ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scamed by "AFRICARIBB BANK"
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:46 pm 

My wife and I received an e-mail from an attorney in Lagos, Nigeria about 6 months ago telling us he was going over some records in the courthouse and found that a relative ( same last name ) his wife and 3 sons had been killed in an accident almost 4 years ago leaving an entitlement of 21 million but he had to find someone from the family to have the entitlement awarded to, unfortunatly he found us. To try to make this short I will skip 6 months of e-mails, $1,200.00 in long distance and $12,750.00 which we "western unioned" to cover probate fees and other costs, this was all money we borrowed from my Mother and friends, I am disabled and can't afford toilet paper half the time. anyhow some names to watch for are Robert Clarkson, attorney - Dr. Paul Onanuga, Minestery Of Finance, Nigeria - David Moss, Account Supervisor of a non-existant bank refered to as "Africaribb Bank" located in the Jersey Channel Islands.
These people come on soft and easy to gain your trust and become your friends. After the two payments totaling $12,750.00 we were guarenteed that there would be no more fees but alas just one more fee said Mr. Moss,
$84,000.00 for imdemenity insurance before the funds could be transfered into our name. Alittle late but I deceided to phone the local office of the FBI, after explaining my problem, I was told they were busy and had work to do and basicly was hung up on, I have been in touch with secret service and I do foward all e-mails to them but I can't hope for anything. I will continue to e-mail these people back and forth but they will get no more funds from me.
Is there anyone else that can help, why can't something be done. Our second payment was for $7,650 and it was wired from a local bank to citi bank in New York to an account in the name of "Al-Machidan LTD" if we can put someone in an electric chair because of a hair found at a crime scene why cant we do something simple like trace the account.
Frustrated in Enola........

Post subject: Scammed By AFRICARIBB BANK
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:59 pm 

I really should have included my e-mail address I am Lindsey M Sisti and I entered the Letter about AFRICARIBB BANK and sure do want some help if at possible at all so contact me if you can assist me.

From Admin- I removed your email address from this post so that you will not get overloaded with spam and additional scam emails . . . one of the ways scammers find their victims is searching message boards.

If someone wants to help you, they will post the message here, or private message you through the board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:00 pm 

Here is the major problem with tracing money trails with these people. The money goes from your bank to another bank, to another bank and eventually ends up in a bank in an area that noone would think of looking, as soon as it hits an account it is transfered and the trail goes cold.

Post subject: looking for donations
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:08 pm 

I know that my sending and getting scammed for $12,750 and having a $1,200 long distance phone bill is nobodies fault but mine but the 12K I borrowed from my 79 year old mother and a guy that used to be my good friend ( he is quite upset with me now ) are both preassuring me for pay back plus the fact that the bank is about to forclose on my house. I can't believe they picked me a guy on disability hell I can't afford toilet paper half the time so if anyone can or will help I need it I am at the end of my rope and should just put it around my neck for being so stupid. so if anyone can help out at all please my address is Lindsey M. Sisti 333 West Perry Street, Enola, Pa. 17025......
I don't really expect anyone to help but if one does not ask one never knows.......PLEASE SOMEONE....

Post subject: my best advice
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:29 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Write a letter/summary of what happened to you (you can view mine at http://scamvictimsunited.com/our_story.htm )

Then go to http://scamvictimsunited.com/resources_ ... _check.htm and send that letter to every place on that list. I would also suggest sending that letter to the media to try and get even more attention to this scam and your case.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: complaint filed
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:22 pm 
Just wanted to thank you SHAWN, I have used the link you supplied and filed a 'formal complaint' and you know this site is great because you have the option of telling your story and kind of letting off steam and getting it off your chest. It is almost too embarassing to share with family members and friends that would critisize us all for being so stupid, and not a one of them will offer any monetary assistance, and yet if any of it was true you can bet every one of them would have their hands out expecting something.

THANK YOU SHAWN AND MAY GOD BLEES YOU.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:16 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Thank you for your kind words, and I am glad that this site and the members of the message board have helped you.

That is one of the reasons that I say
There is Strength in numbers!

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:12 pm 

We are here to help oneanother, most of us have been victims of scams, not all the same scam. We know where others are coming from , how they are thinking and the amount of support emotionally that is needed. Listen noone is STUPID we sometimes make mistakes that could cost us dearly, but given the nature of these scams even scholars have been bitten by this. I know of a law professor that got bit bad by this in my own state.So it isnt a matter of smart, stupid, it is a matter of we are human and we made a mistake in jugement that is it.

Post subject: Thank You Karen
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:44 am 
Thank you Karen for your concern and kind words. I just want everybody out there to be careful, very careful. Everything seemed so real I really did have a relative named Mark and our family knew he lost his life in an automobile accident, everything in the first letter from the lawyer was correct, I even checked on the bank which at the time had a website with a list of employes and my contacts name was on the list. Now because I was so stupid and taken in by these people not only I have to sufer but so does my 80 year old mother that was nice enough to lend me almost $5,000, that she had to take out a loan from the bank to give it to me, and now she does not even want to see me, and my best friend of over 35 years that was nice enough to lend me almost $8,000 is going to sue me in court to get his money back because being on disability really won't even cover my monthly bills so I can't pay him back. Everything is just such a mess now I can't believe how convincing and professional these people are and no one is going to do a thing to them SO PLEASE EVERYONE BE VERY CAREFUL if you have an entitlement coming to you it should not cost you a cent to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:24 pm 

L.M I know how frustrating this is for you, trust me I can honestly say been there done that , maybe not the same way but painful all the same.

The problem is that no government agency really wants a thing to do with investigating this because they know eventually they will find a dead zone where they have no power to go in an arrest someone for doing these things. AKA Nigeria and other nations, so they pretend to not care, shrug their shoulders, push you from one office to another to no avail. Victims are left high and dry literally in most cases.

The ONLY way to get this handled by law enforcement is to begin embarassing each and every officer who says NO to a victim through media attention, articles in publications, websites devoted to uncovering injustice and literally flooding the individual senators and congressmen with letters demanding something be done, new laws be passed and an assigned office for victims to go to.

Easier said than done on the pushing part as many community members choose not to understand or they choose not to ruffle feathers or get involved fearing retribution by the FBI, Secret Service or Homeland Security for demanding they actually do work.

There is NO easy solution but with enough willing people to fight there is at least a ray or two of hope.

Post subject: in the same position
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:03 pm 

I have been in the same position as you. The only difference is that my sister in law was the one contacted and then she pushed it all onto my shoulders. She told lies to the family in order to push that this was her inheritance and now lies about what she told us. Not to seem awful but you are very lucky that you are out only the amount you are because not including phone calls (which I have not even begun to calculate) those who agreed to help her are out well over $75,000. I don't know where or what we are going to do in order to repay the funds which she needed to supposedly settle an inheritance which she guaranteed us was hers by a citizen of the United States working in Nigeria. Please know that you are not alone in this nightmare. I am right there beside you at a loss as to what to do. I did receive two checks totaling over $400,000 that were to be wired after clearing my bank but thanks to a very persistant banker those checks were not wired. I have a copy of the first check and the second one in my possession along with the envelopes and mailing envelopes that they were sent in. If anyone can tell me what to do with these I would gladly go to the proper authority and turn this entire matter over to them. I as of today still am able to contact the person who was supposedly the friend in helping to achieve the entitlement and if I thought they could be caught with this I would help in any way possible to put them where they belong. If anyone has an idea on what I should do please contact me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:22 am 

With that amount of money the fed's might look into it . But I'm sorry to say that it will most likely go no where . I'm sorry to say were dealing with a country that cares not at all and most of the law inforcement there (Nigera ) is in on the scam . As for those check's they will be fake and you could be arrested if you try to deposit them . The best you could do with the check's is frame them or shred them . I'm sorry that you had to go thru this . You should wright a book about what happend to warn other's .

Post subject: they tried to get me
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:19 am 
I was contacted by this Clarkson fellow telling me that aperson with the same last name died in a auto accident leaving 14.7 million behind. He instructed mt=e to get in touch with a probate atty and not mention him because we were going to split the money. Before they even asked for a drivers icense with my name on it, they stated that they needed $4500.00 to get the paperwork filed and I would recieve half the money in 3-4 days. I contacted the probate atty (yeah right) and he kept right on with the scam. This has transpired over the past 3 weeks. I saw the exact same letter with a different name on it and sent it to him. I just called his butt and woke him up and asked about it and of course, I must be wrong. The probate atty wabted $4500.00 to get the process started and I would recieve my money in 3-4 days. I told them I was broke and told him if he would lend me the money ($4500.), I would pay him back $10,000. He said he would get them $3000.00 tommorrow and anted to know what I could send in. I told him I was Flat broke (even though in reality, I'm very well off) I told him I would try to wire $500.00 tommorrow, but was gonna try to borrow the rest from the probate atty and pay him back 5g for the 1500. he let me borrow. I'm yet to get an answer. I just saw the exact letter he sent me, but with someone elses name on it, and I called him at 3am his time and asked him about it and he stated that was wrong. Next, I told him I was selling my car so I could afford the final $1500., and I would have enough left to fly to Nigeria and stay for 6 nights since we are dealing with close to 16M, and he was shocked and said all of that information I read was incorrect. please call him at all hours of the night. His number is 0112348036211152!!! The probate atty said his name was Barrister Ego Felix at #0112348044128403. What a bunch of thieves. KARMA WILL TAKE CARE OF THESE JERKS!!! pLEASE E-MAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS @ cjoyner@bellsouth.net

Post subject: SCAM ARTISTS
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:29 am 
I cant believe that you fell for that line from the scammers......you should always know you dont get something for nothing and if it seems to be too good to be true then it usually is..............I have recently been contacted by several groups trying the same lines on me....the best one has been from "honestassitance@yahoo.com....who claims to have 20, 000, 000 us in a diplomatic storage in amsterdam....they want 7500 Euro's to release and another 3500 to deliver......The gentleman in the email claims to want most of the money to go to charity and 10% to me..........ya like someone is going to "GIVE" me 2, 000, 000 for nothing....I have been in comunication....I make them call me...that way I pay nothing and I track all of their emails and tape all of their conversations for evidence if it should come to that.................well have to see how it comes out but in th meantime Im having fun with them...pretending to get suckered into their predicament.

Just remember 1 thing............

ITS A SCAM
YOu can reach me @dwalescmi@aol.com

Post subject: THEY TRIED
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:09 am 
They tried me and I told them
I was broke and they'd have to cover the charges and I pay them when I recieve my settlement. Long story short, they wanted $500 and it would happen. I caught on quick and told them that myself and mt atty were flying over tommorrow and funny how they wont answer calls or e-mail any more. BE CAREFUL ALL