ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Work at Home/Customer Service/Data Entry Scam
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:06 pm 

There is someone posing as an employe on websites (craigslist).

Once you have filled out the 'application' the scammer has your personal information.

You will be emailed that you were hired.

You will recieve 4 Postal money orders with no instructions.

Usually in the amout of $700 or more, I took them to the bank and they said they were phony but to be on the safe side I took them to the post office.
The Post Office clerk said she sees them a lot lately. It's a scam. Rip them up and throw them away. -Counterfeit Postal Money Orders

Days later, you will recieve an email like this.

---------Scam * Scam * Scam * Scam * Scam * Scam-------------- Top Of The Day To You,
Please be informed that a payment was sent to you
Am sory this email came in a bit late. KINDLY DEDUCT 10% OF THE FUNDS WHICH IS YOUR COMMISSION..

Note: Upon receiving the PAYMENTS, FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS AND deposite them in your check cashing account with your financial BANK and get cash wired via western union to my new Account Clerk

Name: JAMES NELSON
ADDRESS: 12B LAMSON ROAD
LIVERPOOL
LV8 3AA
UNITED KINGDOM.
AMOUNT $

You are to send him rest of the funds after deducting your 10% and paying western union charges from my funds aswell.
Kindly get back to me with the MTCN number (money transfer control number) once funds have been sent out.

NO DELAYS PLEASE

Regards,

Collegegear_stores@yahoo.com.uk

---------scam * scam * scam * scam * scam * scam *-------------

The scammer called me this morning to see if Ihad deposited the counterfeit postal money orders into my bank account and I told them no because the post office told me they were phony.

They had the NERVE to call me.

When I said the money orders were counterfeit, she said "oh, ok, I'll send you all your money back" and hung up on me.

Post subject: Re: Work at Home/Customer Service/Data Entry Scam
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:51 am 

Internet is full of advertisers enticing people like you and me for data entry jobs, internet marketing, forum posting, and many more full time/part time money making opportunities. Due to ever growing popularity of online money making concept, a large number of devious websites have sprung up on the internet. Gullible people are most likely to fall prey to fast buck schemes and internet frauds. I would not write much on this aspect as there is lot of stuff available elsewhere on the internet. You must keep in mind that easy money and greed are the root causes of majority of internet scams.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:25 am 

Interesting thought, i completely agree with your perspective...
Website promotion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:15 am 

Dear Survey Agent,

You will be evaluating any Wal-mart store and one Money Gram outlets of your choice in your City.You will be getting the money orders for the survey today via Ups Express,Kindly stay around and sign for the delivery.As soon as you get the money orders,have the money orders cashed at your Bank, then you can go ahead with the Evaluations. The Payment you have just received covers all expenditures including evaluation, shopping, transport and your compensation (Salary=$300.00) for this survey. You are to purchase Goods of your Choice for your own Use at any Wal-mart store in your City which you are evaluating , spending not more than a $50.00 dollars altogether, you will also be using $20.00 for transportation . Also as regards Money gram, we will be using our company feed-back mechanism therefore you will be sending funds through Money Gram outlets in your City, back to Us.

As soon as you have the money orders cashed in your bank, you will deduct all the above sum which is $300+$50+$20+money gram transfer charge and you will have the remaining fund sent in the money gram outlet you are evaluating.Below is the information which you'll transfer the Money Gram Transaction to:

NAME: Ray Belcher
ADDRESS: 2492 Jerusalem avenue
CITY: Bellmore
STATE: NY
ZIP CODE: 11710

after your Evaluation ensure that you send to us (via Email) the reference codes (8 Digit #) given at the Money Gram after your transaction and the Wal-mart receipt #.

EXPENDITURES BREAKDOWN:-

Salary ..................$300
Wal-mart.................$50
Transportation ……$20
Money Gram Transfer costs........... Amount Charged

Please remember what we are really after are the lines of question stated below, those are guidelines that you will lookout for during your visits to Wal-Mart and Money Gram.

GUIDELINES:-

-How long it took you to get services.
-Ambiance/Outlook of the Shop/Outlet
-Smartness of the attendant
-Customer service professionalism
-Reaction of personally under pressure
-Information that you think would be helpful
-Your comments and impressions.
-Your personal opinion
We are Counting on you, and expect a detailed report.
Thank you.
--
The Survey Team.

They almost got me! I was looking for money gram locations on google when scam came up.. come to find out! I almost got tricked! That is the e-mail they sent me this morning. The check isnt here yet, I dont know what I should do it once it comes. I was kinda hoping it was an exception but from doing research the messages all say the same thing.

I got contacted by two ppl, and I contacted each one of them in case they knew each other. the two ppl who contacted me were named Michael Hamilton "Hiring Manager" and someone named Garry Roy. I emailed Hamilton with no response and and invalid phone number. When I emailed Garry, this is what i got:

hello, you can get back to me with the details of the MTCN and al u think i will need to get the money out.
roy

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 12:18 AM, I wrote:

Hey Garry,
I just got an email from Michael Hamilton the hiring manager? Telling me to go to western union and that the money is already being sent. Should I forget about the money gram and Walmart? Or do I now have 3 assignments?

He didnt even address my questions. SMH SO glad i found this site because i already have credit cards to pay off and dont need to add 1,000 dollars or more to what i owe the bank lol :mrgreen:

Oh and here are their email addresses
groy7233@gmail.com-garry
inforbaymachine@aol.com- michael (company name is Modern Research Group/Bay Machine)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:40 am 

I am not so knowledgeable about this matter. So i have to learn it. Thanks for the post.

taux pret auto - taux pret auto differe selon la rise en compte ... calculent automatiquement le taux pour un prêt automobile donne.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:02 am 

Also as regards Money gram, we will be using our company feed-back mechanism therefore you will be sending funds through Money Gram outlets in your City
sonnerie portable mp3 - Sonnerie portable MP3 est en effet unpouvoir de l'innovation technologique. Êtes-vous familier avec cette sonnerie portable?