ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My name is being used to scam others!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:10 pm 

:twisted: Apparently my name is being used to receive payments for undelivered merchandise and/or services. I received the following email today: :evil:

E-Mail from "XXXXXX XXXX" to "Yyyyyyy Yyyyy" at aaaaaaaa@bbbbbbbbb.net
on http://www.complaintsboard.com Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:24:35 -0800 I CANCELED MY ORDER TO YOU AT LEAST 2 WEEKS AGO
SHE HAD SAID I WAS CANCELED AND MY DEBIT WOULD NOT BE CHARGED NOW I LOOK AND SEE YOU CHARGED ME $33.87 I NEED YOU TO PLEASE REVERSE THAT AMOUNT BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT AS I HAD CANCELED MY ORDER WITH YOU
PLEASE CHECK INTO THIS RIGHT AWAY AS I HAD CANCELED AND DID NOT HAVE YOU IN MY CHECK BOOK FOR WITHDRAWL NEEDS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF ASAP
IF A PERSON CANCELS YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE OF THIS BEFORE YOU START PULLING MONEY
I CANCELED MY ORDER AND DID MY PART RIGHT SO YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOUR PEOPLE DO THEIR JOB RIGHT AND GET IT TAKEN CARE OF
THANKS xxxxxx xxxx
If you think that you recieved this E-mail by mistake, please report it to complaintsboard@gmail.com, administrator staff.

I have already reported this as requested above.
I went to the site and found one post I submitted to complain about the non-results of free people search engines. This is where they got my name. My email does not appear there. complaintsboard.com provides a [send email] function, which is how I received the above email. I tested the [send email] function by sending an email to myself. The sender does not see the receiver's email even though the address appears in the email I receive, as does the sender's email. The sender has no copy in their "sent" box. I appreciate the email protection, but they should take it a step higher and only show nicknames in posts.

Post subject: Another scam using NAME THEFT! Perp = Reward Me More
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:53 pm 

:twisted: :evil: I received another complaint today, similar to my initial post, but with one important difference.

"Subject: Reward Me More Method"
This can be traced to "federalgrantsnetwork.com" with an internet search.

If you believe the complaints on the internet (and why shouldn't you), they have already scammed over 1800 victims
out of an estimated $66,000+, at $34 each.!

Second complaint to my email follows(Victim's and my ID's removed):
Subject: reward me more method
"Thu, 03 Jan 2008 08:21:33 -0800
How do I stop these people? I', getting fraudulent charges on my account, but can't get any contact information."

Note: I have not noticed anyone but myself complaining about Name Fraud being used in this scam, but I assume it is
happening. If your name has been used illegally by anyone attempting a scam, please reply here.
Do not assume you have not been harmed just because they didn't get your money!