ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Roomate Scam Lectivia Vargas and Katherine Cole
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:44 pm 

I wonder what she/he/it gets out of this scam. I just sent Miss Vargas an email telling her that I will need to do a background check before we can proceed forward. I received ALL of the same emails that we have posted on this site. It is funny but what through me off was that she never put any spaces after her commas. I know that is a strange reason to be concerned; but it just seemed to me that someone who has gone through a nursing program would have taken general education classes and be able to punctuate. I also didn't think the picture was very believable. It seemed copied from the internet.

I decided to Google her name when I got back to the office and look what I found. Thank you all for posting your comments.

She/He/IT is currently using letvrg81b@aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:36 am 

This is crazy. My co-workers told me to google Lecticia Vargas. However I wasn't planning to agree to the arrangement without meeting her and interviewing her, plus a credit check etc. So i finaly get the chance to google her and this is what I find. I was asking her if she currently had a job in Atlanta and she says no, she has a lot of money saved up. Whatever. I hope everyone does google searches. SO I posted the new picture she is using.
Attachment:
leticia.jpg
leticia.jpg [ 28.79 KiB | Viewed 26415 times ]

& this is the current email address: letvrg80b@aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:42 pm 

Well I have been scammed by Lecticia also. She told me she was living in Idaho and going to visit her sick Uncle in Canada and then come move in with me in Pennsylvania. I thought it was weird someone picking up and leaving and moving from the West coast to the East coast and not want to see pics of the house or ask any questions about the area. She sent me a different picture than the ones that are up here. I was pretty sure it was a scam with the bad grammer and avoiding questions and wanting to send me money so fast..... I had this weird gut feeling I saw the picture before. So I guess I was right another scammer!!!! Oh well it would have been nice to have a roommate. I can't understand why people do this kind of stuff....

I Had this happen to me on craigslist before someone wanted to "buy" my washer and dryer and ended up sending me a check to my work from some random company for $4000.00....... I called the company and they said many people were calling saying the same thing. All his e-mails had the bad grammer also.... Be careful everyone!!

Attachments:
803827P1[1].JPG
803827P1[1].JPG [ 70.03 KiB | Viewed 26379 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:21 pm 

Thank you dear people for saving my hide. I have been communicating with Leticia for several days and this morning she offered to send me a money order to hold the room I'm trying to rent. I've sent her so many requirements for renting the room and she's okayed all of them and I was wondering why.

My girlfriend got worried and told me to be careful. I googled Leticia's email address and found this website. Thank you to the folks who copy/pasted her emails as they are nearly identical to what she sent me.

For reference: she's now claiming she's an occupational nurse in Idaho, needs to visit her uncle in Canada and then is coming to the Seattle area. She said she only had a dresser, computer table, kitchen utensils which all fit in her car.

I'm shivering and again, thanking you all. My greatest wish is that she's stopped before she really hurts someone who doesn't see the red flags.

She listed on Craig's List Seattle that she was looking for a room and I replied. Please get the word out!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:02 pm 

This is from Balderas Hugh.

Hi,

I do appreciate your response,am very glad and want to thank you for getting back to me,I know that it is very important to know more about someone looking to rent from you,So this is a little bio about me.

About me- My name is Balderas Hugh and I am a friendly 25 year old female Canadian who works full time as an occupational Nurse/and i have an online data entry job, I am down to earth and easy to get along with. I am very respectful of others' space and opinions.

I strive for a drama free environment. If you want to hangout and go to a coffee shop, bar, shopping,or just feel like doing something spontaneous, then I am game!, I'm pet friendly but don't own one,i don't keep late nights,I don't have pet,but i am pet friendly,don't drink nor smoke and am straight .I was born in Canada and my mum was from Idaho where i am presently,before my high school i lost my mum and my dad 4 years ago and since then i ve been under the care of my uncle,my mum was a nurse too and that made me to be an Occupational Health Nurse,An occupational health nurse (OHN) is responsible for the health and well being of employees in the work place,

And i will be happy if you can contact my Former Landlady of my former house where i live before when i was in the state so she can stand as my Reference so she could tell you little about me and Her Name is Mrs Brenda Johnston and you can also contact her on her personal Email at : brenda_johnston38@yahoo.com.

My interest in the area is simply because change is needed in everyone's life and i am also looking into a different direction,i ve been getting my life back cause of what happened to me here few months ago cause i had this had this break up that really makes me want to give up everything but i am rebuilding my life,so that is one of the reasons of my moving, because i understand that time wait for no one,Paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends(if you want me to do month to month,and i can also do the lease thing too.),

Feel free to ask me any question and as i ve said,i am looking to move in ASAP,So please email me back if you are looking to rent out ASAP too,i really would have loved to talk this all over on the phone,but right now the email works faster and getting everything set up,i want to get settle down and get a cell when i move,pl's do email me back so i know more about the place and pictures of the place too if you have got... .I really need a roof ASAP,so pl's email me back as soon as you can,and,A picture of mine will be attach in the next email,let me know if we can proceed.

Thanks for your time and i await your next email.

I emailed her with a response, saying that I would be available to meet in the next week, and she replied with this:

Hi again ,

Thanks once again for the reply,I am very happy meeting a person like you,It 's nice meeting you and i will never ever want to loose the the place ,you did inspire me,I want You to know that i am okay with the place.
I got to believe that the people that are around someone matters most,i believe that you'll be a nice person,I want you to know that i have my dresser,computer table,kitchen utensils and 2 big luggage's and my car to be shipped..i'll love to secure place so that so that i wont loose the place and with the way we ve communicated,I am okay with all you ve said and i want you to know that i don't want to make any plan
without securing a place down now,so i ve let my uncle understand that i ve gotten a place and told him about the place,He is comfortable with it too,so i thought of it and i will be making payment to hold down the place as i cant afford to loose it at all, and the mode of payment will be the Most acceptable,easier,safer and reliable means of payment which is a certified Money order,pls provide me with the following information to get the payment to you.Your full name as it will appear on the payment,or your work place address to ensure delivery in your hands when not at home through regular mails or a courier service,and your phone number on the package to avoid package missing in transit. I will prefer to send to any of the addresses just to ensure safe delivery.
Kindly get back to me with this requested address contact information so that we can proceed,I do not want to loose the place.And to let you know it is not that i have bunch of furniture's,just my car and my personal effects...I also want you to know that if i secure the place now,i can move on formally,please understand that..

Kindly get back to with this following details needed to mail out the Deposit Payment to you :

Full Name :
Full Contact Address:
State:
City:
Zip CODE:

So i will want you to get back to me with this information in your next mail.

If you ever get an email like this, it's a SCAM.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:45 pm 

Now she is going by Jesicca Luis (jesiccaluis@aol.com), a Canadian Nurse with an online data entry job (possibly another email scan she's a part of?) looking to sublease from me in Michigan. Here's the email she sent me just now:

Hi,

I do appreciate your response,am very glad and want to thank you for getting back to me,I know that it is very important to know more about someone looking to rent from you,So this is a little bio about me.

About me- My name is Jesicca Lius and I am a friendly 25 year old female Canadian who works full time as an occupational Nurse/and i have an online data entry job, I am down to earth and easy to get along with. I am very respectful of others' space and opinions.

And i will be happy if you can contact my Former Landlady of my former house where i live before when i was in the state so she can stand as my Reference so she could tell you little about me and Her Name is Mrs Brenda Johnston and you can also contact her on her personal Email at : brenda_johnston38@yahoo.com

And i will want you to know that Paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends(if you want me to do month to month,and i can also do the lease thing too.)

And i will be anxiously waiting to read your next email and like to know more about the rent and i will love to call you but right now my line is off and here is my number 2052023022 cant receive calls on it but i can text out with it and i want to get a new phone as soon as i arrive to my future home ...

so i wait to read from you asap...

The odd spelling of Jesicca clued me in, as well as her horrendous grammar. Luckily she's still using the same "Former Landlandy" as a reference so I was able to find this site. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:08 am 

She is going by Jessica Luis still, same exact e-mail as posted below. I found this through googling the phone number and "Canada" I fell for it and I put my address, do you think that I should get a lawyer or be worried about anything??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:08 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

kileym2 wrote:
She is going by Jessica Luis still, same exact e-mail as posted below. I found this through googling the phone number and "Canada" I fell for it and I put my address, do you think that I should get a lawyer or be worried about anything??

Have you sent her any money?

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:09 am 

I have not sent her any money, she's leasing from me, so she's sending me the "money". She has my full name and address though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:07 am 

@ kileym2... Don't worry about it... once they are aware that you know what's going on and that you won't cash the phoney check and wire the "extra" back to her/him then they'll just move on to try and find another victim... just ignore and move on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:51 pm 

WOW! She strikes AGAIN, I can't begin to express how thankful I am for this website. Just gonna post my little story on here so others can see what is going on with this idiot nowadays. I go to Michigan state university, where we have a website were we can post sublease ads, roommate ads, look at professor ratings, a whole bunch of college stuff. So I get a message on the website for my 3 month sublease for my apartment. Email her back, and I get this email:

Hi,

About me- My name is Jesicca Luis and I am a friendly 25 year old female Canadian who works full time as an occupational Nurse/and i have an online data entry job, I am down to earth and easy to get along with. I am very respectful of others' space and opinions.
And i will be happy if you can contact my Former Landlady of my former house where i live before when i was in the state so she can stand as my Reference so she could tell you little about me and Her Name is Mrs Brenda Johnston and you can also contact her on her personal Email at : brenda_johnston38@yahoo.com And i will want you to know that Paying rent on time will not be a problem as i will also be making the rent fee before the month ends(if you want me to do month to month,and i can also do the lease thing too.)
And i will be anxiously waiting to read your next email and like to know more about the rent and i will love to call you but right now my line is off and here is my number 4077773718 cant receive calls on it but i can text out with it and i want to get a new phone as soon as i arrive to my future home ...
so i wait to read from you asap..

--Clearly, quite a few things wrong in this situation. Why are you 25 and your phone does not receive calls, if you are an occupational nurse clearly you should have at least some extra money to spend on a phone bill. The grammar is initially what threw me off as well, what 25 year old types like a fricken 3rd grader? And why the HELL is a Canadian looking to sublease an apartment in MSU for 3 months only?? What a joke. BUT I emailed her back, and this is what I got in response:

Hi again ,

Thanks once again for the reply,I am very happy meeting a person like you,It 's nice meeting you and i will never ever want to loose the the place ,you did inspire me,I want You to know that i am okay with the place.
I got to believe that the people that are around someone matters most,i believe that you'll be a nice person,I want you to know that i have my dresser,computer table,kitchen utensils and 2 big luggage's and my car to be shipped..i'll love to secure place so that so that i wont loose the place and with the way we ve communicated,I am okay with all you ve said and i want you to know that i don't want to make any plan
without securing a place down now,so i ve let my uncle understand that i ve gotten a place and told him about the place,He is comfortable with it too,so i thought of it and i will be making payment to hold down the place as i cant afford to loose it at all, and the mode of payment will be the Most acceptable,easier,safer and reliable means of payment which is a certified Money order,pls provide me with the following information to get the payment to you.Your full name as it will appear on the payment,or your work place address to ensure delivery in your hands when not at home through regular mails or a courier service,and your phone number on the package to avoid package missing in transit. I will prefer to send to any of the addresses just to ensure safe delivery.
Kindly get back to me with this requested address contact information so that we can proceed,I do not want to loose the place.And to let you know it is not that i have bunch of furniture's,just my car and my personal effects...I also want you to know that if i secure the place now,i can move on formally,please understand that..

Kindly get back to with this following details needed to mail out the Deposit Payment to you :

Full Name :
Full Contact Address:
State:
City:
Zip CODE:

So i will want you to get back to me with this information in your next mail.

--All right Jessica, not only are you 25 with your phone line shut off but you are 25 and don't even have your own CHECKBOOK? Really? As if thats not sketchy enough. Creepy as HELL. But anyways, after this I went back onto the website where we post ads about subleases and I have an old message from a month ago, from the same email, but she says "I am Labelle Claudette" and continues with her story. So thats what originally got me to search the email online.... why do I have 2 messages from this idiot, from the same email, with each of them introducing themselves with a different name.. W-O-W

So everyone beware. Scary to think that this is going on around college students. Gosh.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:01 pm 

Going by: Jesicca Luis, email:jessiccaluis@aol.com
Actually also received an email from her, introducing herself as "Labelle Claudette"
I go to Michigan State University and she found my ad on our college website and messaged me about it, this is just creepy.

What is the point of this scam? So confused, but I am so glad I found this website.. what is the world coming to?