ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Escrow and TNT Scams
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:16 pm 

I just want to start out by saying that TNT is a legit company. It is the scammers that are saying that they offer an escrow type service. I have called TNT myself and they conferm that these people are scammers and that they are simply a shipping company and are NOT allowed to ship or transfer money.

I have now confermed that "susan" is back at work. She is continuously answering the e-mails from the st. louis craigslist listing for an ibook listing of " Re: Apple 14 iBook 1.42 Ghz PowerPC G4 1024MB Ram - $450 " she is using the same email quoted under" lottery scams" but inserting the words "ibook" when nessasary and asking to use TNT. I have forwarded the mock TNT site she sent me to TNT which was a fake site listing that TNT does offer an escrow type service. I spoke with TNT myself and informed them of this site. Hopefully they can do somtheing. "susan is also using the e-mail addresses as follows:

sus.hoklanson@hotmail.com - susan hokanson
(yes.. she actually miss spelled one of the them.. either her name or her e-mail address.... hoklanson / hokanson)

Susan_Wheeler321@hotmail.com - Susan Wheeler
I had confronted Susan previously about her craiglist listing and never heard another word from her. so... i decided to contact her again using another e-mail address and low and behold... the same reply message yet a different e-mail address and name!

just a heads up for everyone!

thanks so much for making your postings. this person must be stoped somehow! I will be reporting her account to craigslist also but there isn't really any actual way stop her for good.

thanks!

oh, by the way... thankfully i caught on before she got one penny from me! hopefully more people will read this and will not do business with this person.

rebecca

below is a copy of the first e-mail sent to me both times :
(the TNT link in this e-mail is the REAL TNT link.

http://www.tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverha ... rvice.html

The fake one was sent to me a couple of e-mails later. it is as follows:

TNT FAKE SITE!!!= http://englandtnt.net/tnt.express.wolve ... tails.html

---------
Hello

I still have the laptop. As I said, the laptop was made to be used in USA, and it comes with warranty.
I have attached some pics with the laptop to this e-mail. I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I would like to use a service that will help us with that:

TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the laptop before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day delivery (on my expense).

Let me know what you think.

Best,
Susan

--------

Post subject: New TNT victim!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:26 pm 

TNT Scammer now active in Massachusetts Craigslist

I was caught in the moment of a good deal and with a lot of things going on with me at that time I didn't double check TNT. It was too late when I stumbled upon these forums. The money was picked up already.

Some forums I found.

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/ ... 10825.html

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/bizfocu ... 2003207288

http://reviews.ebay.com/PINBALL-MACHINE ... 0002187542

http://www.scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2 ... 159db9f816

http://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=197552

Just to let everybody know that they are active again and I had to learn about them the hard way.

For details of my transaction, see:

http://maynardbp.googlepages.com/tntscam

Post subject: TNT Scan in Cincinnati Craig's List
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:51 pm 

Saw the same posting in Cinci Craigg's list. Almost fell pray to the scam. But I called up TNT and they seemed to be aware of the scan.

Beware....

Hope TNT is doing something about this. What surprises me that she is able to use the tnt.com address. Seems to be an inside job.

Post subject: Re: TNT Scan in Cincinnati Craig's List
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:28 pm 
Gold Member

india7229 wrote:
Saw the same posting in Cinci Craigg's list. Almost fell pray to the scam. But I called up TNT and they seemed to be aware of the scan.

Beware....

Hope TNT is doing something about this. What surprises me that she is able to use the tnt.com address. Seems to be an inside job.

It isn't an inside job. It is not that hard to mirror a website to look the same. Look at all the fake bank web links people fall victim to. They look the same but are not.

Post subject: Re: Escrow and TNT Scams
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:26 pm 

Same Scam in Philadelphia, PA

Listed "Sony Notebook - VGN AR290G - 17'' top of the line laptop - core 2 duo - $500?" on Craigslist (Philadelphia).

Here's the email I got as a reply:

Sony Notebook - VGN AR290G - 17'' top of the line laptop - core 2 duo - $500?
This message may be dangerous. Learn more
Sent: Thu 4/10/08 3:10 AM
To: MY EMAIL ADDRESS@hotmail.com

Security scan upon download
11.jpg (61.0 KB), 22.jpg (68.0 KB), 33.jpg (77.0 KB), 44.jpg (81.5 KB)
Hello

I still have the laptop. The laptop is a US model, it is 3 months old and it comes with 9 months of warranty.
I have attached some pics with the laptop to this e-mail. I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I would like to use a service that will help us with that:

TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the laptop before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day delivery (shipping is on me).

Best,
Susan

11.jpg
22.jpg
33.jpg
44.jpg

Hotmail automatically knew it was a hoax because it sent the message straight to my junk mail. I'm glad I researched TNT.com (legitimate company) but ended up finding this website with the exact same scam.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:01 pm 

Same scam is happening in NH / ME. This girls got some nerve!!!

she used the alias / e-mail: Susan Sayer <susansayer@live.com>

She posted the same iBook too! :

"nice mac ibook for sale,with G4 proc,14'' display and external iSight - $320" ~ on CL

same initial e-mail as below, after i asked "what next?" second e-mail went as follows:

Hi Sam

You're welcome.
I see that you dont know how our deal will work out. Did you read TNT's procedure on their website? It is explained there how their service works. Let me know after you read their procedure so I can be certain that we are on the same page:

http://tntukship.com/tnt.express.wolver ... tails.html

Best
Susan

THANKS FOR POSTING THIS GUYS... YOU JUST SAVED ME $320 BUCKS!!!!!! :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:37 pm 

I just want to say that "Susan" has been to Nashville! I feel sorry for these people that do this because they have no life and they will enjoy their "no life" as they burn in HELL one day! I am so pissed, as you can plainly see. :evil: :x

CJ

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:05 am 

Quote:
Morrison_Susan@hotmail.com

Hello

I still have the laptop. The laptop was set up for the US.

TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the laptop before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day delivery (shipping is on me).

Best,
Susan

Susan has been to the NY craigs list

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:12 am 

Quote:
In order to close down the fraudulent website or email address as soon as possible, and hence preventing any further scams, we ask you to forward the fraudulent email message to e-crime@tnt.com. Please be informed that you will not receive a reply after you have forwarded the email message.

I forwarded the email to e-crime@tnt.com . I suggest everyone else does the same.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:56 pm 

They always follow the same,recursive pattern.Be it a laptop,a computer,a TV,a camera,they always sell it at a fab minimum price,they always live in another country,they can't personally deal with the transaction so they ask you to send your full details,to send a certain amount of hard earned money to a wannabe TNT agent living in the UK via Western Union money transfer.People smile"Wow!That's cheap!That's soooooo very convenient" and,when naive and gullible,send.Do they see their unwisely sent money again?Nope.Do they learn from this experience?Let's hope so,let's really do.This is my story.On Dec.22 I run across a very interesting ad on an Italian ad site.Duly complete with seven fab pics the ad described a large flat whose owner was going to rent.Only 600 Euros(unbelievable for the city I happen to live in).Well,I believed.There was a telephone number so I hastened to call(incidentally,I am desperately looking for a flat)-no answer at all,phone rang and rang and rang-nothing.There was an email address,so I hastened to write.Surprise surprise-the owner of the fab flat wrote me he was living in London due to job reasons,he was the owner of the flat,he kept the price low since he was looking for a nice decent person whom to rent to,he could not personally show the flat being in London,but-but all I was requested to do was send my shipping details to him,then send the amount for one month rent to a TNT agent who,in turn,would send me the keys and the legal rent papers.
Incidentally,The payment was to be made via Western Union.I rushed to Western Union(fools always rush,don't they?) and gave my hard earned 600 Euros.No news from then from the "owner".On the other hand the self-styled TNT sent me a mail asking for 300 Euros as "shipping guarantee"due to a change in the EU law(????).
Bit late I woke up,called TNT(the real one)and they informed me it was a complete,sheer scam.I contacted Western Union to cancel the payment and am waiting for their reply.I lost 600 Euros in a time when money is very much needed.Is it my fault?Of course.Have I been naive and gullible?Of course.Have I learned from this lesson?Of course.

Merry Christmas you all and my heartfelt apologies for my many mistakes-English is not,alas,my mother tongue. :(