ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Help, I am being charged with forgery
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:01 pm 

I have been arrested and am being charged with a felony forgery. I recieved 2 money orders for 850 each and I was supposed to cash them and send them to a Tarry Williams in Nigeria. I had never heard of the Nigerian scam before and supposedly he had done some work for someone here and the company didn't want to send him his money. He supposedly worked for the U. S. Navy and was doing some work in Nigeria for them. I was supposed to recieve these money orders and send them on to him. Instead they came with my name on them and he said to go ahead and cash them and Western Union the money to him. When I went to cash them the cashier called the police and told them a forgery was in progress. I was arrested and charged with forgery. My court appointed attorney has refused to talk to me about the case except the one time we went to court and we talked about 5 minutes. The court was canceled and I have been rescheduled. I was offered 3 years probation and a 1500 fine along with financial counseling and other things I have to do to fulfill the probation. The thing with that is I have to plead guilty and after I finish the probation the charge will be dropped, supposedly. Or I could go to court before a jury and have my fate decided by them. As my attorney said, you never know with a jury what they may decide and if they find me guilty I could get 2 years in the pen. The problem I have with this is my nursing license. I could lose it since it is a felony. If I take it to court and I lose, I lose everything, including my house, license and family. If I decide to take the probation (deferred adjudication) and they drop the charges, what if in the future I decide to pursue my nursing license further and this comes back to bite me. I have been crying nonstop, considered suicide and everything else. I feel desperate. When I got the copies of the cops reports, including the detective that questioned me I was appalled at the lies and assumptions in the statements. They also twisted what I said and didn't put in it things I did say. Of course I was confused and upset, I was babbling I'm sure. I was trying to tell them what happened and I'm sure I got things all jumbled up, but I know for a fact what I did and did not say. My lawyer is no help at all. I missed a court date in August because they sent it to the wrong address and I was taken in by the bounty hunters and when my daughter called the lawyer he didn't even know who I was. He didn't get me out for 4 days. He said he had to go in front of the judge and show him that the letter went to the wrong address and they have my correct address in the system and he also had to reinstate my bond. Then he doesn't want to discuss the case with me but wants me to take what they are offering as if I am lying and am guilty. If there is anyone with any suggestions about what I can do or where I can get help I would appreciate it. I go back to court Nov. 11 and I have to know what I want to do. Of course the safest way, they way to save my license at this point is to take the deferred adjudication. But it is eating my up because I have to plead guilty when I didn't do anything. Please help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:45 pm 

Take a breath, fam82000, and another.

This is not my area of expertise, but there are plenty of folks here who can help you sort this out. In the meantime, please be sure that you have all the emails you exchanged with Tarry (Terry?) Williams saved, as they are evidence that you were the victim here, and not an accomplice.

More experienced members will be along shortly, but please know that you are far from alone in being the victim of this type of scam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:00 pm 

That is part of the problem, most of the conversations were on yahoo messenger, and my computer won't power up. The power doesn't come on. This has been about 6 months ago now that this happened so I don't think the messenger keeps the messages that long. I gave the envelope they came from to my lawyer along with the name and address of the guy I was to send the money to. When I was arrested at the time I was in jail almost 2 weeks until I had the money to post bail to get out. By that time my computer wasn't coming on so I didn't get to print out the conversations. I sure was going to do that first thing when I got out. I don't have the money for another one or to fix it, so I'm using the computer at work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:11 am 
You never actually cashed the money orders? You were arrested on the spot? Correct

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:29 pm 

Yes that is true. I never got to cash them, in that regard I am glad because I don't have anything to pay back. I was arrested on the spot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:09 pm 
I think the DA will drop the charges.

What county are you in, I see you are from Texas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:16 pm 

Grayson. It is a very money hungry county. I don't know if that will happen, at least that is the idea I get from my lawyer. Like I said, the cops put things in their report that were not true or did not put things in there that I told them. They also put in there that this happened with me before, which is not exactly true either. I had gotten a check a few months before from someone else that was from a closed account. But in the report they said it was more fake money orders from the same person. My lawyer doesn't believe me since he saw these reports. I am just scared silly, I gave my lawyer the envelope showing it came from Humble Tx with the sticker on it that said it came registered mail and obviously is not my handwriting. He told me that I am being charged with erasing another persons name and writing my own, also the reports said the cashier said there was no water mark on them. I also gave him the address and name of the person I was supposed to send it to. But of course as I have seen they are not using real names and moving all the time. The problem that I have right now is that I'm terrified about losing my nursing license. The judge gave me a choice with the deferred adjudication, my hearing is Nov. 11. Or I could say I'm innocent and go to court with a jury which my lawyer said could find me guilty and I will get 2 years in the pen and a felony on my record. I don't know what to do. I can't sleep, I can't stop from crying, even at work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:28 pm 
fam82000 wrote:
Grayson. It is a very money hungry county. I don't know if that will happen, at least that is the idea I get from my lawyer. Like I said, the cops put things in their report that were not true or did not put things in there that I told them. They also put in there that this happened with me before, which is not exactly true either. I had gotten a check a few months before from someone else that was from a closed account. But in the report they said it was more fake money orders from the same person. My lawyer doesn't believe me since he saw these reports. I am just scared silly, I gave my lawyer the envelope showing it came from Humble Tx with the sticker on it that said it came registered mail and obviously is not my handwriting. He told me that I am being charged with erasing another persons name and writing my own, also the reports said the cashier said there was no water mark on them. I also gave him the address and name of the person I was supposed to send it to. But of course as I have seen they are not using real names and moving all the time. The problem that I have right now is that I'm terrified about losing my nursing license. The judge gave me a choice with the deferred adjudication, my hearing is Nov. 11. Or I could say I'm innocent and go to court with a jury which my lawyer said could find me guilty and I will get 2 years in the pen and a felony on my record. I don't know what to do. I can't sleep, I can't stop from crying, even at work.

If you have been involved in something similar then they will prosecute, did not realize you had a history of "questionable" transactions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:41 pm 

I realize I have been incredibly naive and stupid to believe these things. The first one convinced me it was a mistake and that it had been rectified. The other one with the money orders had come from yahoo personals and we had been talking for about 6 months before he told me that he was out of the country and had done some work before he left here and the company he did the work for wasn't sending him his money. I was supposed to just recieve the money orders and send them to him. When they came they were made out to me and he told me to just go ahead and cash them and Western Union him the money. Don't worry about me doing this ever again. If I live to go to court I will be fortunate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:19 am 
fam82000 wrote:
I realize I have been incredibly naive and stupid to believe these things. The first one convinced me it was a mistake and that it had been rectified. The other one with the money orders had come from yahoo personals and we had been talking for about 6 months before he told me that he was out of the country and had done some work before he left here and the company he did the work for wasn't sending him his money. I was supposed to just recieve the money orders and send them to him. When they came they were made out to me and he told me to just go ahead and cash them and Western Union him the money. Don't worry about me doing this ever again. If I live to go to court I will be fortunate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:20 am 
Do not do anything rash, you just have to accept the fact you have made two large mistakes lately. I am sorry for the situation you have put yourself in. Good luck

Post subject: Maybe I may be able to help your case, too
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:56 pm 

I, too, have been scammed but I'm working with the right people to do something about this... would you mind contacting me. I need to find people, "cases" like mine to put together so that my case can be taken further if not the only three cases that have been reported will go "filed" which we all know what that means. Please send me your story! Anyone!!!

I was contacted via email, mailed (fed ex and usps) counterfeit money orders, cashed and verified by Wells Fargo employee, and now my account is overdrawn. And, I Western Unioned the money. Now here I am pennyless and distraught. Luckily, I figured it out before the bank did, if not I would be looking at felony charges, too. Bank is not helping any either.

Please contact me PLEASE Help me get cases together so that we can recover our own money at least.

LET'S DO SOMETHING TOGETHER!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:06 am 

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 359AArRyJ7

http://answers.yahoo.com/search/search_ ... =2&tp=1500

Things will get better, btw yahoo personals sucks

http://www.bikermatchmaking.com/Interne ... laints.htm

im guessing, not tried yet maybe plentyoffish.com

Post subject: Re: Maybe I may be able to help your case, too
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:47 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Trying to do something-- wrote:
I, too, have been scammed but I'm working with the right people to do something about this... would you mind contacting me. I need to find people, "cases" like mine to put together so that my case can be taken further if not the only three cases that have been reported will go "filed" which we all know what that means.

If the people you are working with really know their stuff they already know that there are a lot more than 3 cases of this out there.

Where are you located?

We have worked with police, bank fraud investigatores, Attorney General's offices in may states and Secret Service over the past 4 years, (many of them are even members of this message board) but since the scammers are in Nigeria there is not much that can be done except to educate people so that they do not become victims of these scams.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:16 am 

:shock: , WOW!!, i have just came acroos this site, I am being scammed, or so I beleive now. I have been in an internet relatioship with a "Tarry
Williams" for about 2 weeks, and the story is text-book to mine. Luckily
I came across this site. I have an envelope from her, it is said to be a check that i must cash and Western Union her the $$. Her story is, she is taking care of her mother, she cant cash her check, she needs me to do this for her and send her the money. I have not opened the packege as of yet nor do i intend on opening it. I also saved all the yahoo messages
onto my computer for reference. I went as far as trying to get a confession from "her(Tarry Williams), with no success. I phoned the person who mail me the check(package) , she has confermed over phone that the check IS good, and the money is to be MINE, here is her mailing address, ....ELIZABETH BAILEY
703-580-0956
Home..
15025 SUNNY BRIDGE CT
WoodBRIDGE VA. 22191
I told this person I was turning the package over to the FBI, she went histeric, and tried to talk me out of it. when i returned a phone call from her, an argument was taking place by people on the other end, there was screaming, cussing and loud slams, I yelled over the phone for them to shut up and stop, with no reply from them. I am hoping that this person
(Tarry Williams IS infact scamming me, i am with a good and soft heart for people in trouble, and hers is of the worst. She will starve, her mother will starve, and she will not be able to make it to her home now, wich according to her HOVERSPOT.com address is simply just GA. , I did ask her questions about where she lived, she confirmed she lived in GA, but when i asked a simple question such as(what is Gorgia's state symbol)
she replied, Columbus, .............let me just post part of the conversation.
tarry_williams: Hello are you there Mike
BUZZ!!!
tarry_williams: Hello Mike i am here now i have been waiting to chat with you
tarry_williams: Its really getting much late now and its 4 32am here now
calhounmike2006: oh, hello!!, , i just made it home
calhounmike2006: i had fun at band practice
tarry_williams: Ohh thts really cool hun
calhounmike2006: wow, most are in bed at this time
tarry_williams: I have been waiting for you to be here
calhounmike2006: I am here now
tarry_williams: Ohh yeah most are in bed
tarry_williams: But you mean so much to me than anyone
calhounmike2006: what keeps you awake?
tarry_williams: Ok love i am happy to have you close and next to me love
tarry_williams: You Mike
calhounmike2006: me too
calhounmike2006: how have you been?
tarry_williams: I love you
tarry_williams: And whts the time there now
calhounmike2006:
calhounmike2006: 1135 pm
tarry_williams: I have been fine and lonely all thinking about you and how is gonna be to have you in my arms
tarry_williams: And smell the perfume of your body
calhounmike2006: oh , and i for you
tarry_williams: Baby you deserve a life kisss
tarry_williams: And a big thank you
calhounmike2006: for what?
tarry_williams: To fufill your promise and come back to me at late hour there
tarry_williams: Where is the boy now
calhounmike2006: oh, .lol ,.ok
calhounmike2006: the boy is with his mum
tarry_williams: Ohh since when is this
calhounmike2006: yesterday
tarry_williams: Ohh k
tarry_williams: When is he gonna be back to you there
calhounmike2006: in a week
tarry_williams: Ok
tarry_williams: I bet you are misssing him
calhounmike2006: yes
tarry_williams: Right now
tarry_williams: Cool
calhounmike2006: verry much
tarry_williams: Ohh its ok
tarry_williams: He will be back to you soon
calhounmike2006: yeah
tarry_williams: I like this pic of you on here
calhounmike2006: this is my sad pic
tarry_williams: Ohh why are you sad then love
calhounmike2006: no son with me
tarry_williams: Wht happend to your life then
calhounmike2006: ?
calhounmike2006: at the time of the pic?
tarry_williams: Ok love
tarry_williams: I bet you had forget those times now
calhounmike2006: no, this is from last week
calhounmike2006: a relative passed away ,
tarry_williams: Ohh srry to hear tht lovwe
tarry_williams: love
calhounmike2006: its ok
tarry_williams: Baby i hope tht didnt disturb you at all
calhounmike2006: whats that
calhounmike2006: the death ,.
tarry_williams: Yeah
calhounmike2006: yes , it did, alot
tarry_williams: Ohh k love
tarry_williams: I wish i can be there to make you feel comfortable and love me more and more
calhounmike2006: are you certain of that?
calhounmike2006: you barly know me
tarry_williams: Yeah i am Mike and i wish to no you more and more better than this
tarry_williams: Its gonna be wonderfull for us to meet face to face
tarry_williams: Wht are you thinking right now
calhounmike2006: when do we get to do this
tarry_williams: Maybe later when i am finally back to state love
tarry_williams: I am happy to no the check is already comming to you
tarry_williams: So i can be getting out of this black country
tarry_williams: I dont really like it anymore here
BUZZ!!!
calhounmike2006: prob
tarry_williams: I am tired of comming down here Mike
tarry_williams: I wish you already got the check there now
calhounmike2006: why you call it "black"
tarry_williams: I just want you to no tht you will be getting it this week
calhounmike2006: ok
tarry_williams: All are blacks hard to se a white here
tarry_williams: Baby i want you to take care good care of the check
tarry_williams: And do it as i said love ok
BUZZ!!!
calhounmike2006: ok, will do
tarry_williams: And baby do you have the info to send the money western union when you get it cashed
calhounmike2006: i must be going to bed now love, .goodnight
tarry_williams: Goodnite love i am also tired here baby i just want you to no tht
tarry_williams: You will be getting the CHECK there soon
tarry_williams: And try to keep it and take good care of it
tarry_williams: So i wont be suck here
calhounmike2006: I will pray for you
tarry_williams: Thank you so much and may God bless your heart and soul
tarry_williams: Do u have the info to send the money when you get it cashed
BUZZ!!!
calhounmike2006: no, how do i do it again?
tarry_williams: You should be sleepy now i guess
tarry_williams: When you get the check there first
tarry_williams: You have to sign at the back of it love
calhounmike2006: opk
calhounmike2006: then what do i do?
tarry_williams: You have to sign at the back of the check and then take it to your bank for cashing my love
tarry_williams: And after you get it clear love Mike with your bank
tarry_williams: Take the money to the nearest western union and send it to me down here
BUZZ!!!
calhounmike2006: yes
tarry_williams: Do you have the info to send it to me here thru western union
calhounmike2006: no ,..what is it?
tarry_williams: Ok
tarry_williams: Gat a pen and papers now let me give you the info to send me the money thru western union love
tarry_williams: NAME,.. TARRY WILLIAMS
tarry_williams: ADRESS,.. 3 KOGI STREET
tarry_williams: CITY,...BARUWA
tarry_williams: STATE,.... LAGOS
tarry_williams: COUNTRY,...NIGERIA
tarry_williams: ZIPCODE,...23401
calhounmike2006: ok love
tarry_williams: Ok thts my info here to send me the money love
tarry_williams: Did you write it down or saved it on computer
BUZZ!!!
calhounmike2006: both
calhounmike2006: is that all i need to know???
BUZZ!!!
tarry_williams: OHH BABY SRRY I AM FALLING ALSEEP ON HERE NOW
tarry_williams: YEAH RESEND THE INFO TO ME NOW LET ME SEE IF YOU WRITE IT DOWN CORRECTLY
tarry_williams:
calhounmike2006: well get too bed silly ,..we will have much time for each other, kater
tarry_williams: oHH OK LOVE
tarry_williams: I AM TARRY NOT KATER
calhounmike2006: ooops, i meent to spell Later
BUZZ!!!
tarry_williams: Take care and have a nice and sweet time sleeping tonite
calhounmike2006:
tarry_williams:
tarry_williams: Have a sweet great dreams
tarry_williams: I love you so much
calhounmike2006: ok, you too
tarry_williams: See you soon and love you more
tarry_williams: