ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scammer Harry Hancock in Dubai
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:35 pm 

Harry Hancock winked at me on Match.com. He was a good looking man (as you know not his real pictures) and seemed easy to talk to. He also was sweet with me (I guess what I needed). Anyway his user name on Match was CuddleCake50@talkmatch.com.

I do not want anyone else to have this happen to them. I have not seen or been able to pull this name up on any of the scam reporting databases. So here is the gist of the scam.

He tells me he lives in Alaska and will be starting his own business as soon as his contract is up with one of the big Alaska Oil and Gas companies is up in a month. He wants to move to my state where his mother lived before she died (home). The day his contract is up he gets a job offer to repair a Offshore Oil rig that was damaged by a helicopter. He seemed knowledgeable about the rig, but this comes from someone who didn't know anything about the industry to begin with. Off to Dubai he goes to fix the rig and once the job is done he gets a check cut to him. He tells me he is getting on an airplane and gets to Paris where customs arrests him and sends him back to Dubai to face charges of money laundering. The check was cut from a frozen bank account. Then the story keeps growing.

I finally was able to catch him by getting a passport number and check it against the Dubai Embassy. This is a large group of people as I was put in contact with several of them (Sally, Louis, and Sam).

Something else to beware of is he used the new MagicJack usb device to create a USA phone number.

Here are the email address to beware of:
hhanck@hotmail.com
hhanck2@gmail.com
emilyhancock17@yahoo.co.uk (fake daughter)
CuddleCake50@talkmatch.com

Post subject: Re: Scammer Harry Hancock in Dubai
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:55 am 

I am glad I read this article. I am dissappointed in myself. I also was winked by Harry. He is very nice, responds to email and wants to find a good relationship. He told me the same story, he was born in Trenton, NJ. He left with his family to go to England and was there for 17 years. He came back to USA and earned a degree in Engineering in a midwest college. He was employed by an Alaskan Oil Company for 14 years and now leaving the company as he has put in really hard work. He says he lives in Prudhue Bay Alaska and wants to start a consulting business here in NJ and then eventually retire back in Prudhue Bay, Alaska. He laughs alot, he is sweet and nice. He is at the end of his job with his current position, and was to arrive here in NJ. He says he has taken a 2 week job in Saudia Arabia as a consultant and then will go back to Alaska and pack up and relocate to NJ. He uses a match talk phone line. He did not ask for money, or anything like that, but the story is the same. He claims that he works hard on the rig and they do not have cell phones out in the ocean area. So, he uses this type of phone and he can not use anything with electric charges near work. So he only calls if off shore or after duty. I guess, it is too good to be true. I fell for it. I dont know if I am hurt in anyway, except that he probably will just string you along for a long time. It sounds as though the other women in the post earlier might have seen him. I know he shows a handsome picture. Only thing that bothered me was his voice does not match the picture impression. He has a accent, which I can not place its heritage. He actually sounded like a black or spanish mix and then I thought maybe an Australian mix with British/midwest. I think that is what bothered me. Fortunately, because it was April Fools day, my children told me he was a fake. So, I googled his name and the post was up for the first time. So, sad. He has my personal email and I gave him my cell to call me. I guess I thought he was coming to NJ and I would meet. He uses hhanck@hotmail.com and a match talk phone line. Good luck out there to the rest of you. Possibly it is better to be introduced to someone by a person that knows you then this Internet stuff. I am going to get off Match as it was a waste of time for me. It just kept me busy looking at fake pictures. I was going to tell him I saw this post, but another post tells you not to confront them. They get angry. He did ask me if I found a new match and that is why I stopped communicating. I told him no because I just was busy.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:35 pm 

gemini,

I am so sorry. I felt the same as you. Unfortunately his name did not come up when I Googled him and he got me. When I confronted him with my knowledge about the scam he told me he was black and that his real name was Johnny. He went on to tell me that he could not get me out of his mind and he still wanted to meet me.

I remember when I first started getting emails from him I thought he had a possible split personality. I should have figured it out then. It was more than one person answering the emails. He did not ask for money right away but he made sure you knew he was using all he had to do this job. Once he was in Dubai all the problems started.

You are much more fortunate than I was and I am so glad I posted, I almost didn't. Keep your money you will never see it again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:35 am 

Well Ladies he strikes again, though I had this feeling he was a too good to be true - so no harm no foul, except some lost computer time. He is now Harry Nathan Stagner and I met him through Match.com with the profile name Imuffins50. His online gmail name is Hstagner49@gmail.com. Poor guy, right now he is so busy out on the rig fighting an "oil leak" :roll: l His story is all of the other information you all have posted plus he has a friend - Ted - who is sooooo worried I will break Harry's heart. Good one. Oh yeah, his birthday is coming up - July 16th - so go ahead and send him a message to wish him well - lol. It was totally his voice vs his photos, just no way it was the same guy. He says he is italian, british and of course american (mom side). Thank you for your posts, it helps alot.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:04 pm 

Heads Up....He is now Harry Stagner and has moved to SeniorPeopleMeet.com. Same story except the town of his mother has changed to my town (of course). I became suspect when I received a long e-mail from him that included phrasing in broken English and the incorrect use of certain words or odd use of other words in certain places throughout his e-mail (always a tell tale sign). Whenever I have encountered this on line, I always do a google search of the person's name and place of residence and/or age. Truly helps!! Thanks to all of you, i will not respond to his initial mail - will identify his email address as "spam" and will also report him on the site. Suggest that all do the same when you find one of these to keep other innocents protected. Thanks again for this post -- good luck to you all!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:54 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

alwayscareful wrote:
Heads Up....He is now Harry Stagner and has moved to SeniorPeopleMeet.com.

Have you reported him to the website?

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch