ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i think i may have just been scammed
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:33 am 

:( hi guys i am new here. i just wanted some advice. i met a man about a month ago online. his photo that he sent me was not glamorous and didn't look like it was professionally done or anything like that so i didnt really think anything of it at the time. after about a week or so he started telling me that he loved me and i was very taken aback. i knew of course that it was way too soon and thought it was strange but still continued to talk to him (silly me). anyway we kept talking online and sometimes on the phone, but he never rang me it was always me calling him. And he kept telling me that he was going to come to australia with his son to see me. about two weeks ago he told me that he was in nigeria on business and that his son had fallen very ill. he said he had something wrong with his appendix and was critically ill. not long after this he asked me to send him some money because his son needed a blood transfusion and he said he couldn't access his funds from nigeria. i thought that very strange and i didnt' send him the money but he kept asking me and got very upset with me because i wouldn't send him the money and kept telling me that he thought he would lose his son. i kept telling him that i would't send him any money and he didnt like that. anyway i wrote him an open and very honest message and he has not written back yet so i feel like i have been lied to this whole time. i am feeling so broken hearted right now. what do you all think? thanks.

Post subject: Re: i think i may have just been scammed
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:27 am 
Gold Member

First off, he is a scammer and he played with your heart to try and get money from you. I am sorry you where/are hurt by this person. If it would make you feel any better post his information he used and hopefully you will save other people the heartache and trouble you have gone through.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:04 am 

Dear broken hearted :
I do wish some people had a stake driven through their's. I am so sorry you are hurt by this scam. I am however a lady also and knows what it is like to feel hurt by the heart. I dont
want anyone to feel bad. You have to admit , though, that people around the world are not as genuine in their feeling as we are. I just wanted you to know , you are very lucky, that you didn't give in to his plot to empty your bank account ! Some people know how to use a person and not have the faintest idea that we are trusting,loving people . I wish everyone out there, had our honesty.God Bless You, and just remember there is people you can talk to here that hopefully can help heal your broken heart.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:36 am 

Grace - sounds like another 'Sir Scam-a-Lot'

i would suggest you block his email, block his IM address and if you can, block his phone calls. the sooner you cut this off the better.

i can empathize with you - sadly there are evil people in the world who hurt others and make a nice living from it.

you will be fine - take it one day at a time! :wink: