ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ATTN: Fight Identity Theft
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:22 am 

This is not a plug, I am heavily into computers and also follow the security industry quite heavily. I can confidently say there is a solution finally. This is not a spam for some company. this is a industry consortium of over 150 companies including Intel, AMD, MSFT, HP, IBM, Dell, Infineon, Wave Systems, Atmel, and over 100 others. Please read on:

https://www.trustedcomputinggroup.org/home

The TCG is a group of companies that MAKE the computers we buy. They are putting a chip in the PC called a TPM (trusted platform module). To explain simply, in the future, you will never give a website your credit card info, you will never give them your bank info, your SSN#, etc anymore.

The way this works is that instead of all this being on some company's webserver like eBay, or Amazon, or Travelocity, (and they get hacked and the hacker gets 1,000,000s of people's info)...this data will now be kept ONLY on your PC, and it is encrypted.

Okay, so encryption isn't the only solution. Correct. But, when the data is encrypted, and the key to unlock that data is kept in the hardware chip called the TPM, your data is WAY WAY WAY more secure than being stored in Windows somewhere. This is shipping now on about 5o% of all the PCs made in the world.

So you don't pay any more for it, it is practically free (like $1 a PC extra), and your data, passwords, usernames, etc are all secure. Right now it is all stored in a text file called cookies.txt on your hard drive.

Seagate, the company that makes 70% of all hard drives in the world, also is using the TPM to secure the hard drives now. They just announced a new drive to fully encrypt everything all the time.

This completely eliminates any Phishing, Scamming, Trollling or any other type of identity related issue from EVER happening.

Please learn a bit about this technology and please demand your senators and aldermen and banks and medical companies start treating you, and your personal information, with respect. Chances are, they already have this in 1/3 of their PCs today, and have never turned it on!

I put a page on one of my sites to help people in Illinois contact their people quickly with sample letters. Please feel free to notify your representatives and copy/paste my letters on your sites, or forward to your friends and family to do this. It is time we make some noise!!!

http://www.chicagokitesurfing.com/identitytheft.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:30 am 

I have a 2 year old gateway laptop does it have the tpm?