ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need Victims Help
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:13 am 

Now is your chance to help get the word out. I am in need of Victims willing to tell their story for research for a new book on Nigerian Scams. You do not have to use your real name, I can assign you an alias if that would make you comfortable, I need to hear your story in order to gather facts and figures as well as the effects of these scams on victims.

Seeing each story is different and the effects of these crimes varies,I need to interview several people. If you would like to be interviewed feel free to pm me with your request. This is a chance for victims to be heard as one loud voice, this project is not a small one and will involve quite a bit of work to complete. The end result I hope to be that public education will help prevent more victimizations in the future, thus slowing down the effects these scammers have on the public. Let s do what we can to help put them out of business together.

Estimated date of release will be around Mid to late September if all goes well. Part of the premise of this book is to educate the public, the very people who need to know how to spot these scams to stay safe from getting scammed. Hearing from actual victims is a very important part of this education process.
Thanks to all who are willing to participate in this project

To all those who help me with this project you will get a copy of the book for your own library.

Post subject: Is this research still on?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:24 pm 
Gold Member

I know this post is old but I figured I would post anyway. I would be interested in telling my story for this research. If your book isnt published yet, please let me know. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:47 pm 

Some tips here:
-Alwayss check the credentials of potential partners before engaging in business, and verify their contact information before engaging in any business;
-Conduct background checks from independent source for legal registration and credit reports;
-Check with the company's registry in the partner's country to ensure that the company exists with a valid registration;
-Prepare a legally binding trade contract to prevent argument and the terms of the including sales conditions, payment method, an arbitration clause, product specifications, quality inspection, etc.