ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Please let me know what you think..
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:15 pm 

The following is pretty long..I apologize, but thank you and appreciate the time you take in reading this.

I'm not sure if i'm a victim of scam, however I do believe so. I replied to a listin on Craigslist.com. The position was calling for a Bookkeeper. He replied back with details of the position. Following is a bunch of emails in date order up to today. I have been sent 4 money orders today which look real, but you can never be too sure, and by the time you're done reading/skimming thru these emails you'll see i'm to send a payment to africa...when originally he tells me i'm dealing with US clients.

***PERSONAL ASSISTANT POSITION*** ZHEJIANG SHUIDA TEXTILE GARMENT CO., LTD to you - Oct 10More Details From: ZHEJIANG SHUIDA TEXTILE GARMENT CO., LTD Hide To: starsburnfyre@aol.comCc:Bcc:Date:Wed, 10 Oct 2007 7:11 am

ZHEJIANG SHUIDA CLOTH CO., LTD

ZHEJIANG SHUIDA TEXTILE & GARMENT CO., LTD

Add : Building 4,Guanshu industrial zone, Keqiao, Shaoxing, Zhejiang, China

CEO : Shuida Fu

M.T : 013018808788

Tel : +86-575-85682088-8888 85717788

Fax : +86-575-85717708

P.C : 312030

United States of America
P.O.Box 13201
Elk Grove, CA. 95759

Specialized in the production and sales of textiles and garments, Zhejiang Shuida Cloth Industry Co. Ltd, is equipped with advanced production equipments and boasts top-notch technicians. We have set up a product R & D environmental protection test center. The company has attained the certificates of ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001 quality control system authentication and CQC (Oko-Tex Standard 100) ecological textiles quality system authentication. With self-support import and export authority, our company mainly produces and sells shuida brand clothes: Series of Worsted Woolen suit, All Cotton (T/C), Polyester Viscose (T/R), Flax Cloth Series, Bedding Cloth Series, Colored Woven, and Shirt Cloth Series. shuida brand have ever been honored as International Famous Brand China's Famous Trademark and Top Ten Most Influential Brands In China etc. The company was honored as model unit for quality and credit by national authoritative department. It was awarded Standard Unit in Zhejiang for Quality Service and Credit by Zhejiang Chamber of Commerce. Keeping to the idea of Human-based, Sci-tech Innovation, we develop environmentally friendly products, upholding the tenet of Best Quality, Credit and Customers' Satisfaction; we provide the public with quality products and first-class after-sales service. We sincerely hope to cooperate with friends from all over the world for mutual prosperity!

I am Mr. Shuida Fu, the CEO of ZHEJIANG SHUIDA TEXTILE & GARMENT CO., LTD. The vast contribution of China in the world markets, our products are highly patronized and export into so many countries and that has caused my business travels to so many countries to meet with clients and to establish business markets. In order to be meeting with clients; and to performing perfect business relationship. I usually travel to meet with various clients in various countries. And I usually travel to the U.S once in a month to meet with clients and for the collection of payment for the products supplied. Travelling to the U.S monthly and to some other countries takes much of my time and which affects my business relationship with some of my clients and in the collection of payment due for the products supplied.

However, I have a property in the USA which will be used as the company site in the USA. In the meantime, I need someone who will be my personal assistant that will be handling most of the duties in the USA and most especially the financial aspect and the bookkeeping records.

As my Personal Assistant, you will manage exactly what I can manage. You will work co-operatively along with me to make my schedule easier. You will have access to some of my Personal duties. You are expected to be an honest person.

Personal Assistant Responsibilities include:

* Notifying clients about their payment due to be paid: I will be sending you all the information/documents that is needed to make contact to the clients, to send notification to the client via Email or Formal written then mail via FedEx/UPS

•General book keeping: receiving and keeping track of payments; managing incoming invoices; generating invoices for clients and refunding credits when necessary; processing expense reports.

•Preparing financial reports.

•Reviewing all invoices and processing those related to finances and administration.

• corresponding with U.S clients when I am away on business travel. As my Personal Assistant you will be reaching out to the clients in the USA via letters, phone calls and mailing. I am willing to provide sufficient funds for these services in order for my Personal Assistant (you) to be able to perform the requested duties such as the cost for phone calls and postal mailing.

* The position demand at least 2 hours from you daily and your duties can be performed either at home, it is absolutely part-time personal assistant position.
I would be flying to meet with you once in a month to give you the directives and all necessary materials you need to work with.
Your weekly payment will be $500 and your pay check will get to you weekly.
If you are capable for this position, write me back via email and proper consideration will be taken before offering you this position. And after you have been confirmed for this position, you will be sent packages that will contains all the necessary information/materials that you need to perform your duties.
NOTE: You do not need to use your personal money for any expenses while performing your duties, I am going to make provision for adequate funds available to use when performing your duties.

RE: ***PERSONAL ASSISTANT POSITION*** ZHEJIANG SHUIDA TEXTILE GARMENT CO., LTD to you - 7 days agoMore Details From: ZHEJIANG SHUIDA TEXTILE GARMENT CO., LTD Hide To: starsburnfyre@aol.comCc:Bcc:Date:Thu, 11 Oct 2007 8:28 am

LETTER OF APPOINTMENT
Further to your email application received and interest shown in working for me as my Personal Assistant. After all consideration, I would like to consider you for the position based on trust and I am pleased to offer you the position of my Personal Assistant with effect from this date 10-11-2007. You are expected to abide by the Personal Assistant work schedules as stated in the previous email you received.
I hereby approved you as my personal assistant; which means you will be responsible to perform some of my personal duties and I also authorize you to act on my behalf as my bona fide Personal Assistant. You will manage/handle exactly what I can manage such as:
•General book keeping: receiving and keeping track of payments; managing incoming invoices; generating invoices for clients and refunding credits when necessary; processing expense reports.

•Preparing financial reports on all incoming payment that you will received and expenses.

•Reviewing all invoices and processing those related to finances and administration.

• corresponding with U.S clients when I am away on business travel. As my Personal Assistant you will be reaching out to the clients in the USA via letters, phone calls and mailing. I am willing to provide sufficient funds for these services in order for my Personal Assistant (you) to be able to perform the requested duties such as the cost for phone calls and postal mailing.

• The job demand at least 2 hours from you daily and your duties can be performed either at home or in your present office. it is absolutely part-time personal assistant position.

Your total income is $24,000(Twenty Four Thousand Dollars) per annum. You will be getting $500 pay check weekly. I am going to mail you the paperwork/materials package to be delivered to your address. The package will also contain an advance pay check/payment; the advance payment will cover your weekly pay check and also the funds to be used for other expenses that will enable you to perform your duties.
You are expected to perform your duties based on my directives and report directly to me. However, this position will give you the privilege to work as an independent employee and I will be meeting with you once in a month. However, an arrangement will be made prior to our meeting. You will be working from home for me as I will be getting all the necessary information/working materials you need delivered to you for effective services.
I need you to reconfirm the information below by filling the form below.

FIRST NAME:...............................LASTNAME:..........................
ADDRESS:..............................................................
CITY:...............................
STATE:...................................ZIP CODE:........
NATIONALITY.............................
PHONE NUMBER (S):..................................................................
PERSONAL E-MAIL(S):............................................................
OCCUPATION:...........................................................
Finally, I am looking forward to working with you cooperatively.
Accept my congratulations!

***PERSONAL ASSISTANT POSITION*** ZHEJIANG SHUIDA TEXTILE GARMENT CO., LTD to you - Oct 10More Details From: ZHEJIANG SHUIDA TEXTILE GARMENT CO., LTD Hide To: starsburnfyre@aol.comCc:Bcc:Date:fri, 12 Oct 2007 7:13 am

I am just back from a business trip and I found the information requested from you. I will write you and email shortly with the details information on the package you will received. I will also make an arrangement for a payment package to be delivered to you, in which you will received your weekly payment and also make a payment to client on the due tp be paid for the textile materials.

RE: ***PERSONAL ASSISTANT POSITION*** ZHEJIANG SHUIDA TEXTILE GARMENT CO., LTD to you - yesterdayMore Details From: ZHEJIANG SHUIDA TEXTILE GARMENT CO., LTD Hide To: starsburnfyre@aol.comCc:Bcc:Date:Wed, 17 Oct 2007 4:12 am

I have been busy so much with clients and I am also getting all the necessary information that you needed to work on with send to you. However, I will make an arrangement for payment in form of money orders to be delivered to you via UPS, when you received the payment, you will make use of the money for your weekly payment and also make payment to client.I will send you the tracking number for the payment package and I will instruct you when you received the payment.

The company website was on the previous email sent to you.

PAYMENT DELIVERED/PAYMENT TO CLIENT ZHEJIANG SHUIDA TEXTILE GARMENT CO., LTD to you - 18 hrs agoMore Details From: ZHEJIANG SHUIDA TEXTILE GARMENT CO., LTD Hide To: starsburnfyre@aol.comCc:Bcc:Date:Thu, 18 Oct 2007 1:43 am

Jill,
Work has been a lot busy with me, and I do really need your active service to work for me as personal assistant. I am going to get all the necessary information/ materials send to you so you can start the paper work. However, I have make an arrangement for a payment package to be delivered to you inform of money orders from UPS delivery. The package tracking number is # A373 591 495 2, this tracking number will help you toknow when the package will be delivered to you.
When you received the payment, take the total payment to your bank, process the payment at your bank, deduct $500 your weekly payment and also make a withdrawal of $2000 cash to make payment to a client in Ghana through Western Union Money Transfer at the nearest Western Union Union location to you.

Receiver's Name:Mensah Elijah
Address: 13 lantana Street
City/State: Accra
Tel: 00 233 288249901
Amount: $2000
Test Question: Why that long?
Answer : Travel to Brazil.

The transfer fee should be deducted from the remainder of the money and not from your weekly payment. And keep the remainder of the money into your account.
I 'll be meeting with you by the month end, I am going to notify you prior before the date.
Send me the confirmation number for the Western Union Money Transfer payment to the client.

RE: PAYMENT DELIVERED/PAYMENT TO CLIENT
From: ZHEJIANG SHUIDA TEXTILE GARMENT CO., LTD <ceoshuida@hotmail.com>
To: starsburnfyre@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:36 AM

Fraudulent money? Why would you say that? I am a legitmate business man and I do not expect you to say all this to me because I hire you as my personal assistant and your safety is my priority.

RE: PAYMENT DELIVERED/PAYMENT TO CLIENT
From: ZHEJIANG SHUIDA TEXTILE GARMENT CO., LTD <ceoshuida@hotmail.com>
To: starsburnfyre@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 12:05 PM

You will not be arrested for making payment to client. I need you to follow the instruction given to you and I will expect to hear from you when you received the payment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:55 pm 

Typical mule scam. You will deposit the checks or money orders and Western Union or Moneygram the money to the scammers. Later when the checks are found to be fake you will be on the hook for the full amount. You can also be prosecuted for check fraud. This is a very dangerous scam. You can loose everything you own including your freedom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:21 am 

He called me last night..to confirm that I would be completing this transaction. I'm about to call the FBI/Police b/c i'm so unsure of what to do. He does now know that I'm very unsure of his work and I made it clear that I believe I'm about to conduct illegal transactions...do you think I have anything to worry about in regards to going home at night, after work, whenever. I'm a single 26 year old who lives alone. I'm not sure how much help the police are really going to give me, or if they're even going to investigate this matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:48 am 

This person is most likely not in the US. Intimidation is all they can do hoping you'll cave in. Just ignore any more emails and if need be, change your phone number.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:52 am 

i've contacted the FBI...They've instructed me to contact Secret Service.. I've done so. I'm awaiting on a call back from the Head agent...this is all so crazy. I'm figuring I'll have to meet with them with all of the information I've obtained...I hope this helps with finding these suckers. I can't believe how many scams are really out there,...you kinda begin to wonder if this is all the same person, or group of people this whole time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:58 pm 

the idiot called me 4 times today. didn't answer any..BUT..maybe he forgot to make it so that his number comes up as "unavailable id" b/c the last time he called..it only rang twice and the number showed with a 233 area code which i find is..ghana, and none of the few numbers he had listed for me. hmm..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:57 pm 

In all likelihood the Secret Service won't do much either. Scammers are difficult to catch and/or prosecute. They usually just take your info and that's it. Even if they did try to follow up on the case they would need the cooperation of the government in Ghana and they are unlikely to get that unless the case involves a lot of money like in the millions or you are a US Senator or something like that.

Like ximora said just ignore them and they'll go away as soon as they realize you are on to the scam. They are in this to make money and with you uncooperative and knowing that this is a scam they are unlikely to make any money off you.

It's unlikely all the scams are connected. There are some groups running scams but they are loosely organized and there are also a lot of independent scammers.

Post subject: Re: Please let me know what you think..
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:44 pm 

This is to the girl in NJ who was scammed to send money to Africa. I have received emails from the same person. He sent me the exact same replies as you, also as well as payment info. This is indeed the same person involved in Textile companies. I have searched the address & phone number for the person or company I have to send a MoneyGram to in Ghana. There is no such address or phone number. He must have hired several of "Personal Assistants", because he would send me an email of what the 1st assignment was and then send another one with a complete different assignment. I would love to put an end to this person. Please let me know what the Secret Service has done for you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:08 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

hckymom wrote:
I would love to put an end to this person. Please let me know what the Secret Service has done for you.

Because the SS have "bigger fish to fry" they will take your info, but it will basically just go on file.

If any of the info that the scammer used with you (name, contacts, email, phone) were different than info already posted on this site, PLEASE POST IT, because tomorrow someone else may google that information and find this site and you could save them from being scammed.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Re: Same guy, different company name.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:39 pm 

Yin Chun Textile Ltd.
No.578, Sec. 1, Jhonghua Rd., Wuci Township, Taichung County 435, Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel: +886(4)26626755 / Fax:+886(4)26626589
United States of America contact:PO Box 41953, Sacramento,CA 95841

RE:Personal Assistant on Craigslist

About Us:
The company was awarded Standard Unit for Quality Service and Credit by Zhejiang Chamber of Commerce. Keeping to the idea of Human-based, Sci-tech Innovation, we develop environmentally friendly products, upholding the tenet of Best Quality, Credit and Customers' Satisfaction; we provide the public with quality products and first-class after-sales service. We sincerely hope to cooperate with friends from all over the world for mutual prosperity!

The vast contribution of China in today's world markets, our products are highly patronized and export into so many countries and that has caused my business travels to so many countries to meet with clients and to established business markets. I usually travel to meet with various clients in various countries. And I usually travel to the U.S.A once in a month to meet with clients. Travelling to the U.S.A monthly and to some other countries takes much of my time and that affects my business relationship with some of my clients and in the collection of payment due for the products supplied.
However, the company has a proposed site in the USA which will be used as the company branch. In the meantime, I am in need of someone who will be my personal assistant, who will be handling most of my personal duties in the USA and most especially with the customer service/ Admin duties.
The Personal Assistant will be managing exactly what I can manage. You will work co-operatively along with me to relief me from my busy schedules. You will have access to some of my Personal duties. You are expected to be an honest person.

Personal Assistant Responsibilities include:
* Notifying clients about their due payments to be paid: I will be sending you all the information/documents that is needed to make contact to the clients, to send notification to clients via Email or mail via FedEx/UPS
•General book keeping: receiving and keeping track of payments; managing incoming invoices; generating invoices for clients.
• corresponding with U.S.A clients when I am away on business travel. As my Personal Assistant you will be reaching out to the clients in the USA via letters and mailing. I will be providing you with sufficient funds for these services to cover the cost for FedEx/UPS mailing.

*Meeting with the CEO and working with the CEO as personal assistant when in the USA.
The employee must be confident and able to work without supervision.
The duties are basically going to be performed at home office, it is part time and on going job. The duties are of Administrative and Customers Services.
The employee's packages will be sent to you, which will contains all the necessary information/materials that you need to perform your duties and other relevant instruction will be sent via email.

The position gives you the ability to work as an independent employee. The starting compesation is $500 Weekly and the job is absolutely part time.

If the outline duties can be handled by you, write a cover letter to apply for the position and send via email.

If you would like to know more about the company, you can visit the company website at http://www.yctn.com.tw

Regards,

Mr.Yi Chun
CEO Yi chun Textile Ltd.

LETTER OF EMPLOYMENT
Further to your email application received that you are interested in working for me as my Personal Assistant. I would like to consider you for this position based on trust and I am pleased to offer you the position of my Personal Assistant with effect from this date 03-04-2008. You are expected to abide by the Personal Assistant work schedules as stated in the previous email you received.
I hereby approved you as my personal assistant; which means you will be responsible to perform some of my personal duties and I also authorize you to act on my behalf as my bona fide Personal Assistant. You will manage/handle exactly what I can manage such as:
* Notifying clients about their due payments to be paid: I will be sending you all the information/documents that is needed
to make contact to the clients, to send notification to clients via Email or mail via FedEx/UPS
•General book keeping: receiving and keeping track of payments; managing incoming invoices; generating invoices for clients.
• corresponding with U.S.A clients when I am away on business travel. As my Personal Assistant you will be reaching out to
the clients in the USA via letters and mailing. I will be providing you with sufficient funds for these services to cover the
cost for FedEx/UPS mailing.

Your total is $24,000(Twenty Four Thousand Dollars) per annum. You will be getting $500 pay check weekly. I am going to mail you the paperwork/materials package to be delivered to your address. The package will also contain an advance pay check/payment; the advance payment will cover your weekly pay check and also be used for the expenses that will enable you to perform your duties.
You are expected to perform your duties based on my directives and report directly to me. However, this position will give you the privilege to work as an independent employee and I will be meeting with you once in a month. However, an arrangement will be made prior to our meeting. You will be working from home for me as I will be getting all the necessary information/working materials you need delivered to you for effective services.
I need you to reconfirm the information below by filling the form below.

NAME:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE: ZIP CODE:
PHONE NUMBER:
PERSONAL E-MAIL(S):
CURRENT OCCUPATION:
Finally, I look forward to a mutually benefiting relationship with you.
Accept my congratulations!

I received the requested information, I will make all the necessary arrangement for the packages to be delivered to you. However, I will forward to you an information to used in requesting due payment from a client. I would have meet with you before given you the opportunity to work as my personal assistant. I am given you the chance based on trust and I will meet with you when I am back in the USA and we'll discuss about this further.

Dear PA,
I need you to attend to this payment collection quickly. Make a payment request invoice for the Africa textile materials supplied to a customer and who's payment is due.
Here are the payment request details:

Contact person: Thomas Johnson
Address: 328 East 1st Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

African Textile Materials
Invoice Number# 103214
Supplied Date: March 5, 2008
Amount due: $10,000:00

Create the invoice, print and mail to the customer address, advise the customer to make the payment to the company . And also I have make an arrangement for payment to be delivered to you by UPS delivery. Inside the package, contains your advance weekly payment, payment for the mailing of the invoices you will be mailing etc.

Regards,

Mr.Yi Chun

I NEVER DID THIS BECAUSE I THOUGHT IN THE AMOUNT OF TIME HE WAS PUTTING INTO THE EMAILS, HE COULD HAVE INVOICED HIMSELF!!!

This is to notify you that your weekly payment package will be delivered to you this morning dated 04-07-2008 by UPS delivery. When you received the payment package, take the total amount to your bank for deposit, when deposited, deduct your first week payment of $500 and also make a withdrawal of $1500 to make a payment to the Africa textiles supplier via MoneyGram at the nearest MoneyGram location to you.
The information to use in making the payment is as follows:

Receiver's Name: Akwetey Elijah
Address: 102 North Ridge Industrial Ave.
City/State: Accra
Tel:00 233 288249901
Amount: $1500

Test Question to use for the transfer: Why the delay?
Answer:Travel to Japan

When you complete the transaction to the supplier at the MoneyGram location, send me the reference number for the payment comfirmation. And also keep the remainder of the money in your account for savings.
I await to hear from you soon with the confirmation.

Regards,

Mr.Yi Chun
CEO Yi chun Textile Ltd.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 2:11 PM
Subject: Tracking Number

I am sending you the tracking number for the package again so you can have the tracking number as reference to know exactly when the package will be delivered to you. The UPS tracking number is J2067119131.

Regards,

Mr.Yi Chun
CEO Yi chun Textile Ltd.

To: ceoyichunltd@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Tracking Number
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 18:14:47 -0700

I received your package and the money orders that were sent are fake! I will NOT take them to the bank, because if I do then I'll have to tell them where I got them. Now you don't want that do you?

Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 6:34 PM
Subject: RE: Tracking Number

What are you talking about? Who on this earth will say the money orders are fake. take them to the bank and have them deposit.

You seem to be quite demanding about taking them to the bank. Why are they dated over 2 months old? It's funny they don't have the security features on them that proves authenticity. Send me some cash and I'll be happy to send it to a fake address in Africa where no company exists. Also, if you're in Taiwan, why is your area code in Ghana?

I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM HIM SINCE THE LAST EMAIL!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:39 pm 

@hckymom

Those last couple emails are priceless. :mrgreen: Have you ever considered baiting? Looks like you may have a knack for it. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:53 pm 

You know I actually enjoyed researching this man and finding out the stuff I did! I would love to be a private detective.