ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:07 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

russellj84 wrote:
admin wrote:
russellj84 wrote:
If the country and things don't matter why even ask for it? I guess there are plenty of flaws with WU that could be fixed and make the scamming business more difficult.

I agree with you. Now, if only we could get in to speak with someone at Western Union about that.

I don't think it would fix anything and I still believe WU could care less because 1) they are profitting from these scams and 2) I think they are behind a good chunk of them.

yeah . . . I keep forgetting we are dealing with a big company that does not care about "the little guy"

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:28 am 
Gold Member

Well why would they care? They make a fortune off the misfortunes of many people who fall for these scams.

Post subject: Re: Please add Names of Scamers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:45 am 

kelvin curtis

Hello,

I must Congratulate you for the email and the details sent which has shown your interest in my house and my business as well.....But here I must let you understand that I work with people with all sincerity and transparency and I like honesty, and in Good faith so I would want you to reciprocate too and show me that you can be trusted for this position...

I would put this to you that as soon as we get started you shall be taken to a greater height but I would need you to be clean, to take perfect care of the environment and make it look clean all the time and to also let you know that the utilities has been paid in advance of Three years {3yrs}.
So all you need to do is just to move in after all the renovations going on has been completed and I don't think you will need to move any of your furniture's to there because it's fully furnished, well equipped kitchen sets and lots more...More so, I would also count on you to handle my clients payment perfectly in getting it cashed and wiring it to me after you must have deducted your commission of 10% so I think if you can be trusted email me ASAP.

The house is located in a place that is very nice and conducive for you and very close to area of necessities like market, transport, groceries and other places but for now my attorney told me to be cautious about giving the address out due to main internet frauds...yet since I will be in the United States after my wedding ceremony to take you there directly I think we have no problem about location so feel free to let me know how you feel about my offer and how capable you will be able to handle all I have mentioned, and I want you to always keep in touch with me to show your seriousness Because I have so many enquiries coming in so i need to choose the most serious person of which I think am done with you.

NB,
You need to know that we have to get things started as soon as possible because there re clients lined up for payment so if you think you re ok with my proposal and that of commission get back to me soon..

-----Original Message-----
From: Kelvin Curtis [mailto:toshibacompanyoffertechie001@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2008 10:47 AM
To: tbear4223@hotmail.com
Subject: CARE TAKER/HOUSE SITTER/FINANCE MANAGER NEEDED IN W,DC

Hi,
This is Kelvin Curtis, I am 36 years old .I have a four bedroom house in the united state which I want to give out. I stayed there together with my dad before I lost him late last year. I believe this is an ideal situation for you though; it is not exactly what you are looking for. In his life time he was a very successful entrepreneur who dealt mostly in gifts of nature and their derivatives like Gold and golden jewelry to jewelers and jewelry designers, he was also into the supply of watches, bracelets, wedding rings and gemstones-based jewelry to stores in the US and Europe and I acted as his marketing manager in the US.
He had bought the house before his death and I happen to be the only child my father had, and as such the property falls to my inheritance after his death. I have also resolved to continue with his line of business since he already had a large number of loyal customers in the US.I will be getting married to an European woman who is based in Geneva Switzerland and I know that after my wedding, my visits To the United States will be entirely unnecessary and occasionally if not outright impossible.
Now I do not wish to rent out the house and I don't also want to sell it because it's my inheritance and as such I believe that I shouldn't sell it, as a mark of respect to my late dad. Therefore, I am looking for somebody who is honest and trustworthy and clean freak for 2 specific reasons:
1.To help maintain the house while I am away and
2.To help me receive payments [mostly in form of checks, money orders] from the clients/customers within the USA, on my behalf in his/her name, and have them cashed and then wire the cashed funds back to the company. You do not have to pay me a dime for the accommodation as I stated earlier. It's just for the purpose of keeping the business alive in the US.
If you want to keep this assignment as a job, please reply ASAP l so I can allocate 10% on each payment that you receive, that is if at all you don't want to live in the house, or if you live too far from the house.The house is an excellent piece of abode with clean bathrooms, walk-in closet, a gym, and all rooms come furnished with electronics.
The pictures are available and if you are interested let me know it is a very lovely house which I know you will like. If you are interested in keeping the house neat and handling my business payments in the state, please send me your:
Full Name:
Address:
City-State:
Apartment Number:
Zip code:
Phone number:
Excellent reverences may be required and can be called upon anytime. I am in Geneva Switzerland getting prepared for my forthcoming Wedding.NB..If you are interested get back to me in my private email:klvn.crts@gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:11 am 

kelvin curtis

klvn.crts@gmail.com

scam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:41 am 

Hello,

How are you doing so far? Well I just want to know why you have decided to hold my money while you are not a bank. Or are you? It is easy to find a lasting solution to a disease which its cause is known rather than doing the wrong thing at the right time.

This time around, you will not find it easy with your self because I have all it takes to get you into a JAIL….In the first place, why did you accept my offer? Why did you receive a payment from my client and you think you can sit on it? Is that possible? Well let me informed you that you might have been doing it with others mine will teach you a lesson of your life.

This issued has been reported to the Authorities that are superior to you and I and I was directed to give you a 24 hours ultimatum and after that no response from you, that is at your own RISK.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:59 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

This is a common tactic used by the scammers in order to try and scare people into sending the money.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:17 am 
Gold Member

That's a strange tactic trying to threaten you into falling for a scam.

First, they must not realize that by you not "cashing" the check that you technically have not accepted payment of anything so you have not breached a contract or stolen anything from them.

Second, they have the nerve to call you a disease, when in fact it is them that is the disease.

RizenHero just ignore this person and move on, they won't do anything.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:16 pm 

Hi, there,

I am new user of this forum. I would like to warn everyone to be cautions with this scamer name "Kimberly Morgan." I was trying to rent out my property on craiglist and I got this email from a person call "Kimberly", I did google search and found this website. I would like to warn people to be careful with this scamer. I had also reported to police. Please take a look of this scamer's email:

Kimberly Morgan <kimberly_morgan001@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello
How are you today and hope you kinda having a great day, I am Kimberly but my chums called me shy I am a 30 year old graduate of Limirick and I will be moving back to Canada.I am respectful, responsible, and sociable. I am respectful of other's personal lifestyles,belongings, as well as their privacy.All I ask in return is for my future friend to reciprocate the very same actions that I give to them. I have a very culturally diversed personality, therefore I have the ability to connect to individuals from different walks of life.
I enjoy meeting interesting people and seeking new adventures. In my past times, I like to read, practice the Italian Language, watch some educational channels,such as Discovery, History, Travel, and Court TV etc.... I enjoy playing the piano and practicing the violin, going to movies. I am open minded in nature and like to apprehend and appreciate the cultural lifestyles of others. Ultimately, I am always honest and will keep it real with you, but in doing so, I will be respectful and courteous of the other's feelings. I believe that I will make a great person as well as a good friend or loyal confidant. a very reasonable and quiet person to live with, i'm friendly, very trustworthy and value relationship above anything.Again I love travelling, sporting and enjoy meeting people and seldomly party. I am cool headed, pretty laid back and easy going person and would like to have a mate who is very responsible andunderstanding, someone i can really get along with.
However, I saw your advert and i am sincerely interested in the place advertised as i will like to move in as soon as we're able to reach an accord. Please i'll like to know the exact total move in cost as well as all utilities present as i'll not be able to check out the place until my arrival, so that i can make arrangement for payment prior to my arrival since i'll be moving down from Haiti as soon as i'm able to secure a comfortable place.
Thanks as i anxiously await your response
Regards [/b]

beagle wrote:

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for your email. Please see attached photo. We charge $1800/month for 1 year lease, rent include all the furniture 2 double bed, table, sofa, dining chairs, work station, 70"cable TV, wireless internet, hot water, gym and swimming pool use and 1 parking. If you are interested please give me a call xxx-xxxxxxxx to arrange viewing.

Thanks for your kind attention.

Best regards,
beagle

Hello,
How are you today ? Thanks so much for your mail,appreciate it so much..I'm a girl..well i think i should tell you little about myself, I'm a Computer, Networking and Communication Engineer. I am currently working on contract for my company, here in Haiti and hope to end my current assignment soon and will love to come back soon to have a more profitable job.
However, based on your mail, I must confess I'm comfortable with the cost it is ok by me. I would like to make the payment for the first month ahead of my moving in, and then i will make subsequent payment thereafter. you'll get the payment prior to my arriving date. I'll be needing your full name and mailing address so as to prepare the payment as my client will be sending money order or a check of pay being money due to me.
I will keep you posted of when you are likely to receive the payment because the payment will be sent out to you immediately if i get your full name, phone # and address today
Have a wonderful day!
Regards
Kimberly

PROPERTIES
The list of things i will be moving in are as follow;
my Honda accord car IV-Tech Model metalic green.
suite case containing my books
my 26' DELL PLASMA TV and DVD Home theatre
RENTAL APPLICATION
ApplicantName: Kimberly Morgan
Present Address: 446 J.J Dessalines, City.....
Port Au Prince. Hiati HT 6112
DOB May 8th 1977
Social Security # 498 92 6450
Driver's license Need to Apply for a new D/L
Supervisor at JFK : Jennifer Hyde-Cole
Supervisor e-mail address... jewelworldd@gmail
Supervisor # +447814045250
Current Landlady........ Zelda Maccarthy
E-mail address....... zellda_maccarthy@yahoo.com
In case of Emergency, please contact
Sandra ( relationship, Sister )
Phone # +447819855241

beagle wrote:
Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for your reply. When will you start to rent? Please send cheque $2700 ($1800 first month rent + $900 security deposit) to my address:
xxxxxxxxxxx
My full nmbe: xxxxxxx
contact number: xxxxxxxxx

I will send you Rental Agreement as soon as I get your reply.

Thanks for your kind attention.

Best regard,

beagle

Hello,
Thanks so much for getting back to me .I really appreciate your response.I will get back to you as soon as payment has been mailed out to you.
Thanks and i await your response again
Regards

beagle wrote:
Hi Kimberly,

Your address shows in fraud warning of all the bank system, I have forward your information to police. Please do not waste my time.

Hello,
Thanks for the prompt response,i will like to ask for the meaning of the mail you sent to me cos i dont even understand what it mean.Its hard to think of calling or suggesting that my subleting from you its fraudulent.well will like you to explain more to me what you mean by saying my name showa fraud warning at all bank in your location.Please take your time to cross check the name again and mail me.
Kimberly.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:44 pm 

nickshepherd21 scam listed this contact info in his emails to me.

Contact Information:
Name:Donald Duke
Company: MASTER-MIND TECHNOLOGY, INC
City:MIAMI
State: FL
Zip: 33745
Tax ID (FEIN): 650209373
E-MAIL; donaldduke90@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 9:37 pm 

Name: "Rev" David Cruise, or just "Dav Cruise"
Email: davcruise67@gmail.com
Talks about being on a Christian Crusade in Africa, and relocation to NY

Name:Victoria Cruise
Email: vickcruise67@googlemail.com
"Wife" of Dav, trying to "rent out" 498 BOYNTON AVENUE, #64 SAN JOSE, CA 95117

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:24 pm 

This guy said he was transferred to the UK, and that his apartment was available for an unbelievably low rate:

Kevin Clayton (email is kevin.clayyton@gmail.com )

don't have any other information, but it was on Craiglist, for the Arlington, VA area. More info posted on page 6 of this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2200&p=14652#p14652

Hope it helps someone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:38 am 

Attempted scam in progress: <jjjfarrell@yahoo.com> through rentingspaces.com

Hi. One "Jessica Farrell" has been trying to rent a room from me. This most recent email provided details of her current employer and landlady. I thought first to email her references, but thought I would do a google search first on her name (a celebrity, BTW), then on her name and address.

Your web-site came up, due to this now ever-so-familiar address.

'HER' EMAIL IN FULL:
Hello...how are you today, thanks so much for your mail,appreciate it so much..i really have no problem not to view out the place prior to my moving in..and i really need tosecure a place before coming down in order to eradicate and hotel expenses....Well i think i should tell you more about myself, I'm a Computer, Networking and Communication Engineer. I am currently working on contract for my company, here and hope to end my current assignment soon and will love to come down soon ( June 10th ) to have a master program, and will equally update you about my move as soon as i i confirm my ticket.

However, based on your AD, I must confess i'm comfortable with the cost and it is ok by me. I would like to make the payment for the first month ahead of m y moving in, and then i will make subsequent payment thereafter. you'll get the payment prior to my arriving date. i'll be needing your full name and mailing address so as to prepare the payment as my client will be sending money order or a check of pay being money due to me.
I will keep you posted of when you are likely to receive the payment because the payment will be sent out to you immediately i get your full name, phone # and address today
Have a wonderful day!
Regards
Jess

NB Will be sending a copy of my passport as soon as i get back to the house

PROPERTIES

The list! of things i will be moving in are as follow;

RENTAL APPLICATION
ApplicantName: Jessica Farrell
Address 446 J.J Dessalines City .... Port Au Prince Country ... Haiti HT 6112
DOB Aug 14th 1977
Passport # B21154342
Citizen British
Supervisor at work : Mark Beasely
Supervisor e-mail address... jewelworldd@aim.com
Supervisor # +447045751423
Current Landlady zellda_maccarthy@yahoo.com

********************END**********************

The Driver's License "need to apply for a new one" was a nice touch. I almost fell for it, until I realized she already had some of my info from the ad, but seemed to be missing quite a bit of it at the same time [NOTE: the repeated request for "full name, address and phone number")...The spelling/vocabulary skills for an IT/NetworkComm/Engineer preparing for her 'Masters' at the university here also seemed quite suspect. I had originally replied to her first email with some French (being in Haiti, after all), but 'she' gave no reaction (+ or - ) regarding that...

Outstanding Questions:
1) I wonder who actually lives at this address (is it even a real address?)
2) Is it possible to nab this person based on the consistent patterns of victim-selection (i.e., online rental adverts, etc.) or IP address (or is that only on CSI)?
3) So far, I have not responded to this most recent email from 'her'. Is there something I can do to draw this person out more so that they could be arrested? (don't post it yet, until i get a new email address)...i wonder if these internet scam artists check the internet posts regarding themselves at all...

Anyhow, Good Luck to all the honest people here. AND
Deep thanks to this web-site for preventing one more scam before the headache began. :evil: :lol: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:08 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

watchdog33 wrote:
2) Is it possible to nab this person based on the consistent patterns of victim-selection (i.e., online rental adverts, etc.) or IP address (or is that only on CSI)?
3) So far, I have not responded to this most recent email from 'her'. Is there something I can do to draw this person out more so that they could be arrested? (don't post it yet, until i get a new email address)...i wonder if these internet scam artists check the internet posts regarding themselves at all

The person is probably in another country (Nigeria) so there is no way to catch them. Most of the IP addresses trace back to internet cafes in Lagos Nigeria, so there is no way of knowing who the person really was.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:55 am 

I have been scammed, and didnt know it until after sending the money 800 GBP. Scammer address is in the United Kingdom. Is there a way we can post pictures of the scammers here too? This is the address i sent the money to by western union:

5 Buckingham Terrace
Glasgow, Scotland
G12 8EB
United Kingdom[

Another address he gave:

237 Beoley Road East
Lakeside, Redditch
Worcestershire
B98 8PB
United Kingdom

I know him as David Franklin and met him through myspace.com; his url on that site is http://www.myspace.com/davidisairborne. He claims to be a pilot working for cargolux and has sent many pictures even sitting in the cockpit (of course now i know its not him). He tried to scam some other girl who has posted about him in romancescam.com, and was using the name David Alvarez with her. Other names he gave me of his staff were (These are the names that i wrote in the western union transaction):
OLUWABUKOLA IWAKUN and OLUFEMI SHINMODU.

He might be telling others he is: Peter Alvarez or Daniel Alvarez or that his grandmother that is apparently dying of diabetes and a bad kidney is Magaret Keyes. He tells the story of how he was adopted, and has a twin brother that he only just met, bla bla bla... load of crap!

It feels so bad i am just crying like a baby. I hope these details help somebody.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:15 am 

Hello...how are you today, thanks so much for your mail,appreciate it so much..i really have no problem not to view out the place prior to my moving in..and i really need tosecure a place before coming down in order to eradicate and hotel expenses....Well i think i should tell you more about myself, I'm a Computer, Networking and Communication Engineer. I am currently working on contract for my company, here and hope to end my current assignment soon and will love to come down soon ( July 10th ) to have a master program, and will equally update you about my move as soon as i i confirm my ticket.

However, based on your AD, I must confess i'm comfortable with the cost and it is ok by me. I would like to make the payment for the first month ahead of m y moving in, and then i will make subsequent payment thereafter. you'll get the payment prior to my arriving date. i'll be needing your full name and mailing address so as to prepare the payment as my client will be sending money order or a check of pay being money due to me.
I will keep you posted of when you are likely to receive the payment because the payment will be sent out to you immediately if i get your full name, phone # and address today
Have a wonderful day!
Regards
Jess

NB Will be sending a copy of my passport as soon as i get back to the house

PROPERTIES

The list! of things i will be moving in are as follow;

RENTAL APPLICATION
ApplicantName: Jessica Farrell
Address 446 J.J Dessalines City... Port Au Prince Country ...Haiti HT 6112
DOB Aug 14th 1977
Passport # B21154342
Citizen British
Supervisor at work : Mark Beasely
Supervisor e-mail address... jewelworldd@aim.com
Supervisor # +447045751423
Current Landlady zellda_maccarthy@yahoo.com

--- On Fri, 6/20/08, Wally Hickey <wallyhickey@hotmail.com> wrote:

Subject: RE: Hello ( Reply to your AD )
To: jj.farrell@yahoo.com
Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 2:59 PM

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for the email. Are you on facebook at all? I could show you some pictures of the house. When are looking at coming?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Hello ( Reply to your AD )
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 06:09:57 -0400

Hello how are you today and hope you kinda having a great day.I am Jessica, but my friend calls me SHY, I am a 30 year old and graduate of Limerick and I will be moving to Canada soon. I am respectful, responsible, and sociable. I am respectful of other's personal lifestyles,belongings, as well as their privacy.All I ask in return is for my future friend to reciprocate the very same actions that I give to them. I have a very culturally diversed personality,therefore I have the ability to connect to individuals from different walks of life.

I enjoy meeting interesting people and seeking new adventures. In my past times, I like to read, practice the Italian Language, watch some educational channels,such as Discovery, History, Travel, and Court TV etc.... I enjoy playing the piano and practicing the violin, going to movies. I am open minded in nature and like to apprehend and appreciate the cultural lifestyles of others. Ultimately,

I am always honest and will keep it real with you, but in doing so, I will be respectful and courteous of the other's feelings. I believe that I will make a great person as well as a good friend or loyal confident. a very reasonable and quiet person to live with, i'm friendly, very trustworthy and value relationship above anything.Again I love travelling, sporting and enjoy meeting people and seldomly party. I am cool headed,pretty laid back and easy going person and would like to have a mate who is very responsible andunderstanding, someone i can really get along with.

However, I saw your advert and i am sincerely interested in the place advertised as i will like to move in as soon as we're able to reach an accord. Please i'll like to know if the total move in cost can be negotiate because i'll not be able to check out the place until my arrival, so that i can make arrangement for payment prior to my arrival since i'll be moving down from Haiti as soon as i'm able to secure a comfortable place.
Thanks as i anxiously await your response
Regards
Jessica

What can they do if they have my name and address?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next