ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Arrested at the Bank
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:01 pm 

I took what I thought to be a job from an art dealer in the UK. I was to recieve monies from customers, cash the checks, keep 10% for myself and then forward the rest to him overseas. I went to the bank to cash the american express gift cheques and was arrested on the spot. I am not out of my money, except for the laywer, court costs, my car that they took, my computer and so on....
Has anyone here been to trial for this? They are charging me with 11 felony counts of utter and publish. Should I take a plea agreement or have the jury trial scheduled for next month??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:13 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

We have seen other victims arrested and charged with felonies . . . most of them the cases will get dropped once all of the information is presented to a judge.

I sent you a private message with a list of lawyers in your area who have worked wtith these scams in the past. I would suggest contact them.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Do not take a plea
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:14 am 

I to endure this type of humiliation. I receieved an e-mail about employment opportunities, from someone overseas, but did not respond. I received the e-mail in August and money orders were sent to me in October. I had resigned from my job and sold my stock over the phone. So when the money orders arrived UPS (5 money orders for $850), I thought they were from my stock. I had just started a new job and one of my siblings had trepass on my property so I decided to deposit them in the bank. After searching for my stock paper to compare names which I could not find at the time. I went to the Bank Depositd the money orders and was opening up another savings account with one. Who would ever think someone would send you fake money orders. They look so real serial numbers or displayed on them. Anyway, I am going to trial for this right now. I have been turned down from jobs because I am a Pharmacy Technician. They need to take some steps to stop this from happening only innocent people suffer.

Post subject: Re: Arrested at the Bank
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:57 am 

I got 5 also. Turned them into the bank. They told me they will let other banks know

Original email

Hello,

How do you do?

The Board of Directors uses this opportunity to thank you for being part of the life saving program.The information provided on the Application form has been forwarded to the personnel department for update on our employment database.

I just got a call from UPS that the First set of payments had been delivered to you.

Here are the details on how you should go about the transfer . Follow the Instructions below so you can have it cashed immediately.

Once you receive the payments, follow this instructions below before taking it to the bank

(1)There are payments which have been issued out in your name by CIBC
(2)Then your name and address should have been written at the top and bottom respectively
(3)Then you'll take them to the bank

By following the above instructions, you would have the funds cashed at your bank and the have the funds available immediately for transfer via western union so we would be able to receive the funds here the same day. Remember you are to deduct (10% plus any other charges which may include transfer fee) then have the rest funds wired down via western union to the addresses I would be giving you below.

You are to transfer the funds from a western union locations to our Regional manager whose name is given below via Western Union Money Transfer Only.

Once all the funds have been received, we would let you know when the next payment would be made out to you.

When you have the money sent, we would require the following information to help us with the pick up.

• The MTCN#
• The Senders Full name and Address with contact phone number used.
• The total amount sent
• The test Question used and answers for the transaction.

The name and address of our regional Manager you would be transferring the funds to is as follows:

ACCOUNTANT

Name : ADAM WILLIAM
city: COTONU

I would expect the MTCN # and the whole transaction details ASAP.

PS : Have the funds transferred via western union Immediately so the funds would be received the same day.

Thanks and God bless for your continuous support.