ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I almost fell for it!!...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:27 pm 

I was so skeptical, but called my "claim agent" Megan Green of Global Processing Group (902-412-8883) to check things out. It seemed too good to be true, but she matter-of-factly told me to go ahead and believe it! Just deposit the check, then go to Western Union, and transfer the money into an account she'd tell me about once this check clears. I really wanted to believe it, but I asked her for a telephone # I might call to check things out further: 519-721-5208. I called, but the mailbox was full. So then, I went online and looked up Global Processing Group and found this site -- THANK YOU!!! My check is on Ameriprise Financial in the amount of $2,962.30. I will send a letter to the CA Atty General with copies of this, and I will call my local Air America radio station. If I could come this close to being duped, just think of the problems the elderly might have with this!

Post subject: Lottery Scam!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:26 am 

I also recieved a letter through the mail of Euromillones Lottery Primitiva S.A stating "Re: Award final notification". It continues to say about the due to a mix up with some of the numbers and names, the results were released that I had been approved of a lump sum of 815,810.00 USD. You could have imagined how exciting I was to hear this but I still couldnt believe it. So I went ahead and contacted my agent who supposedly was handling my claim, Mr. Fred Alvaro, and he told me that "Yes, he had my name on the list of other winners and said he had to call the lottery bar to see if I was APPROVED!" I thought to myself this has to be aload of ****!
But I recieved his call back! And said that I was approved so I jumped up so high! Then he said that I will recieve the check at my home address the following day. The next day I recieved a call from this guy name Kiko Gordon claiming to be the bank and said I needed to send a wire transfer through a Western Union of an amount 1,700.00 USD. So I told him I dont have that kind of money. He said that I had to pay that fee because it was a clearance fee for the bank to send me that check to my home address and it wasnt that big of an amount compared to what I had won. I agreed and called my parents for the money and my mother told me to first look them up in BBB. But there was nothing, so I just looked the name of the program and I found all of these reports. So Thank You so much! If it wasn't for this website I would have been out 1700 dollars and I dont even know what that amount of money actually looks like until tax return....lol :D Especially since the holidays are coming up so soon!!!!