ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Possible loveawake.com scam?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:01 pm 

Hi all, I am new to this forum and humbly say hello to everyone :)

I recently made an account on a datingsite called loveawake.com after searching a little about it on google. It seemed that the site was safe to use even if it was free. My primary goal was to make new friends, but of course was also open to something else if it was ment to happen.

Some hours after registration I recieved a letter from a woman that wanted me to send her an email. She was 24 years old and came from the Ukraine. She looked nice, had a nice profile and I decided to do so.

The next day I got a response, which I did find a little bit weird. Cause everything seemed so perfect with this girl and she really wanted to establish contact with me. I did think a little about it, cause I really was surprised that such a girl would use a datingsite to get men. But then again maybe she had tried other solutions before a datingsite, well that was my thoughts. I am also not that bad looking, so I hadnt any problem with her contacting me. Or understand that she might actually like me.

We did exchange some mails, and I was surprised how fast she shared loving feelings for me. I also admitted to like her, cause her pictures did not look bad at all. Some of them was more recent up to date, but some was older when she was younger... maybe around 20 I believe.

But I always was a little suspicous about it all. Cause she kinda avoided to answear many of my questions, and many things she wrote seemed so fabricated.

Then one day I got another message from the same mail account. It claimed to be a translater company that she apperently used to communicate with me. She also used internet with them they said, and now her account period that was paid for was over. And they wanted me to pay half the price for her to continue talking to me. Cause thats what she requested thru this company.

I said I didnt want to do that, beacause we didnt know eachother that well yet, and had never met in real life before. I also said that she could use an internetcafe or internet at friends if she wanted more contact. Also told that she didnt need to use any translations, cause I understand the language quite well and also can translate everything myself.

Then I got a response that her mother had gotten a heartattack and that she had to cover the expenses and couldnt pay for any internet either. Then all red lights flashed in my head, and I started to search for information about scams. Checked the IP adress, which turned out to be a whole different place in the Ukraine than she claimed to come from.

I really dont think this is the person on the pictures anymore, and I think I stand infront of a scam attempt. I will put out some pictures of this person and maybe some people at this forum knows who she really is and her real identity. I would very much like to warn her about what is going on, if her pictures are infact used by others without permisson.

Link to her profile on loveawake: http://www.loveawake.com/profile/yansuska/

Some pictures that she did send me:

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

For all I know she can be someone that has gotten her pictures stolen some time, maybe be a model in Ukraine, Russia or another country. I really dont believe this girl is the one I have been writing with.

I will be very grateful for all kind of information, and I will of course send no money to this person I have been writing with. Thank you so much in advance for all help that will be provided for me :)

Have a nice day, and thank you so much for this site that gives an oppertunity to share concerns about these issues.

Post subject: Re: Possible loveawake.com scam?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:37 pm 

icebeer88, welcome and thank you for taking your time to post this. You did a great job in finding out that this was a scam.

Quote:
I really dont think this is the person on the pictures

You are right, the person in the pic is not the person who you were in contact with. Scammers will often steal pics of others and use them as their own.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:32 am 

The chance is 99,99% that you have been writing with a man.
It is a nice romantic idea, wanting to warn the girl in the pictures, but it is totally useless.
Her pictures have either been stolen, in which case she can not do anything about it, or she has been used to pose for these, so she already knows they are used in a scam.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:47 am 

Janez wrote:
icebeer88, welcome and thank you for taking your time to post this. You did a great job in finding out that this was a scam. You are right, the person in the pic is not the person who you were in contact with. Scammers will often steal pics of others and use them as their own.

Thank you :) I haven't heard anything more from this person, and I hope it stays that way. I am certainly not gonna respond to any more if new mails will appear.

And God Bless this forum! So that more people can be warned and be aware of all these different scams before they make a mistake with paying anything. You guys are truly doing a fantastic job!!

Pennywise wrote:
The chance is 99,99% that you have been writing with a man.
It is a nice romantic idea, wanting to warn the girl in the pictures, but it is totally useless.
Her pictures have either been stolen, in which case she can not do anything about it, or she has been used to pose for these, so she already knows they are used in a scam.

Yes I guess it's useless to try and warn this girl. I have red that many girls actually gets paid to be taken pictures of that will be used in scams. Oh dear..., were is the world going these days? But anyway it's good to know that even if bad persons excists in every corner of the world, there is also so many more nice people. Like it is on this site :-)

Thank you so much for all the response to me! And I wish you the best of luck in the future fighting these scams :-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:22 pm 

loveawake, thank you for your post. It is nice to know you are working to keep scammers off of your site.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:50 am 

YES - It's a SCAM from Lugansk, UKRAINE

To locate scam pictures go to Google, click images, then click the camera in the search box... you can put in a URL to search a picture or upload a picture the chic sends you! This is how I found the SCAM from you, and I really appreciate it!

Lugansk - bad bastards! I did the IP search as well, verify the IP address based on the email sent in checking the header... and it was the wrong location. I love sending the email later about gender and flight!

Thanks,

Billy :) :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:09 pm 

Here is another pic that was missed...

Attachments:
File comment: Here is an image that was missed!

They sent first so I didn't pickup on the SCAM first!

IMG_6766.jpg
IMG_6766.jpg [ 71.18 KiB | Viewed 50036 times ]