ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Craigslist Scam-Kelly Johnson from UK
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:07 pm 

I posted an ad on craigslist for a room to rent. I received the following email after an initial correspondence. The "scammer" also sent a picture of "herself"! I discovered it was a scam after copying and pasting her "landlord's email address" into a google search. The first thing that popped up was this site with an email that had pretty much this exact email. Most of the wording is VERBATIM!

Hello,
Thanks for the cordial response . I am quite comfortable with the available rental and living environment.
Hope we can get along together though I know it's kinda hard expressing oneself via email, but I'll put my pride in the gutters and try to be as explicit as possible. I have plans moving in by 15th of April(2011) but won't mind if rent start counting sooner.

About me ...I am half Brit from dad and half Asian from mum, am 31yrs old, a science teacher and divorced female, mostly spend my time in the laboratory experimenting, I am educated(undergraduate and post graduate degree), a good christian,very low key and relaxed to live with. I DON'T smoke nor drink and I don't mind if flat mates do. Presently staying at 193 samuel street, Greenwich, London SE18 5, UK
I prefer cleanliness than any other traits, I'm honest, responsible, and hardworking while I dislike lazy, messy and uncaring people. I love pets so much though I don't have one, am a quiet and easy going person to live with. I always love to go on a date but seldom party. I swim for fun and sometimes play tennis, also I enjoy snowboarding. I must confess that I am comfortable with the price. I'll like to secure the place down pending my arrival.. I will also be shipping my things down to the States such as My Toyota Avalon (XLX 2009)which I've been using for over 6 months now, and some personal effects. Don't worry am not bringing in furniture's as I will easily purchase upon arrive. Moreover, let me know how I can go about securing the place down before my arrival as I'll be busy this month preparing to come over as soon as the room is available and payment is made.

To assure you that I am as good of a lady as email will allow one to portray, I would offer my willingness to assist you with any information you may need as regards to me. I am actually a coffee drinker addict:), I hope you enjoy also. I forwarded our email conversations to my Uncle he seems okay with you, he agreed to make total payment for the rent fee including shipping of my Car with personal effects, he will be mailing out payment to you in United States Certified Money Order on his business trip abroad(US) to hold the room for me before my arrival. This will show seriousness on my part for the room so you won't rent it to someone else.

Should you agree to receive payment via Certified Money Order in US dollars, kindly advise me of your full name ,contact address (either work or home address depends on where you assure to receive it in person )and contact telephone #

For references, kindly contact below:
Former landlord :Kristin Adams(kristinadams76@hotmail.com)
Roommate:Richard Walters(richiewalters1@gmail.com)

Right now I have thought of it and understood that moving to the US will not only help boost my career but also improve my personal life. I hope you will finally consider renting to me, know well that your rules and terms would be strictly adhered to. I have been introduced to different landlords and room owners but they don't seem easy to get along with, I hope we can get along well as I wait to read from you soon via email.

Sorry for the email novel. I hope it isn't a lot to read and I apologize for coming on strong, am just looking for a reliable place when I move down. I look forward to hearing positive from you again. Stay blessed.

Thanks and take care,
Kelly.

PS: My picture is attached for your view, let me know if you received it.[/i][/b]