ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Communicating with Scammers
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:13 am 

This is just my opinion from my experience....i have been scammed three times..and the third one got me in alot of trouble when i tried to report it...please read my thread
"postal money order scam..i was wrongfully arrested"

I would make no contact at all with these folks.....after reading my story you will see how easily the authorities can put the fault in your lap...i was accused of communicating and socializing with nigerians...asked how long i had been in contact with nigerians..accused of assisting them and being apart of their origanization when i was arrested...because they found the last email i had in my van i had brought to the post office to report the postal money orders as suspicious...it initially worked against me in their eyes..the authorities..and still may if they twist it even though it was regarding the transaction and how it came about with email and contact info...thats why i get goose bumps when i read about those participating in this bait thing..and continuing communication with them..this just might come back on folks doing this..they took my computer and scanned my hard drive..and i am sure my email accounts...which they say they don't do emails..right!! but if they should come to your door and demand your computer and see all of these emails and contacts with them...oh boy...i can't stress this enough from what i am experiencing...the authorities will consider this probably not in your favor...do not be surprised if some of these emails of scams you get are undercover detectives..looking for those who will take fees or launder money back...you would think they would see you as innocent..but they won't...they see it as ongoing communication with criminals and you doing so knowingly...even if you are doing nothing wrong..they are criminals and you are partaking in communication with them knowing their intentions..even if you don't partake in the scam they are trying to pull off..
say some new scam comes out and you get caught up in it unknowingly like all of us here have at some point or time...when they come to get your computer and see all this communication with them..... to investigate your possible involvement..its not going to look good on your behalf in the eyes of authorities... remember i had only three points of contact through three people over three transactions...was lost on what was happening with the first but it didn't clear the bank and nothing became of it..totally refused the arrangements on the second though they send it anyway and turned it over to the bank..and was informed by the third and went to report it at the post office...i was arrested and defending charges of forgery on my behalf..
I would highly suggest to avoid any contact of outgoing mail to these scammers...i agree its funny to play with them and mess with their heads..but at what cost? you just might find yourself getting burned down the road for doing so because of how it looks in the eyes of the authorities...no matter what the conversation consist of...the best defense is to ignore them and report them as spam...

Just something to think about and what i am learning from my nightmare still going on with the authorities...and this all started over a art auction on yahoo back on Nov 9th...i surprisingly got a over payment and was not informed before hand....they just sent it... so until i got the payment..nothing seemed wrong until i took it to the post office to report it as suspicious because it was for more then the amount of sale...pretrail is tom!

Please listen to me on this and put some thought into it...................Do Not in anyway Communicate with these CRIMINALS

Angel Hugs!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:42 pm 

Sweetie I hate to be the one to inform you , but there are feds, cops and other legal professionals taking part in baiting these criminals. Sometimes it nets valuable info on who they are and where they are, other times it wastes their time and makes fools of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:12 pm 

Point being there is a big difference when the feds and detectives do it..then one of us doing it..for one it gives the authorities more ability to surprise and throw these folks off for more info to catch them when they bait them...two when something arises as in my situation for example, it doesn't look good to have communications with these folks or playing detective..they just see it as communication period ...and we all know how the authorities can twisted and turned things when they start digging and grabbing at straws...
and like i said ..say one of the emails recieved is a undercover person ..it may take two or three reponses while reeling them in before you make your surprise..gotcha fraudster...before that happens the law may already be at your door step and feel they don't need to hear anymore and you are now suspicious in their eyes..before you have a chance to clarify...i baited you sucker..i pulled a good one on ya didn't i! surprise!
i don't think the authorities are going to care much for the story..i was reeling them in to get info out of them or playing games with them..i just didn't have enough time to clarify that..i was doing it to gather info for the authorities to help catch them....thats why i didn't come right out and end the email immediately and carried on before i revealed i was on to them and made clear the answer was no...
or maybe you was able to clarify the end means..they still could accuse you of many reasons for finally declining or backing off maybe because of cold feet for some reason...
this could take all kinds of twist and turns and come back and bite someone...and the authorities are gonna make real clear...thats why you shouldn't play detective cause we have no way of knowing what your full intentions where and maybe you felt tipped off even when you did declined finally..
Like i said....this could take many twist and turns in soo many ways and i would strongly advise anyone to not have any communications with these criminals and let the law take care of that end...but don't go playing detective baiting them...the only thing i see coming from that is more legal issues and trouble...i say this because of the issues that have been brought to my attention from my experience..especially while being interigated at the police station and the way they think and dig..
just some sound advice to take or leave for thought ...and i sure hope no one ends up on the road side of the fence should they participate in such activities because without a doubt...it was with good intentions...just my little imput and food for thought

Angel Hugs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:00 am 
"...i was accused of communicating and socializing with nigerians"

Is this a criminal offence where you live?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:11 am 

you didn't explain why you was accused of this? what was the illegal nature of the communication that lead to this accusation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:09 pm 

DeAnne you stated that you were scammed more than once, was it all by Nigerians???? if so thinking like a cop would think, why did you continue to talk to these people? Why were you not more cautious when approached with an offer that was too good to be true?

You have to put yourself in the place of police and think history repeating itself.

Yes I agree there are cops out there who should be sat in a room and shamed from one end of this planet to the other for being stupid, but there are some who do look at the BIG picture and become very suspicious of people who claim to have been scammed more than once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:28 am 
Deanna , What color is the sky in your world ??? Trust me there are those of us that have been baiting for year's now . If the fed's wanted to stop us or out law it they would of . The power's that be are fully aware of the grate service that baiter's do . And let's face the fact that almost all the scammer's are out side the reach of the american law system . Your first misstake was being taken the second time let alone the third . And come on if you were a cop would you take seriously a emailer with the name Kim Gaptooth , or Dick Nasty , Dick Fittswell . And someone who would talk about his brother buggering sheep ? The Fed's and cop's would portray them selve's as a would be victim . Just like us baiter's do . Rebelx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:17 am 

Okay, I guess we all know of the saying that once bitten, twice shy. But nevertheless, we still cannot blame Deanna for her situation. Maybe she was gullible (like I have been also) during those three instances, but we also need to remember that she never intended to be in a situation a such. It is not her fault. I believe that better steps need to be taken by authroities such that they could recognize us as victims and do what they really are authorized to do, which is to catch the real cons and scammers.
Deanna, whatever the outcome of your situation might be, don't continue to beat yourself up on it. I would hope though that you take this as a learing experience and that you wouldn't have to make a mistake as such for a fourth time.
Whatever happens, just try to move on with life and start over fresh and new, if necessary. That's what I'm trying to do now. And don't ever take payments by cheques or money orders again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:29 am 

As a warning for the rest of your guys, if someone contacts you with the name of Paula Jones, and the person's email address is muritad2000@yahoo.com, with phone number +234-802-750-5524, that person is a scammer. Have nothing to do with this person, since this is the person who scammed me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:21 am 

Ok here is the short and skinny with DeAnn's situation

First of all no matter what you are accused of, you have the right to make the state prove beyond doubt that you intended to scam someone, or that you had intent to defraud. Suspicion is not enough to solidify a jury convicting someone on such.

Begin doing homework NOW take info to your atty that will help him/her to prove this happens every day to thousands of people worldwide, your case is just one of the many and not unique in nature.

Your problem is going to be to get past the massive amts of emails back and forth that they are using against you as what they see as proof of being supportive of scammers and helping them.

Demand email tracing reports on some of those emails, this will in part prove they were not in the USA. If they lead back to Nigeria oh gee what a cooincidence that Nigeria is scam capital of the third world.

you want to establish strong and clear that you were the intended victim and that psychological ploys, fancy words, consistant conning kept you talking to them, you did not know it was a scam and that makes you the victim not the perpetrator.

Be aware if they can establish other situations where you have been scammed and this is not isolated incident they may try to use that against you.

Hope this helps but honey you have to help yourself in this too, we can only help you so much. I had to do so much research in my own case and educate my attys who were totally without a clue as to what a nigerian counterfeit check scam was. Had I not done my homework with the help of good people, I would be in prison for something I didnt even do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:04 pm 
i don't know ....what was the color in all of your worlds when it happened to you??.....hello!!! some how....some way...my story must have been missed..because somehow you guys think this happened in some other way then what was explained...and by the way...the new prosecutor..is seriously considering dismissing this ...the other prosecutor was fired!!!
the time line of all three counterfeits happened within one week..did some of you read??....yet i see some did!..but some did not!!

tell me karyn...did you not say your bank suggested it sit until it cleared?????...your counterfeit item????

but you instead took it to a check cashing business for quicker clearance same day????????...........now talk about not seeing the red flag!! now talk about making oneself a victim????...but yet i can see how it happened to you...i can!!!!...banks want to sit on money as long as they can..until one knows why in this situation????...that such forms of payments are not legit now ..no longer...
but you can't see me refusing the second item??? and turned it over as suspicious???...and it was counterfeit!!!!..

and the third one within the week in postal money orders i reported the same by experience..as counterfeit..that makes me what???????
an idiot???? for doing what....calling the second one..and the third one..yet the postal office screwed up and said it was legit!!!!!!!!!....

that makes me and others whose banks told them they would be good in a few days????....a what??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:21 pm 
honey you have to help yourself too!!!!!!...says karyn..

what help have you been ?......and i am not
helping myself?????...... Karyn??????

what are you doing for me but upsetting me..being judgemental..what are you doing??????

you have done nothing but spit in my face karyn!!!!!!!!!...when my back was turned!!!!!!
i will be the most successful outcome of all cases that will be posted on this board.....lets see if i walk away will less then a dropped case...

i am a fire cracker when my passion is fired..as a matter of fact my lawyer was soo impressed with my presentation to the prosecutor he put me in charge of the whole representation that was made at pretrial and gave me flying colors for my professional self representation when he gave me the floor!!!!!!

now honey.....???? ...what are you helping me with??????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:26 pm 
wolf i appreciate the warning!! god love ya! this is what i believe this board was about..i will be on the look out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:36 am 

Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 8:28 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deanna , What color is the sky in your world ??? Trust me there are those of us that have been baiting for year's now . If the fed's wanted to stop us or out law it they would of . The power's that be are fully aware of the grate service that baiter's do . And let's face the fact that almost all the scammer's are out side the reach of the american law system . Your first misstake was being taken the second time let alone the third . And come on if you were a cop would you take seriously a emailer with the name Kim Gaptooth , or Dick Nasty , Dick Fittswell . And someone who would talk about his brother buggering sheep ? The Fed's and cop's would portray them selve's as a would be victim . Just like us baiter's do . Rebelx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the only reason you took the time...Rebel..to state this is because it put some truth of fire under you pants!!!!!!
makes sense!!!??????
and before you state my mistakes...detective..Rebel..know your facts for starters!!!!.....your just not a very good baiter let alone a detective which is why you should tend to your family and job and not play detective!!!
Do you really have that much time on your hands to just look for trouble without a legal badge? and then wanna cry when the real detectives are knocking at your door???????.....i think enough folks have found enough trouble without looking for it or asking for it on this board and have paid dearly for it...so what will be your excuse?
Hope you really enjoy enduring the stress and financial burdens those of us have had to endure for doing nothing wrong....while you play detective and get your jollies....
and what did the rest of us do.......get side swiped..or like me..turn in the second and third transaction and get arrested for doing so.....like i said...you are not a very good detective or investigator..........if you were you would not have stated what you did..or would you be baiting the criminal...you like most of us would run as far away as possible because the legalities...money and stress would have been soo extreme for something you did not take part in that you would not want to be within a state close to or associated with...!!!!!!!!
but keep encouraging folks to do soo....what comes around goes around!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:44 am 
Last i checked this group was here as a preventive measure......not to encourage folks to invent trouble for themselves!!!??????

Angel Hugs!!
DeAnna