ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I Have Been Scamed For $17,500.00 US Dollars
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:40 am 

I was scamed in a little different way from the sites originators story. I was promised 20% of 18.5 million us dollars for helping this person transfer money out of south africa. It involved an advanced fee wich I paid to start of 1000.oo dollars. Then after this person in s africa could not come up with the rest of the fee they found someone to borrow the money from. They then asked to wire transfer the money into my bank which I aggreed to. After waiting for nearly 4 days after the transfer took place I was told by the bank that the funds could be used.So I sent 3 seperate moneygrams to this person in south africa for a total of $15,800.00 dollars. I did not for one minute think that I should keep this money as it was not mine, So I sent it freely hoping to recieve my payment later, Besides I felt for the safety of my family if I kept this money. Then 8 days after the bank said the money was in my account, they quickly changed their story, to I deposited a bad check, to the bank recieved this bad check in the mail, to it was a night deposit made after hours. At no time did I ever see this check, I was told that it was a wire transfer, not a check deposited to my account. Now the bank froze my account and did not pay approximately $1500.00 in checks that we wrote. And they said that I deposited this check,which I did not. For all I know someone at the banks are involved in this scam. How easy it would be for the people in south africa to have inside help and then pay these people off later once they have scamed the true customers. I find it very hard to believe that someone in south AFRICA COULD MAIL A CHECK INTO MY ACCOUNT IN 1 DAY LESS THAN 24 HOURS AFTER i TALKED TO THEM.tHEY MUST HAVE CALLED SOMEONE HERE IN THE STATES OR AT THE BANK TO SET ME UP. PLEASE HELP. my cell phone is 2487228249. or you can email me at hahjw@msn.com. I also could use some donations as I am 2 months behind on my present bills and house payment. My bank has only made my situation worse! I'll wait to here from anyone who can help me. Thank You Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 2:46 pm 

well if you did not deposit it, it doesn't have your signature, and therefore it doesn't have your authorisation! i guess you better find an attorney. but you should start with the attorney general's office and ask for advice. the bank can't prove you deposited it if you didn't, so let's hope the burden of proof is on them and since they can't, they're liable. if you didn't know there was a deposit, how can you be liable for it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:14 am 
he is liable because he sent moneygrams on money in the account. In otherwords, he is liable because he got the money!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:38 am 

Judgemental schmudmental. I don't agree with "Guests" posts, but it does open the doorways for discussion. The more you discuss, the more information you can reveal that you didn't realise you knew or that you were holding back thinking others knew. It could lead to an interesting development within your own cases.

I'm sure my post will be deleted along with this one, but that is the price of freedom.

I received your email Joe, where would you like me to Western Union the money to?

Post subject: to JW
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:55 am 
Gold Member

There is a possibility, if the bank is willing to investigate the info concerning the actual deposit to your account, that they will accept partial liability (ie no endorsement, etc), but cannot be certain...and the hill you climb will be a steep one.

Unfortunately for you, this scam has been around for several decades in one form or another...literally decades...and is thought, in most circles, to be somewhat well known.

try http://www.oust-ed.org for some good information and support for victimization of this type fraud.

txbelle

-- -- Washington Irving

Post subject: UPDATE LIST OF SCAMER FROM BENIN
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:41 pm 

ALI RAZACK=002291455 MONACO CELL:00377 476 04319.
AHMED SABO=00229445918.
ANDREY LERCHE=00229334241
AHOUMENOU MICHEL=00229927606.
ETS MISTOURA&FILS=00229982091.
CARLOS HERMANN =00229334239.
MRS.AGAM EMERI Tel :00229334239
ETS IDRISS&FILS,ADAMS THOMAS=00229943070.
MEGPHAR CONSULTANT=00229063198.
NADINE MOLIERE=00229063604.
INTERNATIONAL GTB COMPANY=00229407184
ROCK WANI JEAN,CHARLE COMPANY-AMOR LIMITED=00229073379.
ROYAL FINANCE-MONACO- 17 AVENUE D'OSTENDE MONACO=37747612481

Post subject: what ever happened
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:17 am 

what ever happend? Did you have to pay the money back? I am a new victim and need advice . Please tell me what you did and what I can do.