ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:36 pm 
somebody post or pm me the account number....

Also are you all from the Northern U.S. we are not seeing these checks in Texas, yet.

Post subject: Global Processing Group
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:46 pm 

I happen to live in Maryland.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:56 pm 

Here's a photo of the check I recieved, so that everyone can be on the lookout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:56 pm 

I live in St. Louis, Missouri.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:13 pm 
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:16 pm 
Does everybody's check look like this one or are there different checks out there. I know somebody said their check was drawn on Perma-Bound............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:34 pm 

no that is diffrent from the one my grandma got hers was green and had the perma thing in the corner hers was also from harrison bank when she called the number tho it was not the right number

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:46 pm 

I live in Texas and got one of those fake checks today.
Interestingly enough the one I got was supposedly from The Revvo Caster Company Inc.
I found this amusing since I just happened to know the background of the Revvo Caster Company, and I can assure you this check is not legimate.

Post subject: Global Processing Group
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:50 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

First, I just want to thank armac for all of the work you are trying to do here in collecting information on these checks and helping the people here.

Second, I want to let everyone know that I just Googled Global Processing Group and this message thread is the second link that comes up, so I hope that since so many people have come here to post their stories it will help to save others from becoming victims.

Armac . . . do you have any suggestions, besides destroying the check, for people? Should they contact the Attorney General Office for their state? If there is a huge flood of these, maybe they would do a press release with a warning?

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:46 pm 
I have never seen a check with this kind of distribution, I wish everyone here would post or pm me the account number on those checks. I can distribute information for all of Texas and part of Oklahoma, but I need all the account number since there appears to be several checks, but all with the same amount. I also need the location the checks are coming from. I might post this on a national fraud investigator board.

Thanks for everrybody's participation!

Turn those checks in to your local District attorney, mention that people all over the country are receiving similar checks.

Post subject: Award Check
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:07 pm 

Hi;

I'm from Orlando,FL and I also received that same check but it sounded too good to be true so I decided to, search about it before depositing the check in my account. Thanks that I found this chat so I know that most definitly it is a scam. For the people that did deposited the check I hope that they keep us posted to what happens next. By the way mine looks just the same as the one that they scanned. If somepne knows where to send the check for any investigation, please let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:21 am 

My wife got one yesterday here in NC. Global Processing Group, Perma Bound, Vanessa Moore, etc. It instantly reminded me of the motorcycle scam where the guy contacts you and says he'll send you a $5000 check for a $2000 motorcycle and asks you to send him the remaining $3000 when the shipper arrives for the bike. But, a few weeks down the road, the check bounces and you're out $3000. Fortunately I was suspicious and had my wife run a search on GPG and this is what we found. Good job everyone!

Armac, there's not a return address on the envelope. Just a time/date stamp and postage stamp. Here's what's written on mine:
"060920 20:42 H4T 1A0 056
De Partout jusqu'a vous
From anywhere to anyone"
and a stamp from Canada

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:05 am 
Someone post me the account number, it may be the same as the check posted, btw thanks for posting that check, my guys are looking at it, of the Perma Bound check.

By creating this thread and keeping it alive, you guys have saved people money. That is what this board is about. I face people every week that have lost their hard earned money, it is not easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:39 am 

armac wrote:
btw thanks for posting that check

No problem, I also have a photo of the letter than I recieved, incase it can be of any help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:51 am 
Thanks Dan! you have been a tremendous help

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next