ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nice guys finish last :-/ dating scam
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:48 am 

Out of pure boredom I did a free trial on true.com. I was contacted during the trial period by a very nice person, or so I believed until I put the pieces together.

This was the 2nd message I got.

I'm glad to hear from you , How was your night? a little about myself..um well as you already know before my name is Audrey,I'm an artist (paintings precisely) 120lbs,5'9" tall,23yrs, still single and searching for the right man,i have no kids..I'm quite new to this online dating and i hope i can meet my soul mate on here,.i was born in Encino CA. I'm US citizen but i have been out of the state when i was 10 years old because i lost my dad to an auto crash......after the death of my dad i move to Finland with my Mom because she is a native of Finland.....I spend most of my life in Helsinki,Finland.I also lost my Mom to a Cancer illness 5 years ago ...... I'm presently in West Africa(Nigeria) for an art exhibition and i will be relocating back to CA as soon as I'm done with the exhibition here..... I'm here to showcase my art works for a new museum about being establish in Nigeria . I have no physical or mental baggage and strive everyday to be a better woman for myself ever since i lost my father and Mother. Karma, Kindness, Family, Loyalty,Respect and Honesty are important realities in my lifestyle. If we are meant to be,even geography can't keep us apart.... for fun i like watching movies and listening to music for sport i love tennis,basket balls.i like going to beach,lake,cooking,swimming,shopping and reading novel. I think this should tell you a bit about me.could you tell me more about yourself..have you ever been married?....Do you have kids? what do you do for a living?Do you stay alone?and all that..well though i don't have any kids right now but i hope to have some in the future.i would really appreciate getting to know you more and i hope we could be a good set for this relationship.I was deeply hurt I'm my former relationship and i guess i will not want that to happen again....that is why i need to hang my trust on a faithful guy this time....Have you ever cheated on a girl?......and how will you treat me if eventually you have me?......i love to ask much question and i hope you understand why.........I really like to be treated like a queen by my partner and i treat him as my king in return.....i have never cheated but i have been cheated on,well to me "the best way to love is to love like you have never been hurt".i felt so bad so i have not been into any relationship for 10 months .i hope to hear from you soon.

Audrey

3rd
It's nice to hear back from you Chris,how was your night?I hope you had an interesting day .I believe there are ten things in a good relationship..... Respect, Friendship, good sense of humor, listening ear, Honesty, Trust, Passion, Romance, Caring. The 10th one you need to learn on your own it different for everyone. I'm Honest, Trustful, Romantic and Passionate.I like to explorer new thing and new places..... like to chat with friend's and meeting new people, watching movies .. ...I enjoy Camping, Hiking, Going Places, Cuddling,writing poems ,Giving Erotic Massage. Exploring a fantasy and just having Fun. I have a good personality, I Like to joke around. My friends and say I'm friendly,kind and a nice person to be around with and I'm a kind of lady that would give the shirt of my back to give to someone. But that a judgment you will have to make.Looking for a man that like to Cuddle, Have Fun, Going Places, Talking to, Joke around and just have a great time and has a good personality. A man that want some kind of relationship. I would like explore things you like to do, i like it when a man knowns how to treat his woman right.........i will be back to CA by next weekend as soon as I'm done here with the art exhibition......I'm very sure of relocating back to the stateside...I can relocate to any city in CA but what matters to me most is to meet a man to have as friend because i will be new to the area......What kind of relationship are you looking for?,Remember you need trust to love, but first you need to love in order to trust..I'm looking for a man that i will spend the rest of my life with,i want to become a one man woman..If it is meant to be, our hearts will find each other when we meet. And if our hearts melt together so will our bodies and souls. Then every word and every touch will fuel our passion flame. I will be yours, you will be mine, and we will be one....i hope all is working out for you as plan so far I'm having a little fun here with the exhibition,the weather is always hot in the day and cool in the night,.....i will be glad to hear from you soon..

Audrey

The emails went on for about a week, the scammer is in no rush and is taking precautions to getting caught.

Hello Chris,
A morning greeting does not only mean 'Good Morning,' it has a silent, loving message saying, 'I think of you when I wake up.How was your night ?and things with you.........I just want you to know what i'm upto in terms of my relocating back to the states.I don't have any family in CA,I'm relocating back to the stateside to start a new life with my self and with the right man when i find one.i don't have kids and I'm planing to lodge in an hotel when i get to CA and look for an apartment while I'm in the hotel...it is nice to hear that we are both looking for the same kind of relationship...How many woman have you talk with from the dating site?what is the name of the airport close to you?so i can book my flight for the airport and have you as my new and only friend when i get back to the stateside..I will love to meet a man that i can learn more about in person and see if there will be chemistry between us when we meet in person..I do read novel in my spare time here and what do you do at your spare time?,..Relationship is about affection and feeling the both parties have for each other.What do you consider being romantic?take good care of your self and i hope to hear from you soon..
Love,
Audrey

There was even a poem written... *sigh* :-(

I have not seen you
in this life so absurd
Nor have I heard you
not even a word

Even in this life
I find I cannot cope
You somehow lift my spirits
and fill my soul with hope

So I look into your emails
to find out what is clear
That somehow where connected
ever searching to grow near

I watch the stars up in the sky
shining so brightly in the night
Searching for the answer
to make this story write

I feel that you deserve much more
than I can really give in life
But one day when we grow together
you may be my man

So I pray the gentle breeze
will blow my love away
into your bedroom window
and in your heart to stay

And here is when it hit

Hello hunnie,
How is your day going? Hope you are had a great night? i want to let you know I'm done with work down here and have received my payment but that was made out in United State Money orders for security reason's, that was what we both agreed for in our Contract term we both signed that I would be paid that way for security reason's and I never knew United State money orders are not negotiate here in Africa but now this would definitely cause me a delay and I need someone who is trustworthy enough that could help me in getting the Money Orders cashed so that I can get my Flight ticket and also pay up the balance on the Extra days I stayed in the Hotel down here and get back stateside ASAP, so I think I can trust you enough to do this for me..I need you to help me get my money orders cashed in your bank and get the Money wire back to me via Western Union so i can get my flight ticket and also settle my hotel bills out here......don't turn me down.....all I need from you now is your
Full Name
Full address
Phone Number.......
And as soon as i get that i would get it faxed to him in no time. And he gets the payment sent to you as soon as possible
Please get back to me asap ok.
Love,
Audrey.

The follow up email after I cluelessly said yes
Dear Chris,
Thanks for putting smile into my face Chris.I will get the money orders mailout to you through my client in the states ASAP and do you think you can get the money orders cashed in your bank the same day you get them from the mailman??? because money orders are instant cash... I hope you can get the money send back to me outta here the same day via Western Union?,,,Thanks for your understanding and care...I am taking a bold step by trusting u with my whole money and i am happy that u not gonna let me down...I want u to promise me that you not gonna tell anybody about i'm sending money orders to you because i don't want someone else to take advantage of us..Money Orders are as much as cash and i trust you alone,i don't want someone else to take advantage of us when you get the money ...don't tell anybody about i sending money orders to you..Okay....I trust you Chris and i'm looking forward to meet you in person soon..I will let you have my information which you gonna wire the money into via Western Union as soon as the money orders get delivered to you

I really want to thank you! You know, I don't think you realize how much you inspire me. I am so proud of the person you've become and are becoming. I understand you've been through a lot and you've made not the best of choices, but I can see that you have grown. Though truthfully, I've always known from the very first time I read your email to now that you were a strong person.

You are so full of wisdom about life that when you speak it really makes me think that I could stay there forever just to listen to your open mind, for it is peaceful and inviting.Chris, you have become my awakening, you have helped me see things in a brighter way, In a happier, enlightening way. For I was once drowning from my own fears, completely cynical about love, about hope and security. I used to think that no one understood me and could ever. Then one day, before I knew you , you flew into my thoughts and at that moment, though I wasn't truly sure why you were there, suddenly I felt reassured and a smile was brought to my heart. Somehow I believe deep down I knew I loved you then.

When I got to know you a days later I realized I wasn't alone and that something inside of you was hurting similar to what constantly brought tears to my eyes. I went through a time in my life where I felt worthless, unloved, continuously searching for happiness. I wasn't getting along with my family, and my friends were all hating each other, leaving me stuck in the middle, stressfully trying to pull things together. But, you made me laugh and forget everything that was going on. This days you became my escape, my survival. I don't think I could of made it through that year as strong as I did if you weren't in my life.

Chris, I thank you for all the emails we share together even if they were online. Now, over the years I have come to this conclusion: you must have been an angel sent by God to help me grieve and become a strong willed woman because no one has ever been able to help me see the light. Clouds of darkness shadowed over me no matter what any other soul would say, but you make me smile with just your presence. You don't have to say a word; everything's okay when you're beside me. You know I thank God every day for the amazing people he has brought into my life because each and every one of them has changed my life in a very beautiful dramatic way. And I believe people are brought into your life for a reason, a way in which to guide you and help you see yourself. I like to call all those wonderful people my angels, my earthly angels.Chris, you are one in a million, and I thank you once again from the bottom of my heart,just know you will always live in my heart.

Love always,

Audrey.

Name: AUDREY ********
Address: 10 OYELADE ST
City: IKOYI
State: LAGOS
zip code: 23401

The reason I am posting this is because I know that this has happened and is happening to people but because it involves their personal life, they are embarressed or too scared to share about it. I feel like an idiot for nearly falling for it, and in the back of my mind there is a question of what if this person is telling the truth. But the chances are astronomical. Be careful of these scammers!! They will play on your emotions, there is no moral code that effects them for this.

Post subject: Re: Nice guys finish last :-/ dating scam
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:41 pm 

I had a similar experience, very similar emails especially the one asking for address. i immediately suspected when she said she was in africa what was going on but that last part about the money order cinched the deal! i messed with em for a little while, i think they're mad at me now :lol:

Post subject: Nice guys finish last / dating scam
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:41 pm 

I dont generally date "nice" guys, but I also do not date types like alphawolf. The types I like are somewhere in between, borrowing traits from each. Does that mean Im dating the mediocre guys? If so, then they dont always finish last either...