Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: iv been scammed and i need help and answers or what to do
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:39 pm 

:( :( :(

hey!
a few weeks ago a lady named carla webb emailed me and sent me a job form listed below...
i applied back beacuse i have a 11th month old son and i sit at hime with him and nothing sounded better to sit at home with him and also work frm home so replied... well she never wrote back so i brushed it off well a few days later she said a check should be in the mail in the next few days.. i mailed back and said what check, ehat is this business, what are the duties and so on. she never replied well i got a check for 2950,40 well i didnt know what to do so i deposited the check thinking they wouldnt let me cash that much money and have it on hand and i would send it back via western union.. well i told her this and she said that was fine and i told her after i sent it i no longer wanted to do this anymore,, she never answered well the check cleared and is showed some one took it out and hten this mornig some one took it out again even the money i had in my checking acct. so i have negaitve 2970,60 and im devastated i emailed her and told her this was so joke and i was livid for her to fix this out because they took it out twice and now im negative... she replied back and said i dont think this is funny if you do not have my money to me in 24 hrs. i will take legal actions to you and your bank!!!!
i dont know what to do and im devasted... how can she hava access to my acct. and then try to sue me!!! i dont know where to star or what to do!!!
someone please hepl me!!!

Brittany

here is the email below

Hello,
Thanks for signifying your interest,we would like you to know that we are glad to be having you on board,but first you would have to fill our employment form and return to me. I am giving you a copy in this email that you would fill and return back to me.

So please when replying ,kindly tell me some things about you that would make this more personal,as you know we must know a few things about you like if your married,your gender and if your presently employed (although been employed would NOT reduce your chances of working with us) So get back with the filled form and let start doing business....

Note: We will never ask you for anything more than that which we have stated above. passwords, SSN# etc. If anyone ask for those on our behalf please do not give out this info.This is to ensure your security and non involvement in cases of Identity theft.

I will be hoping to hear from You soon,since its a job that can enable you to work from home.You'll also stand the chances of being a part of our future and the excellence of a CHARITY FOUNDATION in which you will be highly appreciated.We are in search for an Online Accounts Clerk.

Salary is $30 an hour for 5 hours a day, 5days a week.
No Selling or Marketing or commission.
No registration or sign-up fee..Hope to hear from you soon.

We have been receiving orders from United States and Canada,Which we have not been able to process competently and completely since we do not have a payment receiving personnel in these Areas.We have decided to recruit payment officers online hence we will be needing a representative/Bookkeeper to process our payments in these areas - due to delays in processing payments from these areas in London, United Kingdom and other part of Europe Counties.

Requirements:

*A high school diploma, preferably with courses in Accounting or related courses,Mathematics and Computer applications,with one year work experience.
* Should be self-motivated, committed and possess good communication
Skills.

*Computer literate in Microsoft Office.
*Experienced in working with money.
*Extensive experience in dealing with the public.

We have payments pending and would like you to start with us as soon as possible. Here is a copy of the form...

EMPLOYMENT FORM
Reference No:- LSLCA/2031/ 8161/05 Batch No:- R4/A313/2-60
First Name:................ Middle Name:................ Last Name:....................
Address Line 1.............................................
Address Line 2...................................
City..........................................
State.....................
Zip................
Home Phone.......................
Cell Phone.........................
Gender.............
Marital Status........................
Age.................
Nation of Origin.............................
Current job.................................

ATTESTATION
According to how you have been briefed earlier. You are required to receive payment on behalf of the above mentioned firm. You are to deduct 10% of all funds processed on a particular order & forward the balance payment via western union to any of the companies regional outlets that will be given to you later. You will notify the company a week ahead if eventually you want to discontinue this job. So as to terminate all payment coming your way to avoid conflict.

Date...................
So i would be expecting to hear from you soon,have a lovely day.

Regards
Tracy Walter
Administrative Secretary.
service@parttimeoffice.org

Post subject: Re: iv been scammed and i need help and answers or what to do
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:10 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Brittany,
I just want to make sure I have everything straight . . . you deposited the check, but YOU never took any money out, correct? Did you ever give her you bank account information? Does anyone else have your account info . . . is it a joint account?

What could have happened is that once the bank found out that the check was counterfeit they took the money back out of your account . . . if the check is counterfeit, then the money is not "real" and the bank does not want you to spend it.

What happens to MOST people is that they wire the money off BEFORE they know that the check is counterfeit, then once the bank finds out that the check is counterfeit THEY deduct the amount from your account to cover their butts, and that would leave you in the negative. Now, if you did NOT wire any money/take any of that money out, I don't see why you would have gone negative . . . that is where I was not clear on your story and wanted to verify if you removed any of the money from the account or if it was a joint account and someone else could have done it.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:30 pm 

hey~~

no i gave her no access what so ever to my acct. thats why i wasnt sure how it did that it dont even say who took it out it just says debit!
i didnt use any of the money whatso ever!!
what can i do????

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:13 am 
Gold Member

contact your bank, if you did not take out the money, then you are fine.

Communication with your bank is the key here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:51 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Make sure you tell the bank the full story . . . let them know that when it first started off you did not know it was a scam, and now you know it is, and you did not take the money out . . . it is probably just a computer error and it will be easily fixed.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:51 pm 

I got a check for 2, 950.50 It was from Seville CSC Robert Delgreco.; Its had number of 330-975-4202
and its in Ohio 44273 DHL Delivered it you didnt have to sign or anything.

I called the number and they said welcome to Allied Palmer rita is not here leave a message
Strange.
I did not cash the check yet. because i am cautious about this stuff.

Michelle

We are in search for an Online Accounts Clerk.
Salary is $30 an hour for 5 hours a day; 5days a week.
No Selling or Marketing or commission.
No registration or sign up fee.
Work from home. Responsibilities:

*Mailing out checks to customers and staffs
*Making out and Receiving payments
*Attending contract seminars on the company's behalf.
*Cash management process; Ensuring that suppliers are paid within terms and cash-flow constraints
Any other related duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Accountant.

Requirements:
*A high school diploma, preferably with courses in Accounting, Mathematics and Computer
*Applications, with one year work experience;
*Should be self-motivated, committed and possess good communicationSkills;
*Computer literate in Microsoft Office
*Experienced in working with money
*Extensive experience in dealing with the public,If you are an interested applicant forward your resume/CV
N:B Compensation and monthly allowance are been allocated to staffs that put in there best abilities when performing there jobs.

Yours sincerely,

Tracy .W
Personnel Manager
XTS Services Limited

Let me start by introducing myself and the Company to you, I am Tracy the Personnels Manager of the firm
We posted our job add as a result of trying to get an online account staff/reresentative in association with ( ACCOUNTING/ADMINISTRATIVE/BOOKKEEPER/DATA ENTRY/CUSTOMER SERVICE/ONLINE CLERK/ONLINE TYPIST WANTED-: WORK FROM HOME INICIATIVE ) - WORK FROM HOME INICIATIVE ) For $35 Per Hr. ( location not required ) Organisation.. . is a United Kingdom baby firm which is just getting to 6 year old, seeking assistance with the work from home iniciative to assist with clerical and administrative duties online pending the establishment of our New Outlets in Ontario,Canada, New York and United Kingdom, United States.We are into Computer Peripherals Supplies. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of independent dialysis providers around the world by leveraging today's most innovative technologies to deliver a full spectrum of high-quality services to the business community.We Specialize in all kinds of Computer peripherals Suplies such as ATX case, Networking Routers, HDDX Compacts, Satilite HDD Communicator, Computer Pheripherals, CD-R Hard Drives, Memory Sticks and many more.

CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES:
Your duty when work commences are to be provided by your supervisor which would be made known to you . You would be giving Logs and records of company transactions that are back dated and back logged to sort out and help to ascertain balance sheets and computer records of several invoicing and payments made in past transactions. This are the enormous logs that the company needs an extra hand for, which made it necessary for the company to employ Online staffs to record company transactions the ever growing needs of our clients.

Now the software you would be having would entail the proper data entry and arrangements of records being sorted out along side with Microsoft office Soft.( Spread sheet and Excel ). This would help make it easier. After Logs have been processed by you, the end data would be passed on to your supervisor by through the Accounting Software. ( Tuition and Training on how to use the softwares before the equipments are received. )
Here is a Brief Questionaire that would help us acertain your skills and experience.
Interview Questions

IMPORTANT: Send in Your Full Name, Address and Contact phone number so we could reach you after the Interview and create a folder for you on the adminstrative desk.
Regards.
Tracy
Email :service@parttimeoffice.org

PAYROLL & WORKING SCHEDULE

You are requested to send in an Email Today with the Subject ** Duration & Payroll ** This would contain answers to the Following:
1. How man hours are you willing to Work per day? ( 5hr Maximum )
2. What time range? ( Morning Section 8am-12noon or Afternoon section 3pm-6pm )
3. Payroll Interval? ( Weekly or Bi-weekly )
4. Payroll Method? ( Bank transfer or Check )
NOTE: Please make sure you send this as soon as possible.
WORKING REQUIREMENTS

Equipments have been provided by the Company. This includes a Dell Laptop/Notebook for mobility and some other Software's for accuracy, Speed of data processing, Time Monitoring and Effectiveness. Details on the Uses and delivery of these equipmets would be provided to you as soon as you get started. You would be Given the Following as soon as you have all your mini office equipments to get you started: * Supervisor ( Name and Contact Phone Numbers ) * Staff User Name and Password for Our Website Link (For easy access to company data and task for each day) ( Our Website is Under Major Construction and it is expected to be completed within the Next 20 Working days ) * Date of delivery of your equipments will be mailed to you.
Once Again You are Welcome !
Thanks for the email. You will get the funds before this week runs out. Your payroll will be coming in form of check or money orders Once you receive it, you are required to cash it and then proceed with the following instruction.* Deduct $100 For BS/ 1 Accounting software which is to be purchased next week.
* Deduct $100 for your self for signing Bonus ( This is to help to Multivate staff towards commencement of work)* Transfer the rest of the funds to the Shipping agent to effect Shipping Logistics for your Laptop and other office equipments ( this should be done via Western Union money Transfer or Money Gram)Remember the charges for transferring the funds should be deducted from the total funds remaining. You are not to use your personal money to do so. Send in an email with the details of the transfer as soon as it is completed so I can forward it to the shipping agent. It is important you complete the transfer before any purchase in order to effect speedy shipping of your equipment. As soon as the transfer is completed the shipping agent would provide a delivery date to me for your equipments which i would in turn pass to you.

Note: There would be an overall evaluation of your assessment on the petty cash details and arrangement of this little expenditure. It's very Important that all receipts are to be kept for the records as you would be doing in a scanned copy to the Personnel department via email as soon as your equipment arrives.Finally, your working hours will start counting as soon as your equipment arrived and set. I 'll get back to you with the shipping agent details and information on when the check will be delivered to you.I need your name and address with a valid phone number that your payroll should be address with
Thanks for your Anticipation in progress

Regards
Tracy .W

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:33 am 
Gold Member

"Thanks for your Anticipation in progress"

is that phrase even used in the English language.................?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:40 pm 

Boy there really trying I still have the check can they do anything if i have not cashed it?

Hello,
Good morning and how is your week going,dhl has delivered the first assignment to you and have not heard you yet,kindly get back to me with the money gram details asap because there are so many assignments pending and we need you to complete the first assignment before we can commence the second one.

waiting to read from you.

Regards
Hello,
Good morning and how are you today,i have not heard from you concerning the funds that you recieved,kindly get back to me with the money gram details asap.

Regards

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:00 pm 

Just ignore them... after a while they'll figure that you figured it out and won't bother you any more. Just tear up the check and move on. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:07 am 

ximora wrote:
Just ignore them... after a while they'll figure that you figured it out and won't bother you any more. Just tear up the check and move on. 8)

Hi,

I agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting.
Apart from that, you also can ref more resources at:Construction supervisor interview questions
Tks and best regards