ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Royal British Lotto British Random Draws
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:50 pm 

firefly67 wrote:
Well, today I rec'd a check from Green County Bank, Greenville, Tennessee in the amount of $2,997.80. Supposedly I won $107,646.00 once a $7,854.00(6.8%)Sponsor's commission was subtracted. The letter that accompanied the check stated that I was to call my North American claim agent Debbie Jones, of Zenith Financial Management Group at 1496 Hollis Street, STE 202, Halifax, NS. Phone number 1-902-412-1240. The company listed at the top left hand of the check was Plastics, P.O. Box 1448, Greenville, Tennessee, 37744 and a large LMR logo was also on the left upper corner of the check and below that the words "injection Molded Products". The letter read nearly identical to others quoted on this forum except for the amount of the check. As soon as I read the letter and the part about keeping quiet about winning the lotto, as well as the fact that I had to claim the money by Oct. 27(less than a week away)I became suspicious and got on line to check it out. I suspected it was a scam. I am grateful to all who posted on this forum about this scam because it saved me the grief of finding out the hard way, although I had planned to check it out in some other fashion if I could not find anything on the web about it. But I certainly do appreciate people taking the time to post their experiences in here because I can relate those situations and my own to other people I know to warn them of this scam. I am sorry for those who deposited the checks and wish you all luck getting this straightened out.
:twisted:

Post subject: british royal rip off
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:54 pm 

thanks to all the posts i didn't do something stupid....i am giving the check to the atterny genneral of mass

Post subject: Royal British Lotto
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:53 am 

BONANZA 2000 - Royal British Draws Certificate sent me a notice via U.S. Postal mail that I had won $115,500.00 minus $7,854.00 Sponsor's Commission, leaving a net cash prize of $107,646.00.

Total cash prize $2,450,500.00 shared among 23 winners.
Claim agent Lisa Edwards, Zenith Financial Management Group, London - an accredited agency to British Mega Lotto.

Enclosed was a check from Forest Oil Corporation, Denver, in the amount of $2996.50 drawn on Morgan-Chase Bank in Syracuse, NY.
:o

Post subject: Royal British Lotto
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:05 pm 

Well, just like a lot of you, I too got one of one of those letters and a check in the amount of $2,998.40. The supposed agent was Larry Jobes of Imperial Financiers Management Group of Winnipeg, MB. Sounded ligitimate, and yes, I did deposit the check; but I was skeptical enough to open a seperate account so if they asked for my checking account numbers they wouldn't have access to my private funds. Smart, but not smart enough I guess. So tomorrow, I guess I have to go eat crow and tell my bank manager that it was all a fraud. Pretty cruel especially at Christmas, just wish I'd found you guys earlier.[img][/img]

GayleT

Post subject: Solid Lotto
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:56 pm 

I recieved a letter in the mail yesterday, and it was from a "Solid Lotto E-Payment Inc. with the address from the virgin islands on the letterhead. It had all the same info that everyone elses has had that I have read in this forum, I did not cash the check because I was so suspicious. When I had called my suposed "agent" last night, she wasnt in and she called me back. I do have the phone number on my caller id, and I have all the info from the paperwork. Now, I did not cash the check, so does that mean that I am still a victim, can I still go ahead and try to get these people in trouble. And, how do I go about that, where do I go to try to get something done??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:14 pm 
Post the number they called you from, it is most likely a Canadian cell phone, there is not much you can do as far as "getting these people in trouble".

At least you did not lose anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:43 pm 

I just wanted to post that I called the number back tht the lady called me from. It put me through to a recording for some newspaper classifieds ad. So, therefore, there would be no way to trace her, right? But, the number is 416-777-7777.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:24 pm 
There are ways of masking or changing the number you see on your caller ID, the number you posted goes back to a newspaper in Toronto.

Post subject: MEGA 2000 LOTTERY SCAM
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:12 pm 

This is nothing more then a SCAm to Steal form you and your Bank.Do not Deposit Check,and contact the proper people to Stop any more Scams like this.These people are just flat out THEIFS.

Post subject: So I guess I didn't win 114,000 from Mega 2000
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:48 pm 

I got a check today for $2995.75, and a letter from Mega 2000 held in London, England. My name had been attached to a coupon wiht a serial number and I was the lucky winner! It looked real! I called the number, and talked to "Melissa Brown, of Express Financial Group" at 204-887-2978. The sponsor check was enclosed to assist me in my international clearance fees and all I had to do was put it in the bank, and then after it cleared , Western Union $2836 to Carol Smith, at 4025 Warden Street, Victoria BC H4BIC5, then after a mere 5% fee of $6,000 I would get the remainder of $114,000. Well it sounded good, but weird. I had heard of the internet scams, but not scams in the mail. Then I looked on the internet and found this site, still not quite ready to let go of my thousands of pending winnings, I looked up the name of the company on the check, The Eberly Company, in Los Beverly Hills, and it was a real company, with that address.. so I called the number and the tired lady on the other end said, yes, it's a scam, she's had thirty calls, please fax her a copy of the check, the bank knows, the FBI,FTC, all kinds of people are aware of it. Then that I should "shread the check for my protection" which I didn't understand until reading some of these other posts.. Thanks for the info. Too bad, I agree with eveyone else, the money would have come in handy! :shock: All I lost was a little time. Thanks!

Post subject: Royal British Lotto - Mega 2000
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:44 am 

I received a ltter in the mail today 03/24/07 about how I won $120,000.00. I didn't enter a Mega 2000 contest. I have read other postings on this site and have learned that Mega 2000 is a foreign scam.
The check that was mailed to me ($2,996.80) is possibly stolen, and by law, I am responsible for this check. If I continue with the processes of the letter it may become money laundring. SO PLEASE, if you can, call the company that the check is from to let them known you received it and are going to destroy it. THANK YOU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:12 pm 

I received a letter in the mail on March 22 saying I won the Royal Lotto. Enclosed was a check for $2997.90 saying I needed to send it to an agent for some kind of fees. I cashed the check and called a number that was on the letter. I was then told to moneygram the money to a person in Canada and was told to call back when I had confirmation. then they said I would receive my prize and to wait for instructions. I waited, and waited and waited. so, out of curiosity, I looked online for the company.....

I was disgusted!!! to find them on a website saying they were illegal scammers!!!

I feel like kicking myself in the ***!!!!

what can we do to stop this kind of crap!!?? :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:50 am 
Gold Member

Unfortunately many of these scammers are in Nigeria and arrests there are few and far between. We have had a very good relationship with the South African police in the past, and many scammers have been arrested in that country. As time goes on and they become more successful, some of them leave their home country and base themselves in places like the United Kingdom, the USA, South Africa, Amsterdam, Ireland, Australia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, and various other countries. It is easier to get an arrest in some of these places and the authorities are usually not able to be bribed, so this is much more risky for the scammers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:51 am 
Gold Member

I hit the submit button before I was done. Sorry Admins. Aanyways, I'm sorry you've been scammed. If you're feeling stupid, don't, please. These scammers have taken months, maybe years to perfect their craft of spinning lies. They've taken the trust that you put in them and abused it. I know it will be hard to trust people at first, but it takes time to heal.

Post subject: British lotto
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:52 pm 

I had a friend that recived a check from the British Lotto claiming she won a total of $80,199.00 and the check she got with the letter was for $2,785.45. She did not deposit the check into her bank account she went to a store and cashed it.. Well she is facing Felony charges for cashing this check, they were trying to charge her for making the check but thankfuly she was able to prove to them she recived it in the mail.. What is so upsetting is that there is no place she can go to help her with this!! But how many people that get a check in the mail won't go cash it??? There needs to be something done to the people sending these checks out..
The person she had to contact was
Brenda Martin
Sun Source Financial Management Group
30 Liberty Avenue
Suite 224
Calgary, AB T3G 5S5
an accredited agency to British Random Lotto
Tel 1-403-667-8973

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next