ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Funds Available to propagate Islam
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:52 am 

I have investigated and found that the real Sultan Haji Fiundation is legitimate and it was the prompting from the prince that made it more real . But, the continuous advance fee s being requested are not consistant with normal Islamic paying out of charity . I am full of grief and disappointment after suffering the loss of $6,000.00 after accepting the offer of Funding from this legitimate Foundation in Brunei .All of my pleas that I am a student and I am not a corporate executive has gone without regard and more requests for additional fees have been the only response . Against all advices I sent the money by Western Union anyway ,and after I could not borrow any more money , I convinced one of the people who originally advised me against sending advance fees to send $1,200.00 also . We remain unfunded and are being coached to send more money .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:33 pm 

Definitely DO NOT!! send them more money. These scammers often do use legitimate organization's names to fool their victims. Sometimes they will even send you a link to the legitimate organization's website. It just makes their scam more credible.

Your money is gone and will never be returned. Consider that an expensive lesson. The thing to do now is get on with life. Sorry the news can't be any better but that's what stinks about these scams. The scammers are almost impossible to catch and prosecute and even then you likely wouldn't get your money back.

What to watch out for now however is a money recovery scam. Someone will contact you claiming to be able to get your money back and bring the scammers to justice. To do this however they will need more money from you first. And thus begins another scam. Don't fall for it.