ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cpt. Brian Morgan Scam
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:19 am 

My mom received the following email from a Cpt. Brian Morgan claiming to be a U.S. Marine in Iraq:

Dear Friend,

Good day and compliments, i know this letter will definitely
come to you as a huge surprise,I am Capt. Brian Morgan, a US
Marine, serving in the 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment
which Patrols the Anbar province, Iraq.

I am desperately in need of assistance and I have summoned up
courage to contact you. I am presently in Iraq and I found your
contact particulars in an address journal. I am seeking your
assistance to evacuate the sum of $10,570,000 (Ten million
Five Hundred and Seventy Thousand USD) to the States or any safe
country, as far as I can be assured that it will be safe in your
care until I complete my service here.This is no stolen money and
there are no dangers involved.

Contact me via my private box: usmc.cpt.brian.morgan@hotmail.com so
that I can
furnish you with more details.

Respectfully,
Capt. Brian Morgan
United States Marine Corps. IRAQ

(Alternate versions of the email claim to have 2.5 milllion USD and 12.57 million USD and different email adresses with the name "brian morgan" in it.)

Because he even emphasizes that it is not a fraud, my mom fell for it, thinking that she was helping him transfer the money out in order to get 30% of the money. He claimed that the money was in a lawyer "David Rosenblatt"''s hands and we had to pay him to get the money. Email below:

Rosenblatt Associates Chambers
Rosenblatt Associates
24 Lincoln 's Inn Fields,
LONDON WC2A 3EG,
ENGLAND.
Tel: +44 704 578 0706
Fax: +44 871 264 2487

PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

July 24th, 2008

ATTN:**** *******

I am barrister David Leonard Rosenblatt (Esq.) a practicing officer of the law, now serving under the imperial British high court, I was born in Britain, and having attained my degrees and practiced law for a number of years abroad , I was inclined to relocate my chambers back to the United Kingdom to practice and uphold the law. On behalf of my associates I wish to welcome you to 'Rosenblatt Associates' we are a most efficient law firms and are committed to providing the most comprehensive, effective and efficient services to our clients. We offer our help at every step, providing innovative solutions to help you through the ever-changing constitutional rules, regulations and procedures. We look after your interests and provide the best advice and representation. Count on our effective counsel and reliable services. We are dedicated to our clients and provide the highest quality legal representation. Our greatest concern is for your satisfaction and success. This is our commitment to you, you are not just a client to us but also our friend we take great pride and pleasure in helping them secure whatever type of help that they require.

We want to let you know that we received a package from a German Diplomat from the UN who told us that the package was sent from Capt. Brian Morgan in Iraq and that the package belongs to ( name here)in the United States Of America, please be informed that you will have to claim the package without any delay because the diplomat made us to understand that the package Contains classified valuables.

The package will be insured and delivered to your door step with adequate security and that will cost you $1,975.15 only. We were informed that the package demands adequate security too, hence some legal documents must be obtained to giude it through. You are required to send the charges immediately via western union money transfer,once you have done that,please email us with the slip of payment attached for file record so that we can commence with the delivery of the package to your designated address.

You are advised to go to the nearest western union office in your locality and send the sum of $1,975.15 to the name and address of our secretary found below:

Name: Amanda Smith
Address: 24 Lincoln 's Inn Fields, LONDON WC2A 3EG, ENGLAND.
Amount: $1,975.15

Note that you will be required to send all payment information to us as soon as payment is made so that we can commence the delivery of the package with immediately effect.Please Kindly indicate where you want the package delivered.

Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.

Sincerely yours,
David Leonard Rosenblatt Esq.
(Principal Attorney QC)

Later we were told that the money had been intercepted by the FSA customs and they showed us a large suitcase of money. We had to pay additional anti-Terrorist and anti-Money Laundering fees to get the money (a total of $17, 820.07 British pounds). We were told to pay the money 2 seperate times. My mom went to the Western Union to first pay $600 USD to say that the money belonged to us otherwise the FSA would arrest us and we had to pay and additional $2,820.07 to his (the fake lawyer Rosenblatt) bank account (because he was working for us to release the funds). Afterwards, my mom became suspicious because she kept borrowing money from her friends, who told her to see if it was real or not.

All in all, we lost a total of $11,000 USD (there were addtional surcharges added when we wired the money). Although the original Brian Morgan letter had already been determined to be a scan online, we were originally not aware that it was a fraud and there have yet been no victims' stories to this fraud.

Post subject: Re: Cpt. Brian Morgan Scam
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:40 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I am sorry to hear that you became a victim of this scam.

Also, write a letter/summary of what happened to you (you can view mine at http://scamvictimsunited.com/our_story.htm )

Then go to
http://scamvictimsunited.com/resources_ ... _check.htm
and send that letter to every place on that list. Make sure to contact the Attorney General's Office. We have gotten help from some of the contacts there, and my husband and I have done Press Conferences set up by Attorney Generals Offices, so feel free to mention this site and us.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:30 am 

Well they got me to but used the name Capt. Jerry Adams Marines. Off and on I emailed him so I did not think he would lie. Guess what He did. I lost several thousand dollars. The name David Rosenblatt is listed. Now he says prove he is lieing. I am trying to get my money back. I will do what I have to.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:39 am 

Also here are a few more scam artist to add to the collection
David Rosenblatt
Jerry Adams
Roger Perason
Steve Bruce
Rev John Owusu
Martins Cheng Leong
Mrs. Zita Sierra
I have learned if it sounds to good to be true, it is not true. Scammed again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:41 am 

Another scammer Robert Harvey
Robert A Kipp
Thomas H Smith
With the economy being the way it is, the scammers are going to be coming out a lot more. We need to continue to make a list and make it known.

Last edited by Jennifer521 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:59 am 

Guess what you want David Rosenblatt or Jerry Adams start looking in Redmond WA. There ISP is 207.68.173.76
They have the same ISP number 207.68.173.76
Roger Pearson Mountain View CA ISP 209.85.147.18
Steve Bruce Sydney, New South Wales ISP 211.29.132.105
Rev John Owusu Redmond WA ISP 207.46.222.11
Martins Cheng Leong Redmond WA however he has two different ISP First one
207.68.173.76 The second one 212.162.1.124
Robert Harvey PT Chester, New York ISP 209.160.40.50
This is a few that I am working on I will update more some other time. We do not want scammed no more.
Robert A Kipp Sydney, New South Wales has the same ISP as Steve Bruce. ISP 211.29.132.105
Now this is good If you run the next name Thomas H Smith Sydney, New South Wales. ISP 211.29.132.105
Steve Bruce,Thoms H Smith and Robert A Kipp either all the same person or all using the same ISP. This one could be big for a bust. There fraud is sending the fake money orders or checks and have you cash them for there company.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:14 am 

To everyone willing to read
Today I found a place that will help us. Here is how to find there ISP
emailfinder.com and if you can pay you can find out a lot more information
At this time I am really broke so I can not.
I am going to keep posting any information I find that can help.