service® <contactaccountinfo@accountant.com>
The order has been APPROVED, you CAN NOW ship the merchandise to the buyer's shipping address. You are expected to make the shipment within 48 hours of recieving this Payment Confirmation Notification and get to our Customer/Technical Dept. with the shipment tracking number for proper Shipment Verification.
The Money OrderSM will NOT be dispatched or get to your resident until the shipment has been verified. This measure is taken in order to protect both seller and buyer interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities.
* ***PLEASE NOTE***
Due to the fact that United States Postal Service processes thousands of orders daily, United States Postal Service RECOMMENDS contacting the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order directly. This ensures speedy verification of shipment as well as prompt dispatch of Money OrderSM. Send shipment tracking details to : (Contactaccountinfo@accountant.com)
Once shipment has been verified, You will receive a " ORDER DISPATCHED " email from United States Postal Service informing you that the Money OrderSM has been dispatched. Included will be the TIME and DATE payment is to be delivered .

It doesn't look like a legit USPS email.
This is a giveaway and is common sense that it's a scam

Post subject: Postal Money Order Payments® ExpressPaymentSM
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:32 am 

Wow! Am I glad I found this site. It just saved me $900. Watch out for Flory Grind (flory_fine2@yahoo.com), who attempted this fraud on me.

Post subject: Re: Postal Money Order Payments® ExpressPaymentSM
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:05 am 
diamonddl wrote:
Wow! Am I glad I found this site. It just saved me $900. Watch out for Flory Grind (flory_fine2@yahoo.com), who attempted this fraud on me.

Good for you, keep posting about things you see and help others now.

Post subject: beware FLORY GRIND, EDMOND ALTA, MIKE COLLINS
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:29 am 

I am so sorry that I did not research flory grind, edmond alta or mike collins before I sent them $650 through western union. I am so naieve. Like many other posts I have seen on this site, I was contacted through craig's list about an item I was selling. I was told that this guy, Mike Collins, mike_collinz3@yahoo.com, was recently confined to a wheelchair and needed the guitar to pass the time. He told me that a friend would cover the cost and also have fedex come to pick it up. The friend, Edmond Alta, edm_alta@yahoo.com, told me that he was out of the country building houses for habitat for humanity and would mail me a money order for the payment which would arrive in about 14 days. While I was waiting for the payment Eddy sent me an e-mail saying that his assistant had mistakenly sent me an overdraft. I recieved the money order and it was for $750...$100 over what I sold the item for. Eddy was hounding me to cash the money order and wire him the difference so I did my best but no place would cash it. I had to deposit it into my bank account where I was told that it would take 4-6 days to clear. The funds were immediately available but I decided to wait the 6 days anyway. I called my bank twice to make sure that the money was actually in my account and not just "available". I was told TWICE that it was actually there. I then, like an idiot, wired eddy the money. Meanwhile, I was contacted by Flory Grind, flory_fine3@yahoo.com. She had arranged for fedex to come to pick up the item. They couldn't take it because it wasn't packaged properly. They didn't get my guitar, thank god, but they did get my $650. I am mad mostly at my bank. I felt that this might be a scam and I would NEVER have sent that money had they not reassured me that the money was really there. Beware of any dealings with people or establishments in NIGERIA. Don't be a sucker like me. They preyed on my kindness. All I wanted to do was get this guy, who recently lost the use of his legs, something helpful. Look what I got in return. I had no idea that there are people like this in the world.

Post subject: USPS Money Order/Craigs List scam
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:56 pm 

Hey Ya'll,

I thought I would also paste in the response that I have received since yesterday for some items on Craigs list. I didn't get scammed, however, I very easily could have if it weren't for this site.

I posted Deisel jeans on Craigs list and the person offered double what I was asking for. Ok-cool. Then I offered a Michael Kors Jacket that the scammer also wanted. Cool- especially since he offered again double what I paid.

He asked me to give the weight of the items and that they would be sent Fed Ex on his 'expence' (spelled wrong.)

At first I thought it was strange that 1) a man was buying women's clothing, 2) that the name was Eduardo, 3) the email in the confirmation ended in financier.com, 4) that I was to send the merchandise before I receive payment, 5) that they require me to send the merchandise except I never received an address to even send it to!

Who in their right mind ever sends someone a product without payment first. Not in any country do people do this!

I was also unaware that Craigslist charges 100 to the buyer of any auction. haha.

The financier.com address is a front as the links are just to articles and not anything to do with any business. It's also not US based. Nothing about it is legitimate.

Below is the email I received and I hope that it helps keep others from being scammed!

The 'confirmation email' revealed that a money order for 100 was accepted, however, that was not the amount offered or agreed.

Dear ________, (they had my gender wrong)

We thank you graciously for allowing our own (Eduardo Carlos) to use this
mean as a way to pay you.we want to let you know that you will receive
your money before five (5) working days after our customer has received
the item.

Management...

USPS

Thank you for using United State Postal Money Order® this is the
right United State Post office®, your money is $100.00 USD has been
approved for your item on Craigslist "(Deisel Jeans), the money was
paid in by "Eduardo Carlos". And due to the fact that most sellers
don't send out items despite the fact that buyers have paid for the
items, so we made the policy on trust that sellers must ship out
items within 24hours of payment approval.

You are expected to send a copy of an e-mail sent to you by the buyer
as proof of smooth and steady transaction between the both of you.

Below is the address where your postal order will be delivered in
exactly 24/48hours hours, we are expecting you to send us
the tracking number and possibly a scan of receipt as proof of
shipment.

Order Status And Informations:

Order Number:

Auction Payments Order

Available

Order Placed

02/02/2007

Order Status

Money order Available

Money Order Approved

Money Order Confirmed

Billing Information:

Processed successfully

Card Type

MasterCard

Card Number

5***********5279

Exp. Date

07/4/2008

Name on Card

Eduardo Carlos

U.S.P.S
Money Orders: Please send your Money Order by Certified Mail--please
do not confuse this with a certificate of mailing. Also, for US
orders, it is unnecessary to purchase an international Money Order; a
domestic Money Order will suffice. Send money safely and
conveniently. A money order is much safer to send through the mail
than cash because it can only be cashed by the person it's made out
to, and it can be replaced if lost or stolen .
===================================================================================
***ATTENTION***
The order has been APPROVED, you CAN NOW ship the merchandise to the
buyer's shipping address. You are expected to make the shipment
within 48 hours of recieving this Payment Confirmation Notification
and get to our Costumer/Technical Dept. with the tracking number for
Shippment Verification.

The Money OrderSM will NOT be dispatched or get to your resident
until the shipment has been verified. This measure is taken in order
to protect both seller and buyer interests and to reduce the
occurrence of fraudulent activities.

* ***PLEASE NOTE***
Due to the fact that United States Postal Service processes thousands
of orders daily, United States Postal Service RECOMMENDS contacting
the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this
particular Order directly. This ensures speedy verification of
shipment as well as prompt dispatch of Money OrderSM. Send shipment
tracking details to : paysupport@financier.com

Once shipment has been verified, You will receive a " ORDER
DISPATCHED" email from United States Postal Service informing you
that the Money OrderSM has been dispatched. Included will be the TIME
and DATE payment is to be delivered.

This is your code for the postal order, ( 456879314 ). This code will
be asked by the postman before the postal order is deliver to you.

Money Order Security Features

Hold the money order up to the light and look for the following
security features:
Ben Franklin images (watermarks) repeated on the left side (top to
bottom).
A dark security thread running (top to bottom) to the right of the
Franklin watermark, with the tiny letters "USPS" facing backward and
forward
We required a proper verification for shipment, before mailing the
reference number slip of money order.

This is the sample of the postal order which you shall recieve,
we are also expect in return within the next 24hour the shipment
tracking number from you. [IMAGE]The Money OrderSM will NOT be
dispatched or get to your resident until the shipment has been
verified. This measure is taken in order to protect both sellers and
buyers interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent
activities. Because United States Postal Service processes thousands
of orders daily, United States Postal Service RECOMMENDS contacting
the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this
particular Order directly. This ensures speedy verification of
shipment as well as prompt dispatch of Money OrderSM. Send shipment
tracking details to :
[IMAGE]
Thank you for using United States Postal Money Order®. We look
forward to serving your online auction payment needs in the future.
Sincerely, paysupport@financier.com
REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE

United States Postal Service Payments.

USPS Homepage

Post subject: The same thing happened to me today
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:47 pm 

I am selling my cell phone on craigslist. This lady said she will be sending me the money order via the post office. I got this same E-mail. But I new that the post office did not have this on line feature. That you can get a money order but you have to go to the post office to get one. You think this can be trusted. Well I called the fraud department to make sure and see if this is true or not. The confirmed that this was fraud. I am so glad I checked before sending this to them. I was like why would the post office send out my money after me sending the product. I thought that was strange enough. Then I found the site were you down load that E-mail so that you can personaly fraud people. So no this is not just people from out of state the scam is that they get you to send the product before you get the money order. They get your stuff but you never get any money at all.

Post subject: I almost got scammed too ...
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:02 am 

I almost got scammed by the same person TONIGHT. This time he or she went by the name of Abideen Scott. He/she was trying to buy an item I was selling on Craiglist.

This is the email he/she sent to me ...

I am located in Plymouth,NC...if really it is in good condition and also i will pay you extra $50 for to end the posting early bcos of my urgency.I will like to make a quick purchase on the item cos i am using it as a gift to a friends son who is in Lake Forest,California,he is really going to love it.My method of payment is via .. Usps Money order.If ok by you kindly get back to me with your full name and address of where you want the money order to be mailed out to so i can proceed with payment immedaitely.I will take all the shipping responsibilities and i will like the item to be shipped via my fedex account once my payment is confirmed.So you wont need to pay any shipping cost cos all the shipping cost will be billed to my account.So once the payment has been approved and you have recieved the payment confirmation,i will send you the neccessary shipping documents.plz get back to me with your full name and address so that i can proceed with the payment with your confirmed email addy.

I was wondering why he or she only wanted to use USPS and not Paypal or even Western Union. I asked if they could use a different method of payment. This is what he/she said:

I would have loved to pay with paypal but, i cant afford to be burnt twice, visit this site and you would understand better ( http://www.paypalsucks.com).I would proceed with the payment immediately,and Incase you dont know how Usps Money order works, This is how it works, as soon as i make payment with Usps Money order, they will notify both of us that, i have made payment for some amount and they will have to pend it inorder to findout somethings about my payment. As soon as they approved my payment, they will also let you know that, my payment has been approved and a confirmation would be sent to you and also your money order would be mailed to you immediately, the money order would be get to your address in 3 to 5 business day, first class mail to confirm the delivery of your money order. I think its better and safe because, once they approved payment and you have been sent the confirmation, its for sure that the seller or whoever thats involved will definately receive the money order and thats why it takes them hours to approve after pending As for the shipping, you dont have to pay adime for it because i will be responsible for the shipping to destination. Upon confirmation of payment via email, i will send you a fed-ex prepaid shipping label to you which you will paste on the package before fedex comes for the pick up. I will like to read from you if this is okay by you. Let me have your full name and address with your reachable phone number so that i can proceed with the payment.NB please dont forget to end the bid once My payment has been confirmed.thanks

Thank goodness for this website! Either way, I wouldn't sent the item unless I knew the money order was legit. Wish there was a way to track that scammer down!

Post subject: MAN
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:49 pm 

MAN! i am so glad i checked this out! i have a laptop i was going to ship out in the morning! he /she wanted me to run to fedx and drop of asap! and every thing ended with Okay !

Post subject: some links
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:50 am 

here are some links i game up with,here is one of the scammers name
medon olumide < medonolumide2@gmail.com

Auction Payments Order Available

AVAILABLE
Order Placed

23 May 2007
Order Status

Money order Available
Money Order Approved

Money Order Confirmed
Billing Information:

Processed successfully
Card Type

MasterCard
Card Number

5***********5643 WATCH THIS CARD #!!!!!
Exp. Date

4/2009
Name on Card

Medon Olumide
Street Address

22 Rock Crystal Lane
City, State, Zip

2Lakeside Park,KY
Country

USA
Services Purchased:
ONLINE PAYMENT
Total Amount posted to card

$11,190.00
Auction Payments Fee

$10.00
Money Order Amount

$450.00
Shipped by

Second Day Air ($8.00)
Purchased Item Information:

Auction site

Craigslist

http://www.dallasareamoms.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=17996
http://w007.org/images/usps_money_order.pdf
http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2 ... 49b42870b6
http://www.omgili.com/preview/aHR0cDovL ... E2NDA1Mw==
http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/1131 ... _.htm?va=0

Post subject: more scammers
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:16 am 

one more to add to the list of axx holes!! heres the email to start!!!!lol
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your reply concerning my inquiry, Am located at Naveda,United State. Am quite comfortable with your selling price and condition of the item since i won't be making any repairs on it and i am just willing to offer you $430 usd including item packaging . Actually i want to buy this ITEM(s) for my step son to fulfill the promise his dad made before he died,i lost my lovely husband in an auto accident on 7th of May. 2007 and since then i and his step son have been living seperately and i want to buy the item as s surprise gift for him before Nextweek because his dad promised him before death took him away from us and i think with this i and his son can live as a family.

As for the payment,I will preffer making a safe,Fast and secure payment by having the (Us postal service) USPS to issue out (Money order) to you... Kindly get back to me immediately with this necessary required payment (full contact informations) (Name/address/state /city/zipcode) where the money will be sent to,so i can proceed with the payment immediately u get back to me ...

For your information about the shipping ,you won't be paying for any shipping charges b'cos after sending you the payment i will make the shipping plans with the FedEx or Dhl Shippng Company.

Best Regards.
Thx
Hope to hear from you soon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dearxxxxx
Congratulations! United States Postal Service has received your email address from " Princess Eragon " to inform you of the order to have a $430.00 United States Postal Service® branded Postal OrderSM sent to you for the following item "" has been processed and APPROVED:

The financial details of the transaction are stated below:

Your money order is being approved and will be completed once we receive shipping tracking number for verification after shipment documents is sent to you from our despatch department.
What's Next? When you ship item, you will receive an Confirmation email from which you can track the money order) This measure is taken in order to protect both seller and buyer interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***IF WE DON'T RECEIVE THE SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER, YOUR DELIVERY WILL BE STOPPED***
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Status

Order Information

Place Order Date: 31/05/2007
Customer Number: (**********)
Money Order(s): Money Order Number Ship Date
451063442 31/05/2007

Payment Information

- Show quoted text -
Buyer's Contact: Princess Eragon

Buyer's (United States Postal Service®) Account ID:
Account Details
Name: Princess Eragon
- Show quoted text -
Bank Name: First National Bank
Account Number: 4270177568
Payment Method: United States Postal Service®

Total Charges: $430.00

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ele/340779542.html

Last edited by johnny2270 on Thu May 31, 2007 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Mrs. Rose, trying to scam off craigslist, beware
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:35 pm 

Following is the fake USPS email I recieved. This crooks are good, at first glance this looks real. If not for this site, I may have thought it was.

Dear ,

United States Postal Service (U.S.P.S) has received your email address from Mrs Rose to inform you of the order to have a ($900.00) USD ® branded Postal OrderSM sent to you for the following item has been processed and approved:

-----------------------------------------------------
*FINANCIAL DETAILS*
(NOTE: All amounts are in $)
-----------------------------------------------------

Cashed in by : Mrs Rose.
Total USD : $900:00.
Auction Site : Craigslist.
Auction Item : Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop.

==============================================================================
The Money OrderSM will be delivered to your contact information below, Please verify that the name and address (As entered by the buyer) are correct:.

Name
Address
@msn.com .

If there is a mistake in your address,feel free to contact us via our customercare service at:( unitedstatespost_approve@post.com ). Payment Delivery Method:Upon approval,a money order delivered via First Class ® Mail will be received in approximately 2-4 business days, YOU CAN NOW SEND THE ITEM TO THE BUYER.

****PLEASE NOTE****
Due to the fact that we process more than 1000 orders daily,we recomend that before money order can be delivered, you need to forward both shipping tracking # and the order # to our customercare service for money order dispatched. This ensures speedy verification of shipment as well as prompt dispatch of Money OrderSM. Please forward both the tracking # of the shipment and the order # to: ( unitedstatespost_approve@post.com ).

Once shipment has been verified, You will receive a " ORDER DISPATCHED" email from United States Postal Service informing you that the Money OrderSM has been dispatched. Included will be the TIME and DATE payment is to be delivered to you. So contact your buyer for necessary shipping document.

This is the sample of the postal money order that will be deliver to you through our United States Postal Services after we might have received the shipment tracking number from you regarding the merchandise.

Order Confirmation Receipt:

Thank you for using United States Postal Service. We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,
Postal Money Orderâ„¢.

United States Postal Service Payment Is Supported By.............

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REPLY TO THIS MAIL IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM.

***PAYMENT APPROVED***

Thanks for Using the United States Postal Service This is to Confirm the Payment Made By Mrs Rose.

Post subject: Here is something I recieved from someone on the craigslist
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:26 am 

(UNITED STATES POSTAL MONEY ORDER)
CONFIRMATION OF PAYMENT
APPROVED

Congratulations! United States Postal hereby inform you of a money order sent from " Alberto Kingsleyn " to " Miguel Lundy " has been APPROVED for a total payment of $550.00.

Dear Miguel Lundy,
Congratulations! United States Postal Service has received your email address from " Alberto Kingsley " to inform you of the order to have a $550.00 United States Postal Service® branded Postal OrderSM sent to you for the following item " Brand New HP Computer " has been processed and APPROVED:
The financial details of the transaction are stated below:

Your money order is being approved and will be completed once we have receive shipping tracking for shipment verification and authorized your method of payment
What's Next? When you ship out Merchandise, you will receive a Confirmation email from which you can track the money order, This measure is taken in order to protect both seller and buyer interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities.
***IF WE DON'T RECEIVE THE SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER, YOUR DELIVERY WILL BE STOPPED***

Order Information

Place Order Date: 20/07/2007

Customer Number: (**********)

Money Order(s): Money Order Number Ship Date
(45106344283) 20/07/2007

Payment Information

Buyer's Contact: Alberto Kingsley

Buyer (USPS) Account ID:
Account Details
Name: Alberto Kingsley
Bank Name: First National Bank
Account Number: 4270177568

Payment Method: Pay USPS Online

Total Charges: $550.00

Seller Information

Seller Contact: Miguel Lundy

Seller Phone Number: None

Seller Address: P.O. Box 673
Pheonix, OR 97535

Shipping Method: Business Day Home Delivery

Order Detail

Item Description Price Quantity Total Price

Brand New HP Computer $550.00 1 $550.00
Subtotal: $550.00
Shipping and Handling: $0.00

Tax Total: $00.00
Total:

$550.00

***IF WE DON'T RECEIVE THE SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER, YOUR MONEY ORDER DELIVERY WILL BE STOPPED***

Delivery Service **USPS Delivery Post-Man**
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to the fact that United States Postal Service processes thousands of orders daily, United States Postal Service RECOMMENDS contacting the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order directly. This ensures speedy verification of shipment as well as prompt dispatch of Money OrderSM. Send shippment tracking details to our online customer care email at : ( letter_of_approval@post.com)

MONEY ORDER CODE
***Approved***

BUYER SHIPPING OPTIONS:
FEDEX SHIPPING, USPS GLOBAL EXPRESS.

If we do not hear from you as soon as expected the payment will be returned back to the buyer. We will be awaiting you to ship the Merchandise and Email us the shipment tracking number so that we can send out your payment toyour contact home address for delivery .With this no buyer can stop payment with a false claim that there is no longer any transaction between the two of you after you might have shipped.We are your mediator,we stand between both the buyer and the seller because we have our reputation to protect.

Thank you for using United States Postal Service Money Order Payments® ExpressPaymentSM. We look forward serving your Online Money Order Payments® needs in future.

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR ONLINE CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE. THIS IS A VALID EMAIL THAT WILL LEAD YOU TO OUR ONLINE SERVICE ASSISTANT POWERED BY MAIL.COM, OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE PROVIDER.

United States Postal Service Payments..

Sincerely,
United States Postal Service.

Thank you for using United States Postal Service Money Order Payments® ExpressPaymentSM. We look forward serving your Online Money Order Payments® needs in future.

--
Enter the Bourne Ultimatum Sweepstakes
View Trailer, Win Free Prizes. In Theaters 08.03.07

Post subject: Ditto!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:04 pm 

My husband and I recently started up a computer company. In an effort to jump start sales of our computer systems, we posted our listing on craigslist. Just like all of you, we received several emails from various people wanting to buy the system and even offered to have someone come and pick up the system. They also always tried to pay through the USPS Money Order Process, and we even received a "verification email". Luckily, I ready through this email carefully and it just didn't look legit to me. I ran the full name of the service that the buyer claimed to use through google, and found this message board. I'm so glad that you guys posted about this. I can't afford to lose a brand new computer system!

I am posting the emails that I received both from the buyer and the USPS, so that maybe someone else will recognize it and not fall for this scam. Thanks for your help everyone!

The email that I received from the potential buyer looked like this:

Hello, is this still available for sale? if it is, I will like to buy it. I am from WI, and also I am offering you $700 for this Computer, the extra amount is for the packaging cost. I already made an arrangement on sending you cash through the United State Postal Services (USPS) whereby they will come and deliver your money to you at your residence on my behalf in 2 -3 business days, and when my payment is confirmed and approved, then I will start to make an arrangement on sending fedex to come pick it up for me at your contact address. For me to complete the payment, I will need your name, address, city, state so as to know where I am sending payment to. If my offer is welcomed, please get back to me with the infos which i requested for asap for the payment to be completed cos i want to send it to a friend of mine.
Note: I will take care of the shipment with my fedex acct.
Thanks.

And the email that was supposedly from the USPS looked like this:

UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICES
PAYMENT APPROVAL

United States Postal hereby inform you of a money order sent from " Kingsley Bobby " to " Beth A. Krahulec " has been approved for a total payment of ($700).

Dear Beth A. Krahulec,

The United States Postal Services (USPS) congratulates you that the payment made by your buyer " Kingsley Bobby " as payment for " AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9GHZ-1GB DDR2 ENDEAVOR 2100 CUSTOM DESKTOP ", has been has been successfully processed and has consequently been APPROVED.

*FINANCIAL DETAILS*
(NOTE: All amounts are in $)
Auction Site: http://www.craigslists.org
Item Description: AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9GHZ-1GB DDR2 ENDEAVOR 2100 CUSTOM DESKTOP.
Amount Posted: $700:00
TOTAL : $700:00
Date: August 1st, 2007.
==============================================================================
To reduce stress on sellers, we have improved in our sevices to make provision for delivery of payments to Individual Customers' Address. It should be noted that the address given by the buyer is attached for the delivery of this Payment, delivery will be made by our dispatch Rider to:

Beth A. Krahulec

If there is any ERROR in the Name or Address above, please email our customer help center at: letter_of_approvall@post.com
===============================================================================

**ATTENTION**
The order has been APPROVED, you CAN NOW contact your buyer to make the necessary arrangement for shipment of the package bought immediately. You are expected to make the shipment within 48 hours of recieving this Payment Confirmation Slip email and get to our Costumer /Technical Department with the tracking number for Shipment Verification purpose. This Money OrderSM will NOT be Dispatched to your Resident UNTIL the Shipment has been Verified. This measures is taken in Order to protect BOTH Seller and Buyers' Interests and to reduce the Occurrence of Fradulent Activities.

**PLEASE NOTE**
Due to the fact that United States Postal Service processes thousands of orders daily, The United States Postal Service RECOMMENDS contacting the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order directly. This ensures speedy verification of shipment as well as prompt dispatch of Money OrderSM. Send shippment tracking details to : letter_of_approvall@post.com.
If the buyer request that the item be sent to any address other than the one provided, please you can ship the item and notify us immediately. Use our "Contact Us E-mail" and our Service Assistant will help you notify us of the change requested.

NOTE: IF WE DONT RECEIVE THE SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER WITHIN 48 HOURS, YOUR DELIVERY MAY BE DELAYED.

Thank you for using United States Postal Service Money Order Payments® ExpressPaymentSM. We look forward serving your Payments® needs in future.

Delivery Service**USPS Delivery Post-Man**

The United States Postal Service is highly secured by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and is to serve the United States Citizen online payment.

Order Status And Informations:
Order Number: P.O. 9345267438
Auction Payments Order Available Available
Order Placed August 1st, 2007
Order Status Money Order Available
Money Order Approved Money Order Confirmation Notification
Billing Information:
Card Type MasterCard
Card Number 5***********5643
Exp. Date 8/2010
Name on Card Kingsley Bobby
Country United States.

Services Purchased: U.S.P.S Online Payment®
Total Amount posted to card $700:00
Auction Payments Fee $ 8:00
Money Order Amount $700 :00

Purchased Item Information:
Auction site http://www.craigslist.org

Item Description AMD Athlon 64 x2 1.9GHZ-1GB DDR2 ENDEAVOR 2100 CUSTOM DESKTOP

Seller Information:
Name Beth A. Krahulec
Street Address
City, State, Zipcode
Country United States.
Phone Number NIL
Email

NOTE: IF WE DONT RECEIVE THE SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER WITHIN 48 HOURS, YOUR DELIVERY MAY BE DELAYED.
Thanks for using Express. We look forward serving your Payments® needs in future.

Post subject: Abideen Scott Scam Fraud Danger NC Craig's List Craigs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:46 pm 

Craig's list fraud continues.

Abideen Scott

Scott Abideen

North Carolina
NC
Craig's List

(I put all that in for search string hits)

Scam Con Theft Fraud Safety

I posted an item yesterday on Craig's list. It was an electronic item. I got the following email, via an email remailer. I had the bad luck of replying with my name and address and phone number (cell) but did nothing else--in other words I still have the item.

It sounded too good to be true. A sale in New England on Craig's List and a buyer out of state, offering more than the price of the item plus shipping.

I googled Abideen Scott and there it was---the same message and then multiple messages. The one below is mine. My only fear is that the person will use my name and phone number, but then again Names, Addresses and Phone numbers are readily available in any phone book or on the net. They DON'T have a social security number, date of birth or any other information. Folks never sell anything without first receiving funds (cleared funds) for the goods you sell. Sell honestly, this reduces the chance of charge backs after shipping, and further more be civil. The law will find these folks!

So here is the scam message (note the amount of spelling errors in the email--not that spelling is a tell-all but that the person is probably not easy to deal with, even if this was legitimate:

I am located in Plymouth,NC...if really it is in good condition and also i will pay you extra $50 for to end the posting early bcos of my urgency.I will like to make a quick purchase on the item cos i am using it as a gift to a friends son who is in West New York in NJ, he is really going to love it.My method of payment is via .. Usps Money order.If ok by you kindly get back to me with your full name and address of where you want the money order to be mailed out to so i can proceed with payment immedaitely.I will take all the shipping responsibilities and i will like the item to be shipped via my fedex account once my payment is confirmed.So you wont need to pay any shipping cost cos all the shipping cost will be billed to my account.So once the payment has been approved and you have recieved the payment confirmation,i will send you the neccessary shipping documents.plz get back to me with your full name and address so that i can proceed with the payment with your confirmed email addy.

Sell with Care!

Abideen Scott Fraud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:30 am 

I was unfortunately scammed by this method and I am wondering can you get money back from the usps bc u were scammed?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next