ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Identity Was Stolen - Here is who stole it!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:38 pm 

This cretin somehow stole my identity and used it to register websites, personal ads and E-Mail addresses. I was soon able to stop all of the transactions and have refunds coming in for all of them. Dopey was so dumb that he sent a product he ordered to my home! These people deserve whatever harassment we honest citizens can muster. E-mail, call, mail bags of poo - whatever you can think of. Teach this monkey a lesson!

The moron registered a domain name (autoshipperslogistic.com) with me credit card information. He posted this E-Mail address to the account:
allisstar10@yahoo.com

Captain Stupid also posted the following contact information on the aforementioned website:
AS Global Services, Inc.
1701 Lower Road
Linden,NJ,07036
(800) 626-2505
admin@autoshipperslogistics.com

The website has since been removed, but can be found at http://autoshipper.tripod.com.

This person put me through hell. What can be done to stop these people? Incessant phone calls and E-Mails might work!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:55 pm 

Mongo,
Can you post the item(s) the scammer was selling? I would like to give it a shot and try to ID the scammer.

That Yahoo address will work just fine, but I need some particulars. I'll check that website...

GM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:45 pm 

Goatman:
I don't have any more information yet, but I'll post if I get any more. Let me know what you find out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:49 am 

I have an inquiry out to "allisstar10".

Don't worry about that NJ address/phone. It is just the address of another phished victim. No decent scammer would list his/her real name in WhoIs.

Again, I am 90% certain this has the foul stench of a Romanian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:55 am 

This person isn't that brite. After all, he did send one of his purchases to my home address - getting the address and phone number wrong as well. He also had the wrong address for all of the other transactions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:13 pm 

Mongo,
Our buddy, allisstar10@ yahoo.com, has responded to me and I have "responded" in turn...

Now we wait....
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:08 pm 

Goatman wrote:
Mongo,
Our buddy, allisstar10@ yahoo.com, has responded to me and I have "responded" in turn...

Now we wait....
:roll:

So I guess you never heard back again?
Mongo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:51 pm 

Hi Guys
I think that someone is trying to scam me! he's using an fake webpage similar that the ones you talk about.
I hab been contacted by customers@autosshipperslogistic.com to do the transaction.
do you know how can i confirm or recognize it is thief?
kindly regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:27 am 

tostrike wrote:
Hi Guys
I think that someone is trying to scam me! he's using an fake webpage similar that the ones you talk about.
I hab been contacted by customers@autosshipperslogistic.com to do the transaction.
do you know how can i confirm or recognize it is thief?
kindly regards

My advice would be not to reply and to add him to your spam list. Report the E-Mail to your ISP as a possible threat if they will take action. Let us know what happens.

Post subject: they come back again
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:55 pm 

Hi Mongo thanks for the reply post
The webpage of the company is cancelled. But i receive an email from the same "company" that is an free webmail service at .host.sk
I reply back trying to confirm some data to verify the identity of person in charge.

I'll just wait
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:13 pm 

The rut you will run into is that eventhough the site was housed on a free server, the owner of the service may not be the one who is stealing identities. They allow anyone and everyone with an ip address to get an account, information given when signing up for the account is not verified so you can literally put any name and address in there that you wish. Just open the phone book and walla good pickins.

Unless you have the bucks to really pay someone to follow an IP address to its exact point of origin meaning heavy duty software usage you will not find this person. Free software packages or those that have some meat to them available to the public can only trace so far. Modules that are available to law enforcement are not readily available to people in the general public.

Count what happened as a good lesson and move on, that is my best advice to you. You will only go crazy trying to hunt down someone that you wont find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:24 pm 

Got to his address, and burn the place down? :twisted:

Just a thought hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:08 pm 

Mongo...be careful of trying to get back at them.....I sent a nasty email using "reply" since there was no unsubscribe to click on ---it was a DELETE THIS POST email. I have now been getting DELETE THIS POST emails with a "FROM: myname@vbe.com
I may not be getting ripped off money-wise, but it is still giving me a bad reputation if anyone I happen to know gets these emails. :cry: So yes, I DO consider this a form of identy theft too!
And I don't know where to begin to solve this problem *sigh*
I'll start saving these emails next time I get one just in case there is something I can do about them....unfortunately I've been deleting them and emptying my trash regularly so there aren't any to give you more info about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:35 pm 

You may also want to check your system for spyware, Malware, and viruses regularly. There is a virus being thrown around by these guys now that get past the protection long enough to get what they want and run it is called a zero hour virus. By the time your protection picks it up, Wham they got what they want and are long gone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:00 am 

It sounds like you may have a rootkit in your system which is impossible to detect with today's software anti-virus tools. In fact, rootkits are so bad that they run "underneath" your anti-virus and prevent it from even seeing it. They can read and write memory stored in flash or firmware, as well. the only way to rid yourself of a rootkit, safely, is to basically reformat your entire drive and reinstall the operating system and your software - basically starting from scratch.

if you own a business, today you are forced to notify people of any breach in security (customers, students, etc) that have information on that computer (salary, SSN, address, name, etc). this costs $200 per contact. Legislation is also being changed to allow companies to be sued for this breach of data if negligent practices are in place. All data must be encrypted. I would suggest that if you are in the process of getting a new PC, you should considern these two new PC functions:

Secure Harddrive from Seagate:
http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/show ... =197802341

Intel Trusted Execution Technology:
http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/hardware/s ... 313,00.htm

VPC