ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FUN! with Rental Scammers. It's not just Craigslist Anymore.
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:23 pm 

Hello readers and Shawn,

Well, been awhile since I've been here but just put my room back up for rent and got my 1st scammer for the summer. Last year I recieved over 40 bogus money orders, checks and cashiers checks that were just beautiful conterfits and many were still active accts. that I contacted to let them know their accts. had been comprimised. It was hard to think up so many silly names and storys to tell my potential scammers names like "Mr. I.P. Freely, Amanda Poker, Anita Hanjaab, Ben Derhover, Neil Anblomi, Etc. I have framed several and hung in my bathroom for friends and guests to read. Highest check overnighted to me for rent, $18,000 which he wanted half western union'd back.

New gal just emailed me after answering my post in the Los Angeles Backpage website for roomates wanted. Remember, You have to read from the bottom up to see how the emails back and forth went. This Scammer is using the name "Victoria McGreger" I LOVE how these scammers elaborate their stories by the 3rd email how they love to sit by the ocean, been screwed over by a guy.....etc. Enjoy my reponses.....LOL :evil:

THIS IS THE LAST EMAIL I WROTE AND NOW JUST WAITING FOR THE OVERNITED CHECK SO START FROM THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST FOR THE 1ST EMAIL I RECIEVED TO GET THE WHOLE STORY. BTW, I'm a man.

Hello Victoria,

How wonderful you get to travel! I am a retired school teacher and am lucky to get to go to Bingo or the Italian restaurant in town that has card games in the back part every month or so. I would love to rent the room to you. The rent would be $650 per month with last months rent which is required, so the total move-in would be $1300. I also have 2 cats and a small ferret who loves to cuddle and climb up my pantsuit leg which I enjoy very much and reminds me of my first husband "Theo" who was killed by the Nigerian rebel army 25 years ago, I was left with quite a bit of money that was paid to me by the government for the inconvienence and bought this house and hired a young male housekeeper and replace every 6 months or so. I also have a small fish pond in the backyard which has a distinct odor in the summer if any of the fish die and I don't see them at the bottom (my eyes are not what they use to be) but, your room is in the front part of the house so don't worry about the smell.

I am the only other person who lives here so it would be just us two girls, perhaps you will show me some of your modeling clothes and if I lose weight perhaps even try on some of them. however, that could be some time since I am currently a size 18 and 5' 2" tall.

I so look forward to meeting you and can't wait until your arrival back from Manila. Here is the info for your agency to send any letters and money order.

Ms. Ivanna Tinkel
65 S. ............
Ca, USA

Thank you dear and may god bless you.

--- On Thu, 5/28/09, Victoria Mcgreger <mcgreger_victoria@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: backpage response: Huge Room available in Claremont near colleges...
To: "Mam......." <mama........@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 1:20 PM

Let me tell you a little about myself,I'm 29 years old professional,I was born and brought up in NY,Brooklyn.Have never been married but have been into a committed relationship before which i was been cheated on (IM STILL SINGLE)I really don't know what to say as i ain't so good at writing essays, LOL...I'm not so used to telling much about myself ,But here is a bit of me,I consider myself to be a caring, loving, confident, and very kind human being. I value honesty and good manners I'm a very simple person but at the same time I have style and presence. I respect good values and hard work I love to travel and have fun......Have learnt to live a very careful life and also been honest because i figured life is too short for any kind of dishonesty.I love to swim,listen to good music,i just enjoy outdoor generally,..I consider myself well mannered and open minded,easy going and very affectionate.I enjoy drinking wine,Sitting on a park bench and just staring at the water. I enjoy going to the movies,and also listening to good music, i would love living in an environment like that as i know i am gonna be in a fulfilled and responsible company which is what i am looking for, i would definitely treat our home just like its mine.. I sure would have loved calling on details to come check out the place but i am not in the States at the moment thats why i want it ready upon my arrival and i am presently in Paris,France on a modeling trip, we are heading out for Manila, Philippines tonight should be back in the States in about 1 week at the latest but i wanna secure the room for myself before arrival so i will like to know the details of the place and the details of renting the room also, please kindly let me know all this so that i can know what to do next regarding the renting of the room as i am highly interested in living in that kind of environment...Well, i would want the room for about a minimum of 6-7 months but i could be paying on a monthly basis, thats fine by you right ?? I plan on setting up a clothing store there once i have settled down well in my new environment as i wanna leave the modeling scene for sometime as its quite stressful and demands too much traveling..The rent is ok by me, i thought food was included(just kidding)....So what next do i need to do to get the room ??
Well, all my expenses are taken care of by the modeling agency so all I have to do is look for a place i am gonna stay and the agency would pay...I should be moving over in the next 2 weeks at the latest, so how do i pay for the place, do i have my sponsor send you a U.S Money Order to cover all expenses for the place, if so whats the name the Money Order is to be issued as well as the address its to be sent...I am a very easygoing person who minds her own business, so you don't worry as you wouldn't have a problem with me, alright then..Have attached 2 of my photos to this email

I will be waiting for your response.

Best Regards,

Victoria

--- On Thu, 5/28/09, Mama....... <mam........@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: backpage response: Huge Room available in Claremont near colleges...
To: MCGREGER_VICTORIA@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 7:46 PM

Hi Victoria, .

Yes the place is still available. it is a nice quiet are. a very big room with shared bathroom. The rent is $650 per month for 1 person and $760 for 2 people. To move in requires 1st and last months rent.

Please let me know how you want to proceed.

Thank you,

Ms. Ivanna

--- On Thu, 5/28/09, MCGREGER_VICTORIA@yahoo.com <MCGREGER_VICTORIA@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: MCGREGER_VICTORIA@yahoo.com <MCGREGER_VICTORIA@yahoo.com>
Subject: backpage response: Huge Room available in Claremont near colleges...
To: mamadimaios@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 8:51 AM

FORWARD REPLY TO MY PRIVATE EMAIL- MCGREGER_VICTORIA@YAHOO.COM

Hello there,
How are you doing hope fine... I am very much interested in staying in a place like this as i checked out your profile and i am quite impressed...Send me an email - to know the details as i would like to secure the place ASAP, as well as available pics of the place and wouldn't mind knowing more about you as i am looking for a responsible and trustworthy company to live with...Looking forward to your soonest reply...Victoria

To view this posting, please click the following link:

http://losangeles.backpage.com/Roommate ... ...........

This person has contacted you anonymously through losangeles.backpage.com. If you believe their email is a scam, spam, or inappropriate, please forward this email to abuse@backpage.com.

Post subject: Re: FUN! with Rental Scammers. It's not just Craigslist Anymore.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:32 am 

yeah, i got an email from this person too. here was my reply>>>>>>

RE: backpage response: 1BR available for rent ASAP...?
Sent: Sun 7/12/09 10:24 AM
To: mcgreger_victoria@yahoo.com

Thanks Victoria, for your quick response. You sound like a lovely person with an exciting life. However, I'm a bit alarmed that you've divulged so much information about your personal life without needing to. Also, the photos didn't seem to come through, just an fyi. The room is still available. To move in, you'd need the first month's rent plus last month's rent, as well as an additional month for security. Since the rent is $875, that would be a total of $2,625, which I would need in hand before moving in (US money order only, of course). After that, monthly payments are fine, though I'm sure we can discuss that down the line if you do take the room. When will you be in NYC for an in-person meeting? Also, what is the agency you are modeling for? I work in the entertainment industry as well (mostly music, but I have designed my own clothing line as well), so I'm sure I can get a reference for you through mutual friends. Keep me posted.

Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 22:57:06 -0700
Subject: RE: backpage response: 1BR available for rent ASAP...
To: (took of my email address for privacy)

I'm 29 years old professional,I was born and brought up in NY,Brooklyn.Have never been married but have been into a committed relationship before which i was been cheated on (IM STILL SINGLE)I really don't know what to say as i ain't so good at writing essays, LOL....I'm not so used to telling much about myself ,But here is a bit of me I consider myself to be a caring, loving, confident, and very kind human being.. I value honesty and good manners I'm a very simple person but at the sametime I have style and presence. I respect good values and hard work I love to travel and have fun......Have learnt to live a very careful life and also been honest because i figured life is too short for any kind of dishonesty.I love to swim,listen to good music,I just enjoy outdoor generally,..I consider myself well mannered and open minded,easy going and very affectionate.I enjoy drinking wine,Sitting on a park bench and just staring at the water. I enjoy going to the movies,and also listening to good music,I would love living in an environment like that as i know i am gonna be in a fulfilled and responsible company which is what i am looking for, i would definitely treat our home just like its mine.. I sure would have loved calling on details to come check out the place but i am not in the States at the moment thats why i want it ready upon my arrival and i am presently in Paris,France on a modeling trip, we are heading out for Manila, Philippines tonight should be back in the States in about 1 week at the latest but i wanna secure the room for myself before arrival so i will like to know the details of the place and the details of renting the room also, please kindly let me know all this so that i can know what to do next regarding the renting of the room as i am highly interested in living in that kind of environment...Well, i would want the room for about a minimum of 6-7 months but i could be paying on a monthly basis, thats fine by you right ??Kindly get back to me with the amount I'm to pay.Have attached 2 of my photos to this email

Looking forward to hearing from you

Victoria

--- On Sat, 7/11/09, (took of my email address for privacy) wrote:

Subject: RE: backpage response: 1BR available for rent ASAP...
To: mcgreger_victoria@yahoo.com
Date: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 11:20 PM

Hello Victoria, thanks for getting back to me regarding the apartment. Im currently out of the country until next week, but can send photos as soon as i have a moment. In the meantime, can you give me a bit more info on what you are looking for? are you living in NYC permanently or would this be temporary? etc etc?

Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 22:07:12 -0400
To: (took of my email address for privacy)
Subject: backpage response: 1BR available for rent ASAP...

Hello there,
How are you doing hope fine... I am very much interested in staying in a place like this as i checked out your profile and i am quite impressed...Send me an email - to know the details as i would like to secure the place ASAP, as well as available pics of the place and wouldn't mind knowing more about you as i am looking for a responsible and trustworthy company to live with...Looking forward to your soonest reply...Victoria

To view this posting, please click the following link:

http://newyork.backpage.com/Roommates/_ ... id=7666829

This person has contacted you anonymously through newyork.backpage.com. If you believe their email is a scam, spam, or inappropriate, please forward this email to abuse@backpage.com.