ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Green Cap Financial LLC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:40 am 

Beware of this 'company'. They are trying the "De-restriction Fee" trick. You get a cold call from someone (a Mr. Tyler in my case) who wants to buy junk stocks from you (in my case Roanoke Technology Corp. - ticker symbol: rnke.pk) for a price thousands of times higher than the current trade price. They will send you a .PDF file with a "TENDER OFFER" (which is asking for a "De-restriction Fee", which must be prepaid). The email, including full header, that comes with it reads:

Subject: Message from John Tyler
From: Green Cap Financial Llc <contact@greencapfinancialllc.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 00:56:13 -0400
To: [your email address]
X-UIDL: 3d76f4d500001467
X-Mozilla-Status: 0003
X-Mozilla-Status2: 10000000
Received: from svltd.com (skyhawk.rapidns.com [209.120.245.31]) by [your POP server] (8.8.8/8.8.8 ) with ESMTP id MAA14350 for <[your email address]>; Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:56:29 +0800 (CST)
Received: from [192.168.15.104] [210.213.111.178] by svltd.com with ESMTP (SMTPD32-8.13) id A133293F0242; Thu, 20 Apr 2006 00:42:27 -0400
Message-ID: <4447146D.8000308@greencapfinancialllc.com>
Reply-To: contact@greencapfinancialllc.com
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040804 Netscape/7.2 (ax)
X-Accept-Language: en-us, en
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------020403060005060606000805"
Content-Length: 130118

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXX,

Good day!

We are one of the venture capital firm that has been selected by the federal depository to acquire certain securities issued by another investment company that has been restricted to do business.

I am sending you herewith the list of documents needed for me to verify and study the shares you own for selling.

I am requesting you to fax me a copy of the following:

1. Share Certificate
2. Payment receipt / invoice
3. Agreement between you & the Investment Company
4. Copy of passport or drivers license

Upon receiving, I shall inform you on the procedure of selling & redeeming your shares using our services. I shall be in touch with you again to further discuss this matter.

For more information please log on to our website http://www.greencapfinancialllc.com or e-mail us at contact@greencapfinancialllc.com.

Also, please find attached Tender Offer (for your review and approval).

Sincerely,

John Tyler
Green Cap Financial Llc
Senior Investment Adviser
contact@greencapfinancialllc.com.
Trunk Line: +1-949-885-0464
Fax Number: +1-949-885-0465

The 'Who Is' record of their 'fabricated' homepage http://www.greencapfinancialllc.com/ reads

Domain Name: GREENCAPFINANCIALLLC.COM
Registrar: DIRECT INFORMATION PVT LTD D/B/A PUBLICDOMAINREGISTRY.COM
Whois Server: whois.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Referral URL: http://www.PublicDomainRegistry.com
Name Server: NS1.LOMBARDSMITH.COM
Name Server: NS2.LOMBARDSMITH.COM
Updated Date: 31-jan-2006
Creation Date: 13-dec-2005
Expiration Date: 13-dec-2006

The calling time is usually around 6:00AM to 8:00AM GMT. The caller is fluent in American English though (most likely American or Canadian).

The caller seems to have access to client data from a boiler room company called "Hudson International Group".

Very interesting is the used SMTP server to send the email 'svltd.com', which belongs to the Simpson Venture Ltd., a well know scam 'firm' (click here for details).
Also interesting was that during the call Mr. Tyler wanted to buy Roanoke shares but in the Tender Offer suddenly "First Republic Group of Funds (FRGOF)" was mentioned - a share I have never had.

So don't be fooled. There is nothing like a free luch. :!:

Post subject: Green Cap Financial LLC
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:50 pm 

This company also has an SEC Filing. The filing date is 19th Feb 2004. They approach you to sell old stock and shares that were purchased in the Late 1990s from other scamsters. They say they will take their commission from the proceeds of the sale including the costs to register the stocks in the US to get the restriction S lifted. The scam becomes apparent when they send you a 1099B form saying that the IRS has charged you with a penalty interest component for failure to submit a W8 Form for the past 6 years. The tax penalty has to be paid to them into their bank as they are your acting broker or agent. They would then pay the IRS the tax prior to the funds being deposited into your bank account.

The contact I have had is Anthony Jorgenson Phone Number 1+949-885-0464

The SEC is sending me a copy of their Filing. That will be interesting.