ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BLACKPEOPLEMEET.COM SCAMMER
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:35 am 

Has anyone heard of a person named Lancelot Bent, met in on Blackpeoplemeet.com, says he lives in Minnesota but in UK on personal matter.

He also has a facebook account, his email is lb4u47@yahoo.com

He is supposedly 48, his picture he is bald very good looking.

He contacted me on Dec. 26, 2010, instantly wanted to move to yahoo IM, which i did, continued to talk and instantly within a week he loved me, wanted to be with me, he was originally from MN, but in UK to settle mothers properties following her death. Everything was fine until, he couldnt get properties released due to back taxes. Told him from beginning I have no money, live paycheck to paycheck with no savings. This did not deter him, he finally just ask for money for airline ticket so that he could come home to me and would go back to UK later to settle properties. When I offered to buy the ticket for him in the States, he said safer and easier to do it in UK, now grant you, I knew in my head that this was pretty much a scam all along, but the heart is stronger than the head. I wanted to believe, because he was so perfect for me. So I was almost ready to send him the money next week, when I asked him if he had a drivers license in the states, he told me his ex wife had it and was holding it until he paid back child support. Well from the beginning he stated he had no children, I thought 'GOTCHA", and told him so, he became beligerant and said some nasty things, this was a first, then quickly retracted the nasty verbage and has continued to profess his love for me. I finally said just leave me alone I knew you were a fake all along, so he stated he loved me and always would dont every contact him again, and I said the same. Two days later he IM me, just to tell me how much he loved me. I told him dont start this again, I cant take it.

I dont understand he knows, hes caught, why does he keep professing his love for me, when he knows there is no chance, could I be wrong??????? I know I would like to be.

I will post his pic, asap, but its probably really even him, does anyone know how to find someone with a picture only?

Last edited by suzieqrad on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Dating Scammer
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:46 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

The name that the scammer is using does not really matter . . . they change names often . . . it is the situation that matters. If they ask you to wire them money, it is a scam. 100%

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Re: BLACKPEOPLEMEET.COM SCAMMER
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:33 am 

I think I can help with Lancelot from Minn, I was taken for a nice sum of money from this person in June 2010. His story was that he was working in the UK and because of some type of taxes was stranded and needed help getting home. I met this person on black people meet.com in October 2009 shortly after completing my divorce. I also stated that I did not have money but he insisted that he would pay me back any amount of money. I know that I will never see the money back, but I worried about others being taken by this heartless person. I do have a picture of the person I was supposed to be corresponding with.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:08 am 

scammers are every where even in the united state... but there is an anti scam agent that helped me got a guy that scammed me of over $50.0000.. i had a friend in nigeria that works for shell oil company and he linked me up to get this scammer..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:29 pm 
Gold Member

solutiontoproblem wrote:
scammers are every where even in the united state... but there is an anti scam agent that helped me got a guy that scammed me of over $50.0000.. i had a friend in nigeria that works for shell oil company and he linked me up to get this scammer..

Rubbish.

There's no such thing as an 'anti-scam agent' and no such person in Nigeria to 'get the scammer'. Only the police have the ability. Anyone who tells you they can get the money back or get the scammer is simply another scammer wanting to charge Advance Fees to existing or previous scam victims.

People, never believe fantasies like the one posted above, it simply isn't going to happen without the assistance of LAW ENFORCEMENT in your own country and the one where the scammer is located. ie: less chance than being hit by a meteor.

| CyberCrimeOps.COM (Connect via Facebook) | Internet-Love-Scams.ORG |

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:02 pm 

I totally agree with the above statement by biggles... this service does not exist... if it did we would know about it! I'm sure admin will agree with this too!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:31 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

There are very few stories out there about people who recover money that are actually true, and most of those had to wage a legal battle with their bank in order to recover the money.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:18 pm 

I've never heard of Lancelot Bent but I had 2 scammers contact me through this site. One using the name Frank Anderson who proclaimed that we were perfect for each other after corresponding with me for less than a week. He then proceeds to spin a tale about his sick mother who he was taking care of in Africa and he needed me to send him money. He claimed that he had a client who owed him money but was unable to get him the money right away. He wanted me to give him my address so the client could send the money to me, I could cash the check, keep 200.00 and send him the rest. When I asked why the client couldn't just wire him the money he claimed because he was too Busy! Can you believe that! His client was too busy to wire him the money but he could re-write the check and mail it to me! Give me a break! The second scammer used the name James John. He also claimed to be out of the country on business for his deceased father. He wanted me to pick up a package for him, supposedly containing a million dollars that his father had left from business dealings in the UK. I was supposed to pick up the pkg, pay the courier 1500.00 (which he was going to return to me later of course!). Once I had the pkg he would give me the acct where I needed to deposit the money! Yeah right! When I asked why he couldn't just get a cashiers check or bring the money himself, his excuse was that officials would ask too many questions but if I didnt want to help him, God would help him find a way! Right! Don't believe scammers are on the top of God's "people to help" list! I read reviews on other websites about blackpeoplemeet.com that said this site is full of scammers. After these 2, I decided I wasnt interested in finding out if it was really FULL of scammers, all I knew is that the 2 guys I thought were good catches were only interested in trying to scam me out of what little money I have so when my membership expired I left it expired. By the way they both also asked me to start corresponding thru yahoo. Not sure if this is also part of the scam or just an easy form of communication because of IM but just thought I'd mention it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:47 pm 

This Lancelot Bent just recently contacted me through Plenty of Fish online dating site. He gave me the same story he gave you regarding being in UK to settle his mother's estate. Just like you, I thought he was perfect for me, but then he started bullying me into do things and I finally have had enough. I will not put up with this scam any longer. He told me he was a civil engineer and that he needed some service from Ciemen.com and asked me to pay for it. He then proceeded to ask me to pay for a "friend's" subscription to Marriagemindedpeoplemeet.com. Like you, he convinced me he wanted to chat online at yahoo and I would send emails, but never would get a response other than about every 5 days or so saying he needed to talk to me. I did receive an email from him stating that he needed $200 because his landlord was going to chase him out. Told him I didn't have the money and would not send him money until we met face to face and got to know each other outside the online thing. Just received another email from him this morning saying that he has been very busy and that we needed to talk. I deleted the email and removed him from my friends on facebook. Am sorry to those of you who lost a significant amount of money to this man. He should be ashamed of himself as I am a disabled woman.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:24 pm 

Yeah,

He sure was too good to be true, he used too get to me like clockwork 4-5 times a day. He didnt' leave me be for a while. Havent heard from him and dont expect to, dont even believe that is his pic, would love to know who the guy in the pic really is though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:35 pm 

Does anyone know of a Ron Chester Dixon??? His real first name is Roy. He has postings on several dating websites with a fake pic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:36 pm 

Beware of someone by the name of Dave Roy, I met him via Match.com, he scammed me out of a fair chunk of change. Another one to be ware of is someone by the name of James Mayor, he wanted me to wire him money to help him with a tax problem he had with the IRS. Is there not any non scamming men on these dating sites? Am tired of it. Both of these were from Match.com.

mn volunteer

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:17 pm 

I wonder If i ran into the same guy, i met him online and he stated he lived in texas. We chatted via messenger for about two weeks. then all of a sudden he said he was in africa with his mother. So I laughed and he got really angry saying that he was in love with me and he was trying to be a good father for his kids and thats why he was there. RED FLAG!!!! So the next day I got a message saying that his son had been diagnosed with a rare disease and needed help with the medical bills. When i didn't respond he got very indignent when i got back on line and cussed he out he told me has was not a liar and gave me his address. I told him to never contact me ever again, needless to say this fool really thinks he can wear me down and ill give money.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:15 am 

suzieqrad wrote:
I dont understand he knows, hes caught, why does he keep professing his love for me, when he knows there is no chance, could I be wrong??????? I know I would like to be.

That's exactly why he keeps trying. You are giving him the opportunity and reason to do so.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:12 pm 

I agree with MNVolunteer - I'm having my doubts about any online dating service. Even the one I got scammed on managed to match me with someone where there might as well be red flags all around their picture and a big "Scam Artist" sign around their neck. Or have I just lost all trust in everything? Don't know. :shock: